Instant access to all game features - why is this such a bad thing?

Mike,

As others suggested, progress the intro game through to the main game for your son. This usually takes a couple hours, but since you bought the ultimate edition as soon as you unlock the autoshow, go there and in the bottom left there should be a button that says DLC cars. Click that and hit the button that will purchase all available DLC cars. This will instantly award you with over 175,000 Influence in the Car Collector category and jump you ahead a season and nearly to the next showcase. If you want to speed the process up of getting through the intro I can walk you through some other tips and tricks, just hit me up on Xbox Live or send me a PM here.

My 5 year old son really enjoys the Quartz Regalia Type D and chasing sheep, crashing trees, and trying to hit the AI Drivatars. I’m guessing when LEGO drops tomorrow he would have a blast there too as well, but you will probably want to help unlock the LEGO cars and the Master Builder house and let him free roam and go wild there.

3 Likes

Hey OP,

FYI your son might have an easier time enjoying FH3. There is a convoy mode so all he has to do is honk at another car and it’ll follow him around and participate in events with him, you can make a whole convoy of cars of your choosing. Honestly I don’t understand why its not in FH4, anyways take care.

1 Like

I miss when racing games used to have everything already unlocked. Now it’s all about making you unlock everything with money, or in the case of some franchises spending real money or grinding for hours upon hours.

That being said, FH4 is a really relaxed game, there’s not even the ability to buy credits.

Don’t forget to redeem your weekly rewards in the Forza Hub, so you can at least buy cars.

2 Likes

If you turn on assisted steering and braking, the cars almost drive themselves. Couple that with the easiest setting for the Drivatars and a toddler chewing on the right trigger could make progress. For better or worse, this game might be the most accessible in the series.

1 Like

it’s definitely the most accessible and it’s probably the easiest to earn credits and even easier to get wheelspins

While i understand why you want instant access i don’t think it’s a good idea. The prologue introduces you to race, sprint, dirt, showcase and other stuff before allowing you online. There are multiple reasons why it’s so long, most of it is to allow the player to get use to how the cars handle, how the weather affects the cars and to give you a taste of what’s to come. Instant access to online has always been chaos in my eyes, players who don’t understand basic controls and how the game works make the game frustrating for those that do.

1 Like

Maybe open a ticket with support, explain the situation and circumstances, and maybe there’s a developer cheat code that can skip the prologue that they’d be willing to give you if you promise to guard it jealously. Worst that can happen is they say ‘no’, right?

It does seem that in the age of diversity and inclusion there would be some workaround for this and I hope that you find something that works for your son. It would make sense for the developers to incorporate some type of mode that allowed more open access, but it’s a little difficult in the way that they have unfortunately focused this one around online play. I do enjoy the progression in most games (though not so much in Forza) but also miss the old school NFS games and such where you could just jump in and drive. I hope that you and your son find a way to enjoy this one though since you’ve spent the money. Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies folks. Just to reply to a few comments :

“I doubt your son needs cars which are locked behind winning conditions” - nope, of course he doesn’t NEED them, but they’re fun to have and gives him more to enjoy :slight_smile:

“FYI your son might have an easier time enjoying FH3. There is a convoy mode so all he has to do is honk at another car and it’ll follow him around” - nice, I didn’t know that and it’s definitely something to check out!

“I would never buy a game that is complete as soon as you get it, that’s a useless game.” - Depends on what you want. If you want to progress, earn points etc then I agree completely. If you like cars and just want to drive aimlessly around listening to music and enjoying the scenery with the occasional (or frequent) crash then an open unlocked game is perfect.

“The problem isn’t them not being able to play, it’s being asked to have everything given to them instantly. Games don’t work like that for very obvious reasons.” - the reason is usually because the game designers and/or developers aren’t thinking about people who enjoy the free roam style of game but for whatever reason don’t have the ability to get past experience gates. I’m not getting at the developers here, as I’m sure they have their priorities and unless they’re aware of the problem some users face then they’re unlikely to consider it. Too busy eating pizza probably lol

“Instant access to online has always been chaos in my eyes, players who don’t understand basic controls and how the game works make the game frustrating for those that do.” - why would someone playing in an offline sandbox make the game frustrating for people playing online?

Anyways, I spent a couple of hours last night running through the prologue and the first stages of the game so all the cars in the Ultimate version and a couple of houses are now unlocked so he can drive around, enjoy the views and destroy things!! I just wish I could control the cars as well just using only the cursor keys :slight_smile:

Mike

btw - before I get banned already I wasn’t serious about the developers being too busy eating pizzas :slight_smile: mmmmm pizza …

2 Likes

As a game designer myself I would be thinking of game elements which means a progression. This sandbox mode I wouldn’t class as a game I would class it as a simulator.

Now that’s a great idea - add a “simulator mode” to the game and at that point you hit the gamer market and the the simulator market. The “Washington State” DLC for American Truck Simulator hit the top of the Steam sales charts pretty much instantly so there’s a huge market there.

This Lego expansion would be perfect for your son. I’m not sure about the Senna but basically everything else is unlocked from the beginning. The F40 is locked behind progression but can be obtained without needing to race.

It’s been a while since I’ve played the FH3 expansions and I don’t remember how much is locked behind progression but Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels would be good choices for messing around in freeroam. I spent a while just driving around in Hot Wheels all the loops and stuff was pretty fun.

would rather not have to do the tutorials again. every bloody forza game its like they think i have amnesia. Honestly its what kept me out of the original horizon despite owning all the other forza games till it was free and number 2. despised what they did at the start of 7… also the whole gimping earnings

Yeah, I don’t know if I’d want to skip the whole story progression necessarily, but I don’t need my hand held. And I know they can read my previous game’s save file, since they gave me the T-shirts (though the Horizon 1 shirt is still locked for some reason). It would be nice if they could do a variation for returning players to keep some sense of continuity, or at least port over my character, difficulty, and controller settings.

I think the future is for games to remember who you are, and advance you through every game that comes out with the same title. 1 2 3 4 5 6 So if you are a painter now then you are a painter in Forza 5, and a tuner is a tuner in Forza 5… etc.

Mike,

You should check out this site, they might help you find the right adaptive technology for your son that’ll make gaming easier for your him There is all kinds of adaptive technology available for gamers. I am a quadriplegic with no use of my arms or hands and I was able to find an adaptive controller that lets me play Forza (and most other games) fairly well. I don’t know what type of adaptive technology your son would need, but I hope the site will help you find it.