Mods for PC

Will the clever people that are out there be able to make mods for forza 7 on pc?
With modding being so popular and other racing titles successfully being modded will they do it with forza? Or is there something in the forza game engine which doesn’t make it possible?

If its mods that allow you to cheat they won’t be allowed and it will get you banned…if going by fh3 it will be permanent too

4 Likes

Which is why T10 has a built in ability to block all PC players from various online aspects of the game. In context I would assume if shenanigans arise, PC players may be blocked from competing in various tournaments or rivals events, but I’d venture it could stretch beyond that.

If I had to guess I’d say no, not only because the game is distributed by Microsoft and not Steam who has Steam workshop but because the game is going to be cross play within the Xbox Live system. The two biggest games with mod support on Xbox One, Skyrim and Fallout 4 were designed to incorporate them and are single player games. Forza is also not as open a system as Assetto Corsa which I found out recently has mods and user created tracks on PC.

-k

2 Likes

I’d say no, like FH3 and I assume FMA, you’ll be slapped with a permanent ban for modding.

The cynical side of me says the biggest reason they don’t allow it is because it would cut into sales of Car Packs and whatever track DLC they may or may not do.

1 Like

There’s also the quality aspect. User created content is all over the map in terms of quality and not always stable as the game updates.

-k

2 Likes

Should never had ported this game to PC,it should of stayed a console only game.
But Microsoft really need the money don’t they.

4 Likes

Technically this game is being built simultaneously for PC and Play Anywhere. Apex was a port demo of Forza 6. I think it’s a good idea to bring the game to another platform and increase player base and interest. It’s like you’re saying “Why does Project Cars have to be on PlayStation as well as Xbox? They must need the money.” More sales equals more games, more players, more DLC potential, and the perpetuation of the series.

-k

1 Like

Right cause nothing should ever evolve.
The differences between console and PC are smaller than ever. The xbox is running a version of Win10, in a way it is a closed W10 PC optimized for gaming only.
So the crossover to PC was the next logical step. It opens up a larger costumer base, and with that more money yes.
That extra money can be used for better development of the next game, so it’s a win for them and for the community (and it technically still is a Microsoft exclusive game).
I don’t see how this game would be of better quality if it was an xbox only still.

4 Likes

Mods and “trainers” will not be officially supported or allowed. Using, developing or distributing them may be seen as a bannable offence.

1 Like

This is what i thought… Microsoft / Turn10 are DEFINITELY not the type of companies that want people messing with their games and assets. I’m not saying it would be impossible (there are some incredibly smart people out there…), but I’m sure the game will be locked up tight to discourage this as much as possible.

Also, for how Turn10 LOVES it’s DLC car packs as a money maker… People modifying / adding their own would definitely be cutting into their profit margins… a big “no no” to them and Microsoft… By someone adding a car they’re wanting to add as DLC, could cost them easily thousands of dollars. For many, 1 cool car = the deciding factor of purchasing most car packs. If that car winds up being free… there goes a sale, and for every 1 person’s viewpoint, there are thousands that also have that same viewpoint around the world…

IMHO, modding forza would only make the game worse. I’m not the happiest with how forza 7 is turning out, but I do have to say their games are pretty rock solid in functionality. Any mods you’d want to add would just bring down the overall quality.

2 Likes

Also since MS lost the console battle to Sony it was really the only way they could recover, and get back at Sony regarding the player base. Also i think FH3 was the title that sold the best from all Forza titles so why the shouldn`t they come to PC where they have the strongest monopoly on earth in terms of client base and software ? I think all MS exclusive titles will come to PC as-well from now on, in terms of sale this is the way forward. Also if they block certain events on PC this will hurt their player base, it would be the worst move MS can take and limit content based on platform, especially when they have unified the platforms now…many players would not stand for this. I as a PC customer will not buy a console only for 2 games that I enjoy on xbox ONE, especially when i have a way more capable PC than what the console offers but i would get the titles I enjoy and supported on the 360 so many years back.

1 Like

To me, wheels are the biggest plus with PC. Many wheels will only work on the Xbox One or PS4 but they will all work on the PC. I have a G29 that I use on the PS4 to play GT and at the same can use that wheel to play Forza on the PC, otherwise would need two wheels. Also the wheel adjustment is greater on the PC.

Isn’t having mods in a mulitplayer game pretty much cheating?

4 Likes

We have a winner.

Problem is those who have been cocooned (spelling lol?) in the console gaming world do not know what is possible and beneficial to all via mods so no it is not necessarily cheating.

Depends on what the nature of the mod is, whether its available to all and various other things.

2 Likes

Pretty sure modding was only possible in the leaked FH3 dev build. I remember seeing a SilEighty mod, pretty neat. The chance for mod support is pretty much zero.

In a world where far too many already ram their opponents off the track, cut corners and wall-ride, I have zero trust in those sorts confining themselves to non-competitive modifications to the game. In a win-at-all-costs world, those who can cheat to better their position will do so and more of those that continue to be beaten will find a way to rationalize engaging in the same arms race.

4 Likes

Indeed.

Even if it was something as basic/innocent as a FOV mod, it would allow a loophole for garbage.

Just think how quickly the game would descend to further madness if physics got altered. Stock tyres with the grip of slicks without the PI cost. Game would be nuked (it has enough issues as it is).

2 Likes

Assetto is very mod friendly and easy to add cars and tracks too. Good thing too because the content is really miniscule.