Hoonigan Car Pack (Pre-Order bonus)

All I know is that as soon as I read “Motorsport lifestyle” in the pack’s description, I was done with it. Far as I know, it’s not called “Forza Motorsport Lifestyle 7” and until I see some cars that aren’t famous because of YouTube but because they ran legendary races in the hands of legendary drivers, I will not commit to this game. Yes; I know YouTube and social media is important. I know that’s how T10 – and many other game companies, I guess – conduct their business and marketing and it’s a (mostly) free way of getting their message across, but it doesn’t have to permeate every single freaking aspect as it seems to be doing now.

I also know that drifting/stadium rallycross/whatever else these “Hoonigans” do has its loyal followers – however misguided they are – but this whole “Hoonigan” thing is nothing more than slang cooked up by DC Shoe Co. sponsored flat-brimmers that caught fire because Block, Pastrana, Faust et. al. are supreme social media-ites. I’ll give them credit there, but I will never consider the stuff they do anything more than hipster-baiting schlock that should consider itself LUCKY to be featured in competition as SERIOUS (#sarcasm) as the X-Games. Remember how DiRT tried to do something like this, and went back to proper rallying faster than you can say “heel-toe-downshift”? That’s no fluke.

It looks like a joke right now. It really does.

1 Like

There’s being close minded, and then there is this. As far as “Legendary Drivers”, Faust, Block, and Pastrana can be considered that for their respective sport. What they do is absolutely insane, and takes a ridiculous amount of skill. If you don’t like it, fine, then don’t use the cars. No one is asking you to, nor does anyone care if you will or wont. But to say “Hey, I don’t like it, everyone who does is a joke, this form of motorsport is a joke, blah blah blah” is so dense its hurting my brain. Again, I don’t care for it. At all. But its just like NASCAR, its another form of motorsport that has a following, why cant that following be catered to? Because SmoothRoller doesn’t like it? I’d argue NASCAR is by far the most boring form of racing, but I’m not going to take a crap on everyone who likes it.

But all of that aside, no one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to use these cars, you’re literally complaining about free extra content, that is not included in the launch roster car count. There are plenty of cars I’m sure you wont use, nor that I will use, or have interest in. And cars you and me would much rather have instead. But this isn’t SmoothRollerSport 7 or CrimsonGungnirSport 7. It’s Forza Motorsport 7, and they have to cater to their fan base.

People said that about NASCAR, NHRA drag racing, and the dirt track Outlaws. They are all considered very professional versions of Motorsport racing. Stop being such an elitist. Just because you don’t like or understand something doesn’t make it part of a group that you wish it not to be.

4 Likes

This tuning cars not for me!

“The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can’t bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?”
- Capt. Jack Sparrow

Pre-order the game or don’t. Accept the car pack or don’t. Play the game or don’t. But don’t come here mucking up the forums with complaints about a decision that’s already been made if you’ve already made up your mind. The one other rule that matters is the forums Code of Conduct which warns against excessive negative behavior. Shape up or ship out.

• ManteoMax, pirate
11 Likes

2 Likes

Lets keep the quote trains down please

Thanks

3 Likes

Everybody who complains about pre ordering the physical copy but not getting this pack for free are pathetic. Jesus, is $7 too much for y’all or something?

I don’t think anyone’s complaining about paying for the pack. Maybe try reading a thread before trying to act like some kinda forum warrior, buddy, else it makes you look like an idiot.

If you take a few minutes to read properly, you’ll see that the complaints are centred around the fact that this pack is only available by pre-ordering a specific version of the game, with no guarantee it’ll be available for future purchase.

4 Likes

Remember when you said you feel like you’re being treated like a 2nd class customer? Exactly. Like shuuuut uuuuppp. It’s not that big of a deal dude.

2 Likes

By not having any ability to get the pack whatsoever. Once again, read the thread, and shuuuut uuuuppp dude.

