Little known facts about the game

This is just a place to share some tidbits or advice that you feel people might not know about.

Here are my tidbits:

Torque Vectoring and E-Diffs are in the game. Cars that come stock with these features will have these features on them, however upgrading the diff will get rid of these features. There is no indication that a car does or does not have these features. You have to drive them without an upgraded diff to figure it out. Some cars (like the Lotus Evija) even have a mechanical LSD that is adjustable to go along with their torque vectoring system. An upgraded diff will connect tires together even if that is, in theory, impossible (like in a multiple engine electric or hybrid).

All wheel steering is also in the game. Cars that have an all wheel steer system in real life will have the same system in game. Upgrading the suspension will delete the all wheel steering on a car.

Cars will have the correct number of gears as their real life counterpart. Upgrading the transmission or swapping the drivetrain will change the number of gears. The street and sport transmissions will be 5 speeds unless the stock transmission has more than 5 speeds, then they will have the same number as stock. A drivetrain swap automatically includes a race transmission, which cannot be less than 6 speeds. There is no way to downgrade back to a 5 or lower speed.

Please feel free to add your own tidbits or ask questions of me or other tidbit contributors.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a drivetrain swap will also automatically come with a diff upgrade and will delete any torque vectoring or e-diff system as well.

Slicks are actually worse than semi-slicks until they get heat into them. That’s why, when building, you’ll see acceleration numbers go down compared to semi-slicks, since those numbers are calculated using a cold start. All other factors being equal, a car with semi-slicks will beat a car in slicks on launch.

Submitted by LuculentPigeon8:

You can make paint designs for cars you don’t own yet.

Go to Paint & Designs > Choose car > All cars

Keep in mind that you can only paint stock cars, you can’t choose bodykits or wheels

Submitted by Scubadubba6524:

Having trouble finding a barn find? Need help?

Here comes Link. All you need to do is Pin the area where the barn is supposed to be.
And link will automatically load a chat line basically saying: Have you seen a barn find nearby? Click on that so you can let other players know you’re having trouble looking for it.

And if anyone is nearby that player can pin the location. And Link will load up a chat line saying something like: Follow me or whatever i dont remember exactly the line… And the other player can help you find it basically.

22 Likes

I did not know that about “upgrading” the all wheel steering suspension ! Thanks. It explains the handling difference on them. I’ll have to rethink tuning on those.

2 Likes

These are great, thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. It’d be nice if they were explicitly stated in, y’know, the actual game.

3 Likes

Which cars have all wheel stearing?

I don’t have a list anywhere, but if you’re looking to see it in action, most modern Porsches have it.

Again it’s something the game doesn’t tell you. You have to check for it manually before deciding to upgrade the suspension.

The 2021 911 GT3 and the 2014 918 Spyder are two cars I know have it off the top of my head.

2 Likes

I can’t guarantee this list is 100% comprehensive, but here are some…

Audi

• 2021 RS 7 Sportback

Ferrari

• 2019 Monza SP2
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • 2017 GTC4Lusso
  • 2015 F12DTF

Hot Wheels

• 2011 Bone Shaker Monster Truck (not drivable outside of Showcase)

Lamborghini

• 2020 Huracán Evo
  • 2019 Urus
  • 2018 Aventador SVJ (T)
  • 2016 Centenario (T)
  • 2011 Sesto Elemento Forza Edition (T)

Maeserati

• 2010 Gran Turismo Forza Edition (T)

Mazda

• 1990 Savanna RX-7

Mercedes-AMG

• 2017 GT R

Nissan

• 2002 Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
  • 2000 Silvia Spec-R
  • 1998 Silvia K’s Aero
  • 1997 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
  • 1994 Silvia K’s
  • 1993 240SX
  • 1993 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
  • 1987 Skyline GTS-R (HR31)

Porsche

• 2021 911 GT3
  • 2020 Taycan Turbo S
  • 2020 Taycan Turbo S “Welcome Pack”
  • 2019 911 GT3 RS (T)
  • 2019 911 Speedster
  • 2018 Cayenne Turbo
  • 2017 Panamera Turbo
  • 2016 911 GT3 RS (T)
  • 2014 911 Turbo S
  • 2014 918 Spyder (T)

Volkswagen

• 1963 Beetle Forza Edition (T)
10 Likes

Z32 300TT had same superHICAS as the R32 too.

You can make paint designs for cars you don’t own yet.

Go to Paint & Designs > Choose car > All cars

Keep in mind that you can only paint stock cars, you can’t choose bodykits or wheels

3 Likes

Interesting. That’s one I’ll definitely have to look at. Question: What are the (T)'s?

3 Likes

Even though you’ll probably get an answer soon, based on the cars that have it beside them I’d guess it means that the stock suspension is tunable. Meaning you can have both all wheel steering and custom tuned suspension.

2 Likes

Centenario feels like it retains its allwheel steering. Been racing it a bit. I thought it had magic brakes, but it might be that which makes it so good

EDIT: Yep. Even with race suspension it works. :+1: You can see the rear wheels moving. I hadn’t noticed before! (Also tested with the Porsche 911 GT3 '16.)

Just works for autoshow cars if I’m not mistaken…

The freeway speed traps + zone still trigger at 30mph like all the others.

Thanks much!

1 Like

I’ve had a few cars turn up stock with a 3 speed transmission. Can’t remember which ones but I remember thinking, “this car never had a 3 speed”. If anyone recalls this fact?

Depends on the car I guess. Older car?

Seems like it was some late sixtys early seventys muscle cars which would have definitely been four speeds from stock. I’ll see if I can find them. It might have been in FH4.

3 speed autos were a thing back then. The '70 GSX I believe is one that Forza modeled the auto version. That could would have come with a TH400 3 speed auto. In fact, the production numbers favor the Auto over the Manual (479 vs 199).

1 Like

I just went through the list of cars that “might of” been 3 speed autos. 0 Chevy, 0 Pontiac, 1 Buick, 0 Dodge and 0 Plymouth. Since we don’t have the 455 H/O Olds, I can’t say on that though the Toronado was always an auto IRL. Not sure on the GTO Judge either, but I’m pretty sure I remember it as a 4 speed manual in FH4.

GM had the TH350 and TH400, Chrysler the 727 and 904 (to a lesser extent), Ford had the C3, the C4 and FMX (though the FMX had a bad reputation).

1 Like