Hoonigan Car Pack (Pre-Order bonus)

Anyone find any pics of this on Google? I can only find the new shape It’s, which doesn’t correspond with the 2003 model year?

This is what I found. Same owner, same power figures. Difference in appearance could just be swapped headlights and bumpers.

In case there’s any confusion, this is NOT the Day One Car Pack. This is just the “Pre-Order Bonus Content”.

Yeah so let’s hope the D1CP isn’t satire like this one is…oh, what’s that? T10 expects us to take this pack full of mutant cars that would look right at home in Twisted Metal/the pages of Roadkill Magazine/the Death Race movie if not in FM7 SERIOUSLY!!! Oh my lord.

F:H3 I guess I can understand, but not Motorsport. No way in hell.

As of a few months ago, drifting is now an officially recognized international racing category with events officially sanctioned by the FIA … you know, the organization that recognizes and sanctions Formula One, WRC, WEC, etc.

Thank you, sir, for educating me about the FIA. I appreciate your less-than-hidden sarcasm but I don’t care what the FIA says; motosport is hurting right now, and the FIA needs hits wherever it can get them. Doesn’t mean I’m going to accept it as something that belongs in a game with “Motorsport” in its title. Not when there are so many other traditional motorsport disciplines that are terribly under-represented in the game, from DTM, to ETCC, to Can-Am and I’ll even throw a bone to ETRC.

1 Like

100% disagree with you. Anything that can be classed or officially sanctioned as a “Motorsport” can and should be allowed to be implemented into a “Motorsport” game If done correctly.

You REALLY think that’s why this pack exists? Becuase the FIA has sanctioned drifting as “official” or whatever? Puh-LEEZE. It’s here because the geniuses that run the Hoonigan brand – and they are geniuses – know that this is a good way to get their name into the minds of more people, maybe even people like me that are traditional motorsport fans and look at drifting as seriously as they look at Monster Jam.

Oh for Goodness sakes. Save your bleeding heart. I said the release of the pack looks like a joke – that wasn’t a comment on the fans of the driving style they call drifting. Do I think they’re misguided and that they like the sport in no small part because of the bang-up job it’s done on social media? Yes, I do. That’s not a comment on them, either. It’s a comment on how we’re getting our information these days and that’s all.

And the fact that it’s free makes no difference to me. What I see is an indication of the game getting farther and farther away from the forests of Belgium and the hills of upstate New York – places I love – and evermore closer to…well, I don’t really know where.

Did I say that the pack exists because it was sanctioned by the FIA?

No but the fact that you use the FIA to legitimize it looks to me like you’re saying I should think of it differently than I would if it was just a bunch of kids with bumperless cars and cheap tires competing. Which I don’t, and never will.

I’m saying that it’s a motorsport and any motorsport should be welcome in a motorsport game

At this point, drifting is considered motorsport, so cars like these have a place in the game as far as some people are concerned.

1 Like

I welcome these cars, drifting is definitely a motorsport now.

Anyhow, that’s the same car that I found, and that’s what confused me. We’ll see what happens on release :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t go that far at all. These real cars, driven by real professionals, and are made for drifting/gymkhana. Both very real forms of motorsport, take insane amounts of skill, and these cars are driven by the best in those respects. I personally don’t hoon around, nor care for it. But I understand that those into gymkhana will love these, and I respect it as another form of motorsports. Even the FIA has finally classified drifting as a form of Motorsport.

Yes, these cars look crazy, but they are legit and real. Think of LMP cars, they look like damn space shuttles, yet they are legit cars, and raced professionally. Hell, the same could have been said for Group C Endurance or Group B Rally.

3 Likes

Im sure the pack will be available for separate purchase like all the other pre-order pack from previous years.

1 Like

For FH3 it is, but nothing has been said about FM7’s version of the pack.

They love money so it will come, they never announce anything about it, it usually comes around the 6 month mark after the game has been realese.

1 Like

Find the 10-year anniversary pack in anything other than a bundle and I will concede the argument.

1 Like

For those “fretting” over the merits of the “extras” that you get with the different Pre-order versions can I suggest…

Having a little chilled wine…

4 Likes

We don’t even know fully how this is all going to play out. For me as an Amazon digital pre-order holder, I’m not even guaranteed that I will get the pack at all. Those who preordered through MS already have the pack as an item on their console. I’m not going to stress about it because it’s not a big deal. Just a few bonus cars in the sea of over 700 we are getting at launch, not to mention all the DLC and possible expansions.

-k

1 Like

It has already been confirmed that other retailer pre-orders will get the pack as well. The delivery method or time may be different, but you will get the pack.

1 Like