Muscle Vs Import

Hey Guys,

I’ve been looking through the forum but I couldn’t find this classic battle being Muscle vs Import,
I would just like to say in the real world I work in a museum collecting some of the finest cars built,
Funny enough 80% American.

Ever since I was younger I had a big Passion for American Cars and V8’s specially the Hemi Block
and once I landed this job my passion has grown ever more! Riding and Driving some of the Craziest Muscle cars and Modern too!
Such as the Hemi Cuda’ , Dodge Hemi Charger , Challenger R/T 70’ Mach 1 Mustang <3 and GT500 Eleanor and many more!
So naturally my dreams became true.

Even though there is a clear divide in my family between Import and Muscle, Me and my father Love Muscle and my Mother and Brother,
My father: having a Ford Capri with an engine swap for a Chevy 350 small block, My mother and brother: Import after having a 671Bhp Subaru Sti 22b and Nissan 240Sx, Needless to say we spend time comparing what’s better.

From Experience I’ve driven both Import and Muscle, Don’t get me wrong if some asked me if I wanted a Nissan GT-R I wouldn’t say no!,
I just feel like Muscle cars in horizon just aren’t a threat, by muscle I mean pre - 80’s… so I pulled up to the Line in my Mustang Boasting a beautiful 1000+ break and I got Done well well!, even though once I passed the Quarter Mile I was doing a excess of 170mph I got torn, I fully understand weight to power ratio and big engines small cars, lightweight etc.
But it really gets to me when you get beaten by Golf with a Engine swap, well its all he calmed to have done, bar stripping the interior, off the line he won naturally… but the was just no power, I’m running a good set up, but its some what upsetting to see them be shot down, if I was in a Golf and a 1000+ mustang rocked up to me i’d accept theres not a lot I could do and give it a shot, but Grip on the game, and TC it just seems unbalanced.

Playground Games

The Museum itself works to help the community along side Playground Games, As they come into us to get ‘Car Sounds’ Which is pretty cool!,
I don’t have a bad thing to say about these guys, lovely people :)! I believe they borrowed the Porsche Cayenne and Mercedes SLS for the day.

Back to the gameplay

I love forza theres no doubt about it, Weather I’m drifting/Dragging/ Point to Point/ Cruizing or just plain ripping it through Colorado’s beautiful fields/Dirt tracks/ Quarter Miles or Highways
The community itself has made this game unique, with the Classic Cops and Robbers (Which I pride myself in building IMS Police Interceptor Units) IMS - International Mod Shop then my other design side is street races being Oh S@%! or OhSh , So if you guys want some designs or decals hit me up on the Storefront! Most of my stuff is out of Stock but I like to make 5 at a time then release them all in one go. Such as the Gt500 Police interceptor/Dodge Charger/Mp12 4c/ Subaru 22b and many more! Racers/Drifters - Mx-5 DriftTec Nicknamed the Tarmac Terror! Bmw E30 3D Design, Rally Cars/ Lancer/Evo… To wrap this section up I do tuning too for high end and Drifters/Drags all sorts and cheap too!

I want to know your Thoughts on and off the console…

Thanks,

SilentSecurity

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fh&id=4495491&full=true
Both Perspectives!
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fh&id=4495476&full=true

My style is more tuner. I love the look of tuners, the sound of them, the sweet paint that I’ve seen on them, I just love them inside and out. Don’t get me wrong though, there’s plenty of muscle cars that I wouldn’t mind having and you can make a muscle car look pretty mean. In general, the tuners in Forza Horizon seem to be quick and light, while the muscle cars seem to be a little heavier, but pack more horsepower.

Yeah I agree I love the custom side of tuners, the blank canvas they create and the fact there light and nimble,
and that’s great I like that, but Muscle cars on a strip should have more bang for your buck, the fact that they lack Classic American Muscle,
Is my issue I don’t mind racing tuners at all its fun, but there’s a clear line in horizon about who wins, It wasn’t too long ago I seem to remember
a story I found in a Muscle magazine about how this guy rebuild his Mustang, skimmed it did the heads the bottom end crank etc then Bi- turbo’d
it and it was pushing 1,200 Bhp ! and the mustang on the game isn’t far off, I just think they need to judge them alittle better, s’all

Yeah I agree I love the custom side of tuners, the blank canvas they create and the fact there light and nimble,
and that’s great I like that, but Muscle cars on a strip should have more bang for your buck, the fact that they lack Classic American Muscle,
Is my issue I don’t mind racing tuners at all its fun, but there’s a clear line in horizon about who wins, It wasn’t too long ago I seem to remember
a story I found in a Muscle magazine about how this guy rebuild his Mustang, skimmed it did the heads the bottom end crank etc then Bi- turbo’d
it and it was pushing 1,200 Bhp ! and the mustang on the game isn’t far off, I just think they need to judge them alittle better, s’all

I just get annoyed when you rock up in a Rwd car to a drag race and someone’s always there with a Awd supercar … like yeah what a race this is going to be…
Always may I add on YouTube there’s a Bi-Turbo Dodge Challenger SRT8 that rips apart a supra on the quarter mile! Proof Right there

I like both :), although i use muscle for A class, acceleration is awesome and sound great, can easily beat The scoobys and evos xD, bodykit on tuners look awesome though lol

1 Like

hey
well I have had both tuners and muscle but I think this will change your mind on keeping muscle:

this was on a long strait road and I was in 2nd and was about 30 car lenth behind (this SRT charger was stock) and the Honda 2000 was upgraded and from behind I passed him at the last second
and I did this twice when I was facing the first star but did not take a picture of it happening.

now tuners have there use also I mean my lancer is good on Rally and Carlson street races:

(yes I know that is a STI WRX)

so yeah there are good but I would stick with muscle, I mean a Corvette ZR1 can beat a GT-R in a street race

1 Like

Oh I agree with you, but this is what I’m trying to get across to people that
Muscle Cars aren’t Balanced right, V8 displace so much torque at High Revs,
There’s no way most cars can keep up, For example.

