Lamborghini Veneo

Does anyone think we could do a comparison by tuning existing cars in FM5 to the same weight and power output, just to test the theory? I’m not up on all of the cars in game, but there must be cars we can do a similar comparison to the Sesto, i know it wouldn’t be exact but its the closest we could get with what we have.

Ill have a look through some cars myself, but if anyone can name a car they think would work, id be happy to test it.

There are probably too many variances to get accurate results. The suspension could be different, aerodynamics are definitely different, power delivery (Trans, AWD, TCS, etc) would be different, variances in engine performance could be different. Basically it’s not as simple as comparing a Superleggera and an Aventator.

I know there will be to many variants for a 100% Sesto, but just to test the theory of the power to weight an different track variants. Just to test the theory of weight over power… If we can get at least the same weight and power output on an AWD car, until we can find some real life recorded lap times…

1 Like

Assuming there’s enough track for the Veneno to stretch its legs … from the numbers I’ve seen it has 30+ mph advantage on top end speed. As others have stated … depends on the track. Le Mans has enough long wide open straight stretches and high-speed curves that my guess is that the Veneno’s top end advantage would likely offset the Sesto’s handling advantage and the Veneno would walk away with it.

I’m not sure how accurate this is (why i didn’t post it), but the site said Sesto was 205 top speed and Veneno was 221… So i think it would depend on the track, Le Mans track with the full straight, even with all of the corners the Veneno must edge it… I still put my money on the Sesto on 80% of the tracks though…

T10 really need to add the Sesto!!

1 Like

My penny’s worth…unless its Le Mans then there is no way the Veneno could keep up with the Sesto. The extra power isn’t enough to off set the weight. Irl though I’m guessing it may be different with technology advances.

joerock it does indirectly. it shows that weight become irrelivant at top speed it stops being a power to weight ratio and goes to a purely power metric, the more powerful the more speed. the more powerful car will have the higher top speed. it’ll take the car with the most weight per hp longer to reach top speed, but it’ll have a higher top speed. most of your distance on lemans is at or near top speed. the lighter cars biggest advantage is at the standing start, but that happens only every pit stop. the rest of the time its accelerating from speed. the 0-60 time come into play only once. on lemans the deciding factor is acceleration from 150-250+ where pure power matters more than power to weight. the sesto will lead to the long straight then spend the rest of the race trying to catch back up. its a corner at speed. and you are going to have to try to pass a car that weighs 1/3 more in a corner? you have to pass on the outside, he gets preferred line. there goes you handling advantage. its a corner at speed minamising your accel advantage. and if there is contact…you’re the ball and he’s the bat. he has to pass you on the straight with our without contact. you have to pass him in a corner on the outside with no contact or you’ll be going from a full stop after a spin out while he drives away. you never get back down to 1st gear, back down to the huge 0-60 mph range where the sesto has the huge advantage. look at the leaderboards for lemans. it’s all the hp cars. lemans, road america, and spa (with the right driver) are power tracks and the sesto will have a good chance on spa. the other tracks the sesto wins. if you stretch the gearing on the sesto on lemans you’ll lose the accel and it still wont hit the top speed to make it competative.

the sesto will be easier to drive and more forgiving but not as fast. the sesto is going to have to rely on the veneno braking too late and blowing a corner, but if neither car makes a mistake and both have good tunes…hp wins lemans.

1 Like

I like that. I’ll log on and see if I can come up with something close to 1,083lb difference and 180hp/107ft lb difference.

Veneno - do the quick upgrade to S class and then take off the weight reduction.
S799 PI
740 HP
508 LB-FT
2,963 LBS

TVR Sagaris - do the quick upgrade to S class.
S752 PI
559 HP
429 LB-FT
2,074 LBS

889 lb weight difference … 181 hp difference … 79 lb-ft torque difference. Not perfect but close to your differences.

wouldn’t one be 2wd and one 4wd in addition to the aerodynamics differences much more that the differences between 2 lambos? maybe use the veneno for both remove the weight reduction from 1 and engine upgrades from the other?

I was thinking specifically lap times, not a direct race. It’s usually not as easy to compare times while you’re racing. I agree with you though, at a track with a 10 mile straightaway the car with the higher top speed will dominate. I just don’t see that happening when you put more corners into it. Like Sebring, Road America or Atlanta, etc. Also I think it’s best to compare whichever car (haven’t found one yet) with no tunes and the lighter car with the things it has, roll cage, upgraded suspension, ARB, etc etc. That’s what I’m having trouble finding. So far the closest I can get to the 1,083lb difference is about 917 (with equally comparable hp upgrades to match base numbers from Sesto and Veneno.)

There’s far too many differences between those two to get similar lap time comparisons. The Maserati is looking like the closest I can get with weight and I also have enough room to add hp and get close to the numbers. I think it would be best to use the same car.

Edit: Scratch the Maserati. Not enough weight difference. This is going to take some time…

I think you guys are right … unless we actually have the same two cars in the game to compare … it’s gonna be hard to get anything close.

1 Like

Exactly. This is a fun experiment trying to find one car that you can have close to 1,083 lb and 180hp/107(i think) torque in the same vehicle. I’ve gotten close with a couple real heavy cars but the other numbers are too far off.

maybe try a random lambo with one tune getting a heavier engine swap and engine upgrades for the hp difference and the other getting weight reductions, flywheel, rims, drive shaft and what ever you can think of to reduce weight? as long as the power and weight ratios are the same percentages it shouldn’t matter if the actual numbers are identical.

car a needs to be 24% more powerful and car b needs to be 33% lighter. use the engine upgrades that add weight, maybe heavier rims etc and maybe you can get car a to weigh 1/3 more that the light weight car. even use 2 different lambos if you need to.

Thanks for the percentages! The weight to power ratio is 6.16666:1 and I’ve burned through the $2M that I had so I have to start racing again to continue testing.

I am not a fan of the styling in particular, however I do appreciate that there’s somebody out there willing to make a crazy batmobile-esque car. It is surely a car that will either inspire love or hate.

It’s fun to drive in-game. I hit up the Veneno Rivals challenge at Bathurst and was quite impressed with the 2 laps I ran. Very stable, easy to get the power down.

Maybe different US spec? Like the F40 (1100kg vs 1350Kg).
All in all, It doesn’t matter. What matters is what we get in the game. And in FM4 the Sesto Elemento’s weight was 1180Kg.

On the Sesto, that’s a difference of 181 Kg, or roughly 400 lbs.

Put another way, that’s a difference of roughly one (1) driver and a tank o’ gasoline.

I had a look through some cars last night, i tried the Nissan S Class, don’t remember the name. Its the Blue one that was part of one of the DLC that looks sort of like a space ship. I got the weight down enough, made it AWD, the BHP was only 20 off but the torque was an extra 50 i think. I didn’t have time to tune it, but the 0-60 was slightly off and the top speed only got to 185.

I checked all the Lambo’s, but couldn’t get the weight low enough on any. Going to have another look tonight.

1 Like