Mid-Ohio: sports car course layout

this layout is not in game to race but the surface is there, any chance of adding it in ?

So you’re looking for them to add the chicane before Keyhole (Turn 2)?

3 Likes

the chicane is there but there is no layout to choose to use it.

I drove a version of homestead in builders cup wich isn’t available in free play or private multiplayer.
Several versions of Indianapolis missing too. And Virginia. And several others.

2 Likes

interesting il have to sus them out see if i can find any others

Here is a list of track layouts that have been found missing:

2 Likes

wow why though, like everything is there they just have to do track limits.

1 Like

Some of these layouts are available in Builders Cup, but not in other modes. That’s what makes it more frustrating.

1 Like

I came here to discuss the same thing. If i remember correctly, the version with the chicane was used in real life by the old Grand-Am series. I don’t think it’s an official layout but i thought maybe the game could even do a tiny oval at just the Keyhole, and a chicane version of the tiny loop. At least it would be a couple more routes simply using what’s already in the game anyway.

The other Mid-Ohio thing I was going to bring up is a nitpicking observation. On approach to turn 4 there’s a path for spectators that goes through a tunnel under the track. In the game they accurately depict the path on both sides but it simply ends at the track instead of going through a tunnel under it. I know it won’t get changed for 2023 and probably wouldn’t ever be rendered because it would be geometry for something nobody would bother looking at anyway. Still, I figured I’d bring it up just in case.

1 Like

I am a regular at Mid-Ohio (read: employee :laughing: ) and avid Forza player since FM3. I would love to see the “Club Course” with the chicane added.

1 Like

mid ohio is my new fav circuit on forza so good

It would have been nice if they added the old layout of mid Ohio with oak tree bend before thunder valley exsisted.

2 Likes

This layout is listed as “Main Circuit (with chicane)” here:

1 Like

I’ve also heard it called the club layout. I was kind of surprised the game didn’t have this layout to start. The shape with the chicane is where the turn gets the keyhole name.

2 Likes