If you love racing please support this thread

Another positive thing from Leagues that I’d like to see in Hoppers would be starting grids ordered by the previous race’s Fastest Lap. You won’t stop the carnage at the back but at the very least those that focus on clean driving get rewarded with a better grid position in the next race.

The challenge with adding Divisions to Hoppers comes when 2 Friends of different skill levels want to race in a Hopper together. How will the system work that out, does it place them both in the faster room, slower room or not at all? I like the idea in theory but from a practical standpoint something else may be required, such as players joining rooms based on average TrueSkill ratings.

While both of these ideas may work as a quick solution I still believe that education is the way forward, rather than anything hard-coded. The challenge with educating players however lies on how to get their attention. The players that “need help” in terms of racecraft may not be the type who’ll actively search it out, so putting it somewhere obvious may be the best option:

3 Likes