Horizon 5 - Oh yeah!

Just seen the new trailer:

I’m stoked and can’t wait until November 9.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m really Hyped, I love Forza sooo much!!

I’m just worried about the servers, cause the last 3 months I can’t barely play online with my friends

Events just won’t load in Online Adventure, anyone knows a fix for that?

Excited too, though only sort of. The console situation being what it is I am not sure I will have a Series X by the time this releases :frowning:

Maybe I can get by for a little bit playing it on the S but who knows, not willing to pay $750 for a console that will be worth less than 300 in a couple years from now.

Ironic that the trailer music has deleted language like FH4.

1 Like

If bleeping a few F-bombs is the greatest extent of the censorship then I’m ok with that, it’s just when they start to interfere with basic lyrics that censorship makes the production team look bad.

It’s still bad when they can pick songs without bad language in them. The song was the worst so far anyway. ‘Wicked Game’ and ‘I can see for Miles’ were way more emotional. I even had an idea for a song they could use ‘I feel Love’. A remix of that… I am tempted to add it to the trailer myself.

Looks great! Can’t wait esp for the Series X enhancements.

I wonder how they will handle seasons? Can’t imagine blanket snow in Mexico.

The seasons will probably all look similar.

I suspect there are no seasons in this version.

Each season will have a different impact on each of the 11 biomes. In the mountains, winter will have snow/blizzards, but for all the areas in the lowlands, it’s the dry season. They gave a specific example that during winter there will be areas in the deep jungle that can only be accessed due to the water receding.

Source: News - Forza

FH5 looks v. good and already pre ordered the top edition ready for early release here in the UK!
Had enough of FH4 after how long?

I want the PC version this time. Wonder if they have changed the Vinyl Editor?

So, in the gameplay demo, lots of talk about graphics, and rubbish modes like eliminator. No talk about any fixes for any of the problems in FH4.

Will it have a team ranking system that actually works?

Will it have any better way to prevent ramming in ranked racing?

Will it have more tune slots?

Will we be able to choose to race road only in ranked?

Will we be able to apply a tune after finding out what we’ll be racing in ranked, so we don’t need multiple copies of loads of cars?

And so on. Not one bit of information on how any of this will be improved. The graphics are the one thing that is not a problem in FH4, yet it’s the main thing they go on about as being better in FH5.

6 Likes

To be fair that is all it takes to pull in a naive casual which is who the Horizon franchise’s main target audience appears to have shifted to.

It will likely repeat the amazing intro of constantly throwing new events + cars + wheelspins at you for the first few hours too, the big reviewers are unlikely to go any further than that (evidenced by none of FH4’s problems being mentioned in any of them back in 2018) so they’ll have all them drooling over the surface level stuff too.

We’ll only find out when it’s released but until then what I want + what I expect will remain completely separate, I don’t trust any triple-A game to release without a plethora of problems anymore.

1 Like

You know me and my preferences very well, Bree. Be kind with me when I now somewhat defend their marketing approach ;). Judging by the format in which the world-wide reveal happened there is no room for promoting indepth details that cater to the needs of us here, the hardcore players that know every mechanic & detail by heart. Graphics (stunning vistas, cars and talk about trendy graphical features) and the overall message (playful fun, accessability, teaming-up globally with diverse players in an open-world with racing) are the things you have to promote to get the attention. It’s what Horizon has become. An open-world funpark with cars and racing, not longer a racing game in an open-world.

That being said I deeply hope they won’t completely neglect the small serious racing parts that are left in the franchise. Maybe they have learned that there are enough players that enjoy competitive racing and hotlapping, so these modes will still be present and better than in Horizon 4. I’ve read a discussion on the Teamwars Discord yesterday about how the driving model seemed more arcady in the gameplay demo and I tend to agree and that’s what I’m currently the most afraid of.

I hope they (maybe not Mike) will take their time in the future and talk about racing related mechanics, about tuning, about car physics like Chris Esaki does for FM. But honestly, yesterday wasn’t the place for it.

2 Likes

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-17-the-big-forza-horizon-5-interview-theres-not-any-point-being-bigger-if-its-more-of-the-same

“Mike Brown: So - we have rebuilt our multiplayer suite, as you call it. It’s called the Horizon Open now. That name signifies that it’s for all, it’s intended to be more low pressure, more inclusive, more accessible, I think, than our Ranked Adventure could be in Horizon 4. Horizon 4’s Ranked Adventure made winning, like, super important. It made people really, really want to win a lot, and get very angry when they couldn’t. So we’re trying to address that balance. Winning is still obviously the objective, and still what you want to do, but it’s not intended to be the be all and end all of it. We’re trying to make an experience that is more welcoming, fun and engaging without, hopefully, some of the frustrations that people found in Forza Horizon 4.”

Doesn’t sound immediately promising for a better competitive racing experience.

Yay a participation award …

On https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ, Horizon Open is announced as an evolution of PVP not a remplacement of ranked. So here we are, they don’t fix but replace ranked with this Horizon Open and it’s not announced on the official page. I don’t know, does it sound like a detail to anyone ?

On the change itself, I have always been in favor of considering that the way you get to the finish line says a lot about you being a top FH player. The difficulty mode, the number of hits with other cars or walls, your start position and the number of cars you passed clean, all those aspects make a huge difference between two players on the same race. If they indeed did this, that could indeed be the kind of thing bringing me back.

Another point of view would be, 'but what about racing as a club online then ?" , did you notice the term team was gone … severe trauma after the total fail of FH4 online team racing at its release ?

PS : I did put abbreviation of Horizon Open, has to be some bad words as it was replaced by wildcards, I hope it’s not bad prediction …

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-17-the-big-forza-horizon-5-interview-theres-not-any-point-being-bigger-if-its-more-of-the-same

“Mike Brown: So - we have rebuilt our multiplayer suite, as you call it. It’s called the Horizon Open now. That name signifies that it’s for all, it’s intended to be more low pressure, more inclusive, more accessible, I think, than our Ranked Adventure could be in Horizon 4. Horizon 4’s Ranked Adventure made winning, like, super important. It made people really, really want to win a lot, and get very angry when they couldn’t. So we’re trying to address that balance. Winning is still obviously the objective, and still what you want to do, but it’s not intended to be the be all and end all of it. We’re trying to make an experience that is more welcoming, fun and engaging without, hopefully, some of the frustrations that people found in Forza Horizon 4.”

Doesn’t sound immediately promising for a better competitive racing experience.
[/quote]

Thing is, this is EXACTLY the sort of MP racing experience they had in FH3, before they broke it in FH4. You had races in all classes from D to S1, encouraging you to have a few good cars tuned to each class. If you won the tournament, you got more credits but not so many more credits that you felt gypped if you lost. And you had the freedom to do what you want between races – either head straight to the next event or hoon around a bit and build up skill XP (ah, the dry wash). It was absolutely fun, and the fact that skills added to your final XP tournament total provided drivers with a reason to race clean rather than bomb corners. I was truly amazed that they took such a wonderful experience and completely ruined it in FH4. We’ll see if this Horizon Open mode is a return to FH3 form, I suppose.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [530534] Apticle