I want the three weekly playlist racing champoinships back

I would much rather do 10 thread the needle than 1 “build an s2 (whatever you’ll never use again)” for 1 measly point.

3 Likes

I have appreciated the fact that they have reduced the number of races in the weekly playlist in recent seasons. I have always felt that 3 championships plus the Trial made for too many race events in the weekly playlist, when there are so many other events built into this game that can be featured.

1 Like

Yeah totally pointless, I just raced to the end to get it done.

In a racing game? Ok so play chess.

2 Likes

I like some of the quirky challenges, but also agree, i’d like to see more proper races to get points.

Mind you, then you’d get people complaining that it’s too difficult to accumalate points and unlock the cars…can’t win I guess.

They are not really challenging, though…the trail seems to be the only real challenge but then thats a first time win usualy anyway.

1 Like

What a narrow minded post. The Horizon series has always been more than JUST a racing game. There are plenty of racing opportunities built into this game. I think the weekly playlist should highlight the other types of events within Horizon 5.

(EDITED): If you want a racing only game, go play one of the racing only games, such as FMS.

1 Like

Cool block! 4 races a week is too much for you!

I could get behind this mentality if we had some way of creating championships ourselves to fill the gap. As it exists right now though, the playlist is the only way to experience championship style events.

And please don’t use the “go play motorsport” argument. It’s a terrible argument for 2 reasons.

1. It’s not an open world racer. Open world racing is a far more interesting and dynamic challenge than track racing, with far more interesting downtime as well. I’m far more interested in a game where I get downtime in cockpit, and you can’t do street racing in a motorsport game.

2. I literally cannot. It is impossible for me and many others to go play motorsport. There is no motorsport game available for purchase. The last one reached end of life a while ago.

1 Like

And sadly, with people thinking like you, videogames are never going to be better.

I’d rather they put championships in the main game. To be played or not played by people who do or don’t want them.

Keep them out of the time-wasting required seasonals. I prefer to finish seasonals as quickly as possible.

2 Likes

As PGG listens to their players, I expect one of next series to be themed as “Ultimate champion” and having 5 championships each week, and 5 races in each championship.

But honestly, as someone who joined midway though FH4, I would really like to see those custom championships added. And also I would really like more configuration options for the whole game. As configuration is only thing that can allow everyone to be satisfied, as there is no “one size fits all”.

2 Likes

I have not played H5 for over a month now because of this. I recently checked the playlist a couple of days ago, and as soon as I saw the sheer lack of single-player race based events, as noped right out of there.

Why are are they reducing their game to this? So many features could be put Back (key word being ‘back’) into the game to make it more than just a monthly list of chores the the majority of the player base begrudgingly completes… What a waste.

1 Like

Although Open Racing makes up for the lack of races. I prefer it actually to seasonal racing. They need to get rid of that boring black screen though, else I’ll fall asleep.

1 Like

They just need more events, most of the playlist can be completed in a few hours then you are basically waiting the rest of the week for the daily’s to unlock.

1 Like

Honestly i dont know if this was irony or you were serious about it. Because they dont listen , ever.
I joined the franchise in late stages of FH3 and they never EVER did things thinking on player feedback lol. FH4 was a total mess in this matter. And FH5 is waaay worst.

I still dont understand, after so many years why Microsoft dont allow PPGs to increase the playlist amount of events to give players a CHOICE of what they want to do, because you know, humans are different from each other, maybe one likes pr stunts, and the other one likes championships… we sill have a playlist that gives you very little choices or none, because you have to complete basically 90% of the playlist to access the second reward, and most of us DONT LIKE many of the events we are forced to compete in. Do PPg care? i dont think so lol.

But oh well, PPgs dont do things for the benefit of the players. After more than five years people should know this.

1 Like

This game needs to be more replayable. I remember that Forza Motorsport would start its racing season all over again when you completed it. It had so many different types of races with all kinds of requirements like 2.0 liter only or 6-cylinders or brand specific races. There’s almost none of that in Horizon

2 Likes

I don’t know about FM5 but 6 + 7 were both pretty pathetic in that respect as well to be honest, most of that variety left the building the moment FM went to the XB1 generation.

The last FM I played was FM4 which is still the best racing game I’ve ever played

3 Likes

Same here and I would suggest you keep FM4 as your most recently played entry until at least the new one arrives, coming from FM4 to FM6 and then realising it’s career mode was just 6 runs through of the exact same series of races is the biggest disappointment FM as a franchise has ever given me.

1 Like

I bought FM7 some time back but haven’t really played it yet.