1 Like

Also “with the Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack available to play on Sept. 29 for Ultimate Edition owners through early access, and Oct. 3 for Standard Edition owners.” makes it seem that it’ll be available to play OR buy on their respective releases. So stop jumping to conclusions based on your opinions on what they mean.

Hi Guys,

This was quite a read!

I just wanted to come over and clarify some things for you all.

Here is what the article says:
Forza has teamed up with motorsport-lifestyle brand Hoonigan to bring some of the most iconic Hoonigan cars to Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3. Fans who pre-order Forza Motorsport 7 digitally will receive Hoonigan Car Packs for both games at no additional cost (Note that players who have previously pre-ordered Forza Motorsport 7 digitally before today’s announcement will also receive the two Hoonigan Car Packs).. The Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan Car Pack will become available on Aug. 15 for free in the Xbox Store for Forza Motorsport 7 digital pre-order customers, with the Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack available to play on Sept. 29 for Ultimate Edition owners through early access, and Oct. 3 for Standard Edition owners.

Can you purchase the Hoonigan Car Pack separately in FH3?

• *Yes you can. It will be $6.99 and available on August 15th.

Can you purchase The Hoonigan Car Pack separately in FM7?

• *No, currently there are no plans for this pack to be sold separately.

What if I pre-ordered a physical copy? Do I still get the Hoonigan car packs in both FH3 and FM7 for free?

• *No you do not. You may purchase the FH3 Hoonigan Car Pack starting on August 15th for $6.99.

What if I pre-ordered a digital copy from a retailer outside of the Windows store or Xbox?

• *You will have to contact that retailer to find out when they will be sending you the FM7 pre-order code.

A few things to note here:
When you pre-order a digital copy of FM7 through Microsoft (either windows or xbox) you will be able to see the Hoonigan Car Pack show up on August 15th for the price of FREE. The FM7 Hoonigan Car Pack will be available on launch (either September 29th for Ultimate Edition Digital Pre-orders or October 3rd for Standard Edition Pre-orders.

I hope this can clear some of the confusion. If you guys have any other questions, let me know. You are also more than welcome to PM me at any time. I usually don’t answer on the weekends though :slight_smile: I do need time to play video games myself :wink:

Thank you,

6 Likes

:confused:

2 Likes

T10 making the same errors over and over again - definition of insanity and no wonder so many long term players are becoming scarce in the forza world. Makes me sad.

4 Likes

Nitro. One would assume you have some method of communication to the decision makers, being the Community Relations person.

Is there any chance, some slim possibility, that you can convince them to change their minds on this one at some point in the future? Can use more money from the sale of the pack as some means of convincing them?

And that is the problem this thread is about. I have no problems with paying the $7 plus tax for the pack in FH3, and would happily pay the $7 or what ever for it in FM7. But since I chose to physically preorder the ultimate edition for $109.89 after tax I can’t even buy the pack in FM7.

I get the packaging, the disc and model car have monetary value so it would make since for the digital version that costs the same to include a free DLC or 2, but to not even offer it for sale to physical editions is wrong. Even if you guys have to tie this pack into the car pass or VIP pass that would be fine, just make it so someway the physical copies of the game have access to it.

3 Likes

Bonuses locked to pre order are the most frustrating thing in gaming imo. I don’t want/can’t really pre order FM7 but I want the Hoonigan Car Pack. It’s a massive kick in the teeth for those who can’t afford to pre order it straight away or for those who are just kinda half and half on whether the game looks good.

4 Likes

Imagine that, a business using incentives to get people to buy something?! What’ll they think of next?

3 Likes

WELP had to cancel Amazon… If i’m getting the ultimate edition it makes no sense not to have every car available (at the time) I don’t like it one bit, but there’s really no choice. I know, I know, the whole vote with your wallets thing. Problem is you’d have to boycott the whole game. And considering I really enjoyed 6 and freakin love H3 that would be very hard to do.

1 Like