Made in Mexico story

In the chapter where you have to score 50,000 points in 2 different cars (once was really enough) there are a ton of points to be had right in the area where you start. Don’t start down the path before getting a good amount. You have to make it to the end before the timer runs out. Annoying to have difficulty with something than think you are finally done only to have to do the exact same thing again with even less time. Everything else was pretty easy.

3 Likes

I found the whole lot pretty easy to 3 star. I miss some of the tough stories in Horizon 4 that took multiple attempts to 3 star.

The skill score one in the Ford truck I headed down to the beach and just smashed lots of stuff plus a few drifts.

4 Likes

Zigzagging along the GPS route did the job for the 50k in the Golf R.
Generally one of the easier stories.
Although the latest stories felt like read Wikipedia entries my biggest gripe - being the tuner snob I am - were the tunes.
That F100 in particular and the Carrera for the “finale”. Simply awful. The concept for the Carrera with Rallye tires, Rallye body mods and Rallye suspension fits but it felt like it was all installed + some power aaaand done.
The F100 on whitewalls and basically maxed out stock engine not even having a diff. I thought Rami is a car expert…

3 Likes

They really did sound like someone reading a wiki entry. Well put.

Fortunately a lot of these challenges don’t have set routes so you can fast track to the end and get Rami to stop rambling a little sooner.

Having to listen to some NPC gushing about the Mustang Mach E yet again was not anything I ever wanted. I suspect Ford is really trying to make the Mach E seem cool or whatever but it just makes me dislike it more.

What’s worst, we have nine new chapters to play through and not a single new car to unlock. This entire story feels like it would have been okay when the game first released but this far in and with nothing new to earn it feels like a bad joke.

3 Likes

I actually liked this story for the most part. Much better than the previous ones. The actual objectives were pretty easy, though.

Some of the dialogue was…hmm, what’s the word? Cringe? Oh wait, that’s just FH5.

1 Like

I definitely wish these stories were more challenging. They need to allow users to choose their own difficulty across all content. Easy, medium, hard. Simple as that… Until then they will continue to make one group of users dissatisfied by either making content too hard or too easy. Why they need someone like me to highlight this boggles my mind…

3 Likes

I totally agree with this.

It was actually quite a nice story and I enjoyed it. Some of the voice acting was a bit so so though and the car selection was limited but I guess that was the point of focusing on Mexico. The last one was probably my favourite with the Porsche.

My only gripe as with the other stories is that they could have ratcheted up the difficulty towards the end to make it more challenging. Pretty much all of the tasks were easy to 3 star.

I’ve said it before but the FH4 stories were much more challenging esp the later ones.

It’s not like you needed to complete it this week - are being given a month to complete it for the playlist.

4 Likes

Given that there’s a guaranteed story completion option there’s no reason to not give the option for increased difficulty. That’s a fair criticism in my opinion.

2 Likes

the story was ok so far

but would be nice to get something new to the storys
not just the basics like drive from A to B, collect skill points or don’t break the car and stuff

and some difficulty to the tasks because it was way to easy to get three stars

3 Likes

I think they intentionally made it not too difficult. The only one I didn’t get 3 stars on the first try was the skills grinding in the truck. And it was easy on replay. And I noticed, you never seem to break a skill chain. They time out and bank sometimes, if you’re not constantly moving and running into stuff, but they never seem to break. I ran into trees, rolled the truck at one point, and still didn’t break a chain. I think they disabled chain breaks to make the challenge easier.

So yeah, the main focus was the story, moreso than the challenge.

Challenge has never been part of Horizon Stories. It has always been about finding fastest route. Yes, in FH4 that meant you ignored gps completely most of the time. You can do that in FH5 and sometimes even more blatantly than ever (sub 20sec chapters).

Yeah well, I joined at 4 and so did many others. There’s guaranteed completion so people with skill and desire want their abilities tested.

No, there isn’t before you enable it in settings.

It’s optional yes. An elite difficulty you have to find and select the same way could work too. Then for very little work they are scratching even more itches resulting in more engagement.

"Enable 4* difficulty*

People won’t accidentally pick it and get frustrated and it doesn’t need to be a requirement.

1 Like

Sadly for me this was the worst of the lot of the chapters as my skill chain was constantly breaking for no reason at all. Thankfully it’s over now though. :smiley:

1 Like

What this “Elite Way” would be like?

You have to find fastest possible route and:

• you get 1 star if you’re 15s slower than optimal time
  • you get 2 stars if you’re 7s slower than optimal time
  • you get 3 stars if you’re 1s slower than optimal time

Time limits + damage limits + off road limits + more challenging routes

2 Likes

All they gotta do is make the numbers meaner.

Yet more lame narrative written by a hyper excitable 5 year old, a fictitious story about someone or something I just don’t care about, thank god for volume control at least I don’t have to hear the crap.

1 Like