Modern Muscle Trial - 6.23.22 - What did you use?

Hey All!

What worked to beat the Trial this week?
Me - the Vauxel (sp) Monaro did a great job!
Rally Suspension - needed that extra spring travel for this one. Normally would keep it stock.
Off road tires - speed and good enough grip.
649 horsepower - or so .
Very fast off the line - geared to 48 MPH in 1st.
Tires at 24 PSI
8 gear transmission seemed to give the best overall average performance across the board.
Finished 1st - too easily (TBH) in 2 races. AI - were not even a factor. Almost a little too nerfed.

What did you use?

I used this…
Sedan

From the back of the grid I could overtake all the cars almost straight away. In two rounds I was at the back, and then I just flew past everyone. It was one of those starts where you have to go on the grass, and by the barrier, because nobody is pulling away quick enough.

I ran @Saeenu s Vauxhall Monaro and actually managed to lap an ai lol but then again it was 11th bullying 12th. Either way their build is such a riot and slayed the competition.
(Share Code: 184 112 478)
Tbh its probably my favorite a class off-road car too now. :smiley:

I used Saeenu’s tune as a foundation for my own tune.
He used stock suspension on his, and I found that the rally set up gave me a bit more travel on the jumps.
The stock set the alignment to -1.00 front and -5.0 rear, that didn’t really work for me.
I reset my alignment to: front -1.5 / rear 0.00.
For me, it felt like better turn and less rear drift.

Regarding the start:- I stayed on the inside line pretty much the whole time, and ran through the grass on the left side, and then pitched out to the right to turn in left.
Agreed, the start was simple passing to the front when running in the grass when the AI fear to tread.

Want to try the CTS on my next run. Use that car in S1 tracks quite a bit.
But thought it would be under powered for this trial.
Gonna give it a shot. . .

Others . . ?

I used the Mustang GT from a few seasons back from the street race champ series and Ven0m106’s tune. It’s a beast of a car.

Caddy ATS-V. Had a spare one and love the kit. (& Caddy’s in general)

Got to race against a dev who was in a Demon. Really grippy car with just enough grunt. Used a tune by AllStops - 343 799 550.

1 Like

Used a caddy here too.

1 Like

Wb. AWD Chally HC w/ rally tires

I used this because it had an A800 tune…with the wrong tyre compound. Still easy to win this one.

1 Like

I ran the 2nd race - Sprint - 5 times in my “Vauxhall Monaro” - to get a best time.

I’m NOT a dirt racer, and never do them other than trials or online with other players - and don’t consider myself to be very good at them.

I managed to get a 2:10.8 run - I was pretty happy with that. My average race was about a 2.11.
I hit the flags pretty well with the controlled slides in the turns and maintained some decent speed.

I’m sure other players here destroyed that, but I’m curious to know by how much?
Honor system - please . . .

Oh yeah, that was also using - Moonstarz event lab that is set up for the trial and is on - Unbeatable mode.

Still need to try that Caddy . . .

Also - please continue to post about the car that you found worked the best for you . . .

The stock Challenger SRT Demon…because I totally missed that they were dirt races. Oof. Fortunately I managed to keep it pointed mostly in the right direction and the team won easily.

I used the Vauxhall Monaro simply because it was the lowest PI untuned car I had in the category. And I downloaded a 3-star rated tune that I didn’t pay a great deal of attention to. Ended up having to do all 3 races due to much of my team failing too hard in the 2nd race, but we won out in the end.

Did some “quick & dirty” tunes for some of the cars and ran them on Desierto with unbeatable AI. Thus, times are not entirely accurate due to AI shenanigans.
The two that stood out were the Magnum and ATS-V widebody.

2:07.7 in the Magnum and 2:08.0 in the ATS.

The Magnum with the fully centrifugal charged Viper V10 is simply a powerhouse. Low speed corners are not its friend though because the understeer is heavy. Once it picks up speed and the front aero does its job it’s okay. The meta engine carries it.

The ATS widebody is the contrary. A little bit low on power but due to the bodykit stance incredibly stable and a lot of fun. Certainly the car I would recommend. I even consider keeping it and using it in online Dirt lobbies. Just so smooth.

2 Likes

I used one of the mustangs and started 7th on the grid both races and was 1st by the 1st corner and ran away into the lead, I did then decide to hold the AI up on the first race but didn’t bother on the 2nd.

1 Like

HSV GEN-F GTS beefed up to A800 with a beefed up stock engine, offroad tyres and basic weight reduction.

Was an absolute cakewalk. Came 1st in both races by a wide margain and everyone besides one guy finihed ahead.

1 Like

We need more guys like you.

A true team player! :trophy:

Mustang GT with my own offroad/rally tune. i dominated the field in both races and easily won the series in two and out. the tune has been shared.

lol me too. that was one slippery race.

Mustan GT ’ 18 with a custom tune, pretty basic. As always, regular common cars are always better than rare ones. As always, disgusting circuit. Im so tired of dirt/cross country, specially mixing wrong cars. But well, since this game should be called “dirt/cross country simulator”, we need to live with it. Finished first in the two first races, no needed for the last one. As always disgusting experience due to idiotic rammers and disgusting circuit, fortunately i was able to take the lead in both tracks after a little while and that was it.

I came up with a tune for the 2009 Corvette ZR1 (RWD) Share Code: 177-271-784