I went with work to a car meet,
We took our Custom Built Challenger SRT8 Supercharged coming in at 550 Bhp,
on the way down we got caught at a set of lights, needless to say a old school Nissan R34
pulled up revin’ His Skyline Boasting his 600 Bhp Beasts, we did up the window and was ready of defeat…
As the lights went green even though he has 4 wheel drive the Turbo lag was bad, the Engine itself was producing enough
BHP to jump of the line, having a Supercharger meant power straight up he still got off the line just before us, anyway coming
up to a Dual Carriage way we were side by side as we could here his Dump Value by this point our Challenger was in its last Gear…
being Auto… we was behind for a good 40 seconds before we started to catch him… as I’m screaming ‘This is some fast and furious shit man!’
as we approached the next set of lights we passed him, and about half a mile down the road there was a side road, we put our hazards on and pulled
over, and he followed, he shows us what he had under the bonnet and we do the same then, He went into his glove compartment and pulls out a white piece
of paper and hands it too me, it was the results of his last Dyno Run, 600ish BHP and we’re running 550Bhp Supercharged, the only thing I could think of was at
Top end V8s work best giving incredible Torque and Displacement on the road. The skyline is good from start to about mid way then it lacks the top speed.
Where the Challenger had no real power to boast about, but at top end it keep and held its Torque well.

Summary

Don’t let Mazda Gen 1 Mx5 do 175 mph ! its impossible … the aero dynamics everything would be wrong and it makes muscle cars in horizon useless…
they need to replicate the cars better performance wise… too little amount of Old School Muscle cars… Don’t make the game ridiculous…

Muscle cars need more love!

Don’t get me wrong I understand what can be done to a Tuner and I’ve seen a R34 beat a Gallardo … but there’s Limits

IMS Camaro SS

wait did you just publicly say you street raced a GT-R on here? when it’s illegal to street race? (just saying)

In general for A class and below, I use tuners for circuit races, AWD (EVO or Imprezza usually, sometimes Audi Quattro for the lower classes) for off road/mixed surface, and for those asphalt street races with alot of straight aways I use muscle cars. Although the Skyline has to be the best car or at least a top contender for the best A and S class car. Just engine swap it, put on sport tires, race anti-roll bars, sport springs, upgrade the drivetrain, and it puts out about 550HP for A class, then for S class upgrade the engine and flywheel, maybe lower it a bit more (if you prefer), and leave the tires, and it will push over 600HP. Try it out and you’ll feel like you’re cheating for using a 550HP Skyline in A class. it’s 3,300 pounds, but that little extra weight doesn’t even feel like it’s there with all the horsepower it has.

Yes I did, I’m really not fussed there’s nothing that can be done… anyway Muscle :smiley:

ok… but I have to agree the audi cuatro sport is good on rally races, like I have mine upgraded to S class.

now tuners do have there ups because they can catch turn faster than American muscle, now like Toyota they dont make race cars anymore (there is one in progress) but have not had one since 2005 (not including the Camry Nascar) but really the main question is what is better a car with a single or dual twin turbo, or a supercharged ZT1 engine

for my part i got a subaru impreza 22B and tuned it to be in S 700 class and its amazing its fast , the handling is great and you smoke almost everybody on the start , i also got me the camaro ss 1960 and its pretty cool but its hard to keep it on the road it feels so heavy some think like me ?

cool thing is you can have the 22B go up all the way to R1 (my friend has one.)

Coming from New Zealand, everything is an import to me and one once you get over 500hp on a public road you’re just a fatality statistic waiting to happen. Around a track, where looks don’t count for anything then the best car you can run is going to be the one that offer the most car for the money, in most cases it Japanese.

I prefer the look of American cars, the Japanese still haven’t made a car that looks really good.

At the end of the day though I’d rather drive something from Italy or Gemany.

Coming from New Zealand, everything is an import to me and one once you get over 500hp on a public road you’re just a fatality statistic waiting to happen. Around a track, where looks don’t count for anything then the best car you can run is going to be the one that offer the most car for the money, in most cases it Japanese.

I prefer the look of American cars, the Japanese still haven’t made a car that looks really good.

At the end of the day though I’d rather drive something from Italy or Gemany.

Well normally I would say that I’m for import cars. But I also like the look of muscle cars and the beautifull engine sound. Though to say what would be better is quite difficult. Both types have there pro’s and con’s. I like American and Japanese cars. So I don’t really know which I prefer

well then there is the fact when you put a Camaro SS 1960 VS Ferrari Dino 264 then you have a challenge