Lamborghini Reventon 2008 - audio

Just now as the Reventon has returned to Motorsport in Update 10, its engine sound is completely wrong & awful. Why did it sound like an Aventador? Why did you copy-paste the sound of an L539 V12? This is like the Murcielago sound issue all over again.

Here is what it sounds in-game:

And here is what it actually sounds like in real life:

In reality, the Reventon has the same 6.5L Bizzarrini V12 and body chassis from the Murcielago, and this is Lamborghini’s limited production model based on it.

This need to be RE-RECORDED from the actual car ASAP!!!

I made a post about the Murcielago SV and they acknowledged it, hopefully they acknowledge this as soon as possible and fix that sound, idk who’s behind those car sounds tbh but they are extremely disappointing

1 Like

Sure. I bet they will eventually find out that Reventon has the same engine as the Murcielago.

Btw, I recognized there’s someone who’s behind FM’s audio - Chase Combs. You know, the one who said “This is the best sounding Forza Motorsport ever”. I really think he was butchering most of the cars’ sounds in-game, which is outrageously terrible.

He should really learn this lesson the hard way not to screw up every cars’ sounds and make them sound like in real life.

2 Likes

True, plus the sound of Forza Motorsport 4 sounds better than any other Forza Motorsport…

The sound needs to be fixed and I also found the idea of “build from ground up” terrible since they first said it… what I wanted more is for them to make the game like they did in Forza Motorsport 4 which is recording the sounds of the cars, because recording the sounds is the best thing of all to make a game have car sounds like real life…

2 Likes

Oh man, FM4. The time when Turn 10 was golden back these days. Now, not anymore.

It’s because the team who worked on FM4 are different people in the same Turn 10 studio. They were qualified, enthusiastic, and skilled. Now, they were mostly replaced by people with lack of experience, unqualified, and people who lacks knowledge about car culture, which is real depressing. I call this a Devolution.

3 Likes

Well… if Turn10 hadn’t fired them, today’s game would already have those awesome graphics…

1 Like

Yeah, and it’ll have the best engine sounds like FM4 and it won’t be hated as it used to be now. I think that’s more of a Microsoft problem than just Turn 10. But still, the devs won’t be excused for showing the lack of effort continuously.

1 Like

Not only does it sound wrong, but the car itself is so full of understeer! Just tested it out recently.

2 Likes

Yes, the understeer is unusual. It’s really heavy IRL too but not sure if it has an understeer problem like it does in the game.

Absolutely despicable though what they’ve done with the sound - the fake-sounding Aventador sound. This and the Murceilago sound nothing like an Aventador IRL!

1 Like

EXACTLY! too bad Turn 10 completely forgot what a Bizzarrini V12 sounded like, from the Murcielago and Reventon!!!

Maybe because they think both of them have the 6.5 V12 and thought of it as an Aventador engine. But that was the Bizzarrini, and Aventador is the first Lamborghini with the L539 and they were like:

T10 sound engineer: A 6.5 V12? Oh yeah, it has the same engine with the Aventador!
T10 boss: I agree. They have an L539. Copy the Aventador’s soundfile and paste 'em.
T10 sound engineer: Ok, good idea.

UUHHH Seriously T10? WHYYY??? :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

In fact, I want to add more info by showing some Bizzarrini V12 sound examples.

Reventon’s sound in NFS HP

Murcielago’s sound in GT7. Like I mentioned earlier that the 6.5 Bizzarrini V12 is equipped on both supercars.

I do remember seeing that Polyphony made both Murci and Reventon sound like a V10 in GT6 (which is probably copy-pasted from Gallardo), but now they finally got the actual Bizzarrini V12 sound when they brought Murcielago back to GT7 at launch. I’m sure GT7 will make the Reventon sound better than before when it gets added back in there.

2 Likes