Hoonigan Car Pack (Pre-Order bonus)

Thanks PJ… Might seriously consider not getting it for FH3 now I know this TBH… as great as the cars look, having a bite sized (in the long run) teaser of them then not be able to use them in FM7 will be really annoying.

First piece of news for FM7 that has me genuinely on a downer…

1 Like

It figures the one damn time I go physical for the steelbook and a deal…

Why even sell physical at this point? What’s the point? Everything in the world wants you to go digital. More so with this. Very annoyed by this. Not to mention Achievements attached, so there maybe a different set for 7…

This stuff here is exactly why you detail what you giving in total when you put a preorder up. They waited a very long time to say this… why? Why not say there will be exclusive car packs and free if you preorder? An entire car pack is way different then a preorder car that is tuned and looks the exact same, or a racing suit.

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why people are pre-ordering before we know all the details and bonuses of the various pre-order options. This is no different than the release of any of the previous Forza games where different bundles and pre-order options were announced at different times leading up to release day.

2 Likes

Only reason I preordered is because it was $20 off on Amazon.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Completely valid reason to pre-order.

I have to admit, I went and preordered the day after the E3 event… the UE was the same pre-order deposit amount (£5) and it comes with the die cast car.

Is there anyway to cancel a digital pre-order?

Just throwing that out there…

Q: Can I cancel a pre-order?
A: Yes, before we release the game, you can cancel your pre-order by contacting Xbox Support.^

Use your heads physical preorder people (wink, wink)…

(Well at least to get it in FH3 anyway…)

Maybe I’m weird but if rather have the steelbook than the preorder car pack. I preordered digital because of the Amazon deal and for play anywhere. The decision had nothing to do with what I could possibly get as a preorder bonus. At the time the only bonus on the page was an Amazon racing suit for the in game driver.

-k

I find it kind of funny how the people who pre-ordered the Physical Edition are saying they are getting treated unfairly, as they will happily get their steelbook and model Porsche 911 GT2 RS.

I don’t see them saying that it’s not fair we don’t the Porsche model. Only how it’s unfair that they don’t get what we get, but NOTHING about how we don’t get what they get.

We are both paying $100 for an ultimate edition. Where’s my Porsche diecast? Does this mean I can start complaining? No. It doesn’t. Each side has it’s benefits. You decided you wanted the Porsche diecast and steelbook, so you don’t get the pack. We decided we wanted the pack, so we don’t get the Porsche diecast or steelbook. It’s up to you to decide which is best for you. It’s not T10s fault you all jumped the gun before waiting for more info on pre-orders.

If it’s that huge of a deal, go cancel your physical edition, and pre order it digitally. But probably then you’ll cry about not getting your diecast Porsche. You can’t have everything you want.

As it stood before today, the physical edition was way more worth it due to bonuses. Now it’s more level of a field. They needed more incentive to make the digital version more appealing.

Also from a business standpoint, it’s cheaper to sell digital. Why? They don’t have to manufacture anything, nor do they have to pay retailers a percentage of the sale. If it’s sold through the MS store, they get all the proceeds. So it’s very understandable why they’d want to sweeten the deal for digital.

5 Likes

The Day One car pack is also Digital exclusive. So that’s 3 free car packs.
They could easily provide the codes for the Physical editions, and make the physical more expensive to compensate for the Steelbox and Porsche model where available.

1 Like

Might want you verify some facts there. Multiple sites including ManteoMax’s FM7 threads here show the Day One car pack being included with physical disc versions. The official Forza site very specifically lists the Hoonigan pack as being digital only while it says nothing at all about the Day One pack being digital only.

2 Likes

I checked the details on the game.co.uk store, it doesn’t mention the Day One car Pack.
On the Microsoft store, it has the Day One car Pack but it doesn’t have the Porsche die cast model.

So, yes, I checked before I wrote here.

2 Likes

Look here:

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst99417_FM7-Editions-and-DLC-List.aspx

Second post down.

The day one car pack will probably be just like the anniversary pack in FM6, which was useless. So bring that to 2 useful ones. As to charging more. If they charged more for that, you know damn well people would throw a huge fit with “why are we paying more than digital, no one else does that”. So that path cannot be taken.

How I look it is this. If you value physical merchandise like the steelbook and model car, go with the physical edition. If you want the digital stuff, you get the digital version.

If they included everything the digital edition has in the physical edition, PLUS the steelbook and model car, there would be absolutely ZERO incentive to buy the digital copy, as it would be the inferior version. You’d literally be paying for less.

And back to the charging more. They cannot do that. People would literally tear them a new one, AND it would push any incentive away from the physical copy. Each copy needs to have it’s pros and cons.

They can’t make one copy have everything for the same price as the one with less, nor can they make the one with more cost more, because then those buying the ultimate edition physically, would have to pay more without a choice.

Hardly inferior, when with the digital edition, you don’t have to worry about losing or damage the disc, can play it anywhere (PC and Xbox) and don’t need to change out the disc every time you want to play this or a different game, so more convenient too. Add an exclusive car pack on top of that and you get way more than a physical edition user gets. It’s not like digital really needed more of an incentive to buy it.

Steelbook and a small model Porsche. Hardly an equal product.

See but that’s cherry picking. If you spend $100 on a product, I’d surely hope you don’t lose it, that logic can be applied to any item you buy, not just a game. As to damaging it, Blu-Rays are extremely hard to scratch and don’t tend to be affected by them as much, it would have to be handled with ridiculously little care to render it inoperable.

The Play Anywhere is very conditional. Most people who buy it for their Xbox digitally probably wont use said feature. Either they don’t have a powerful enough PC, no Windows 10, or simply no desire to, especially with the One X coming out.

As to convenience that has always been part of the digital market. I could argue that while I get convenience, you get collectability. I don’t get to look at the game on my shelf, which I’m not complaining about, as it is my choice. What I’m getting at is, when you preorder, you need to decide what’s more important to you. Do you want the convenience of never popping in the disc? Or do you want to be able to look at the case on your shelf. Both options are completely valid, and 100% personal preference. But you have to understand, each will have something to give them equal incentive from a value standpoint, for digital that will extra DLC, for physical that will be actual merchandise.

And to most people, that Porsche model and Steelbook are worth more than a few Hoonigan cars that probably will be useless for most racing scenarios. I cant tell you the last time I saw any of the F&F cars used online in FM6 or FH3, if ever.

1 Like

I’ll address only this part of your post as we’re obviously not going to convince each other of our differing views on the matter.

In my case at least, I stay the hell away from Online racing. So whether they’re competitive online doesn’t really bother, nor interest me. For the Fast and Furious cars I used them the same way I use every car, some Free Play races, tuning them to my own “standards” and trying my hand at photography. We all have our own way of utilising the cars available to us, so I’ll respect the fact that those who primarily race Online will most likely not use these vehicles.

Bear in mind that physical pre-orders don’t include the play anywhere feature; that’s only available with digital pre-orders. I think before this digital exclusive DLC was announced the two options were pretty equal in terms of value, now it’s a little less balanced.

Honestly I don’t have that much of a problem with this, as long as it’s available for purchase later.

1 Like