Launch - Game won't launch

Following on from this problem GPU usage at 100%/FPS only 50-55 on Ultra? - Horizon Troubleshooting / FH5 Report New Issues - Official Forza Community Forums

I re-installed the game, now it won’t launch at all. None of the troubleshooting suggestions work. Game will stay on the splash screen for about a minute with the SSD light flashing madly, then just closes. No errors, nothing in event log.

Yes, always have done, Defender was installed long before the game was for the first time. It’s only failed to work since yesterday

Just re-installing the game again now. All the DLC is on the same drive/folder (D:\XboxGames). Running the same way on my own PC here. I’ve NEVER had to do anything to Defender to make FH5 work, not even the first time it was installed on my partner’s PC.

Best to add the fh5 game folder to the windows defender exclusion list as well. Whitelisting the exes for the firewall won’t stop the scanning but the exclusion list should.

I’ve started adding my Xbox games folders to the list and I have noticed a drop in windef activity

2 Likes

Yes I’ll add the XboxGames folders to the scanner exclusion list. The game is now working again after a couple of failed starts so hopefully it’ll be fine now.

1 Like

Unfortunately this problem is very unpleasnt and keeps occuring.

I’ve added the XboxGames folders from all drives to the Defender exclusion list.

I have the same issue with you, my fh5 was purchased on xbox app, since about April 1, when the rally adventure has released. early this month I re-installed my Windows, the problem was persist. I got in touch with the xbox support, the forza support, none of them gave a solution about it. Until today I downloaded fh5 on steam, using the same pc, it was launch successfully without any trouble.

Steam doesn’t have any of the sort of DRM Xbox App/Microsoft Store have, so that’s probably why.

1 Like

After having exact that same problem on PC using XBox Laucher. I accidentially found this and it worked: Xbox Support

My problem was FH5 was not lauching, somtimes not even the starting screen. No Error nothing. Every other game from the XBox Launcher worked though. Thias was present since last update 2023-09-12