Hoonigan Car Pack (Pre-Order bonus)

So, as I read this thread… I really wish there was more clarity on things like this, seriously. First it was wondering if FM7 was going to be a different game unless you owned a Xbox X. Still not sure, but they said “graphical update” post launch for it. I think that said enough. Maybe.

Now because I preordered the physical FM7 Ultimate - as it’s the only game I will buy this year - now once again that feeling of uncertainty looms again as if i’m losing out in some way.

2 Likes

It was announced from the beginning that FM7 would work across all Xbox One consoles, just like all the others. It isn’t a new console, just an upgraded one.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this pack will keep it exclusivity for a while and may only be released well into FM7s lifespan as part of a bundle.

1 Like

Same game on the One X, just better graphics.

I have to agree with PTG Wildcat. There has to be an incentive to preorder or people just won’t. Don’t be surprised if the pack is eventually made available for sale. If these cars are so important to you then preorder the game. If not, then don’t bother. The game will ship with 700+ cars. From the list given, missing these is not going to be the end of the world and these models are doubtfully some kind of pay to win concoction. I remember TransAm’s many page thread about not being awarded a 1970s Mazda bonus car. It’s not a big deal. There are many other cars. Btw, Forzathon cars are not unicorn cars.

-k

2 Likes

I was planning to, but with the physical version. Now seeing that those that want a physical copy are going to be treated as some kind of lower class of pre-orderer I may not.

Still waiting for that Silvia to be fixed, months after it was released as a free download.

While it may not seem like a big issue to you, if you don’t use every single car. I can understand that. However, to those like me who buy these kind of games not just to race, but also to experience the various cars available in multiple ways (Forzavista, tuning, painting, driving etc etc) it’s somewhat disheartening to find out that unless you go and buy some other edition of the game that you weren’t planning to get, or jump through specific hoops during a very limited timeframe, you won’t be able to get those vehicles.

Don’t be surprised if this pack never shows up as an add-on after launch. The Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack for FM6 was pre-order-bundle-only and still isn’t available to purchase from the Store.

1 Like

It wasn’t pre-order bundle only, it was and still is included with digital copies of FM6, from Standard all the way to Ultimate.

1 Like

It still comes with the disc versions to AFAIK.

If you can find a 10-year anniversary edition, yes. Otherwise, I don’t believe so.

The main difference between that pack and this one is that all the cars in the Ten year anniversary pack were just tuned and painted versions of cars already in the game. They were no better or worse than anything else that could be tuned or painted by anyone else who played FM6. The “Hoonigan” pack is a set of unique cars not in the base game which following Turn10’s history will become available post launch. There has not been a single “exclusive” car pack that remained that way more than a few months after launch. Unicorns are slightly different but they are not DLC, they are participation and competition rewards. I can almost guarantee you that you will have a chance to buy the Hoonigan pack after the game releases. It’s already for sale separately in Horizon 3.

All pre-order cars, VIP cars, VIP status, day-one DLC, etc. has been made available either instantly on day one or after a few months (with the exception of the ten year anniversary pack and The Stig’s Car pack from the Ultimate edition of FM3 - 3 cars). Turn10 has no reason to deny content to players once the game has launched and the pre-order bonus is no longer an incentive. In fact, if they don’t release the content they are losing revenue they could make from players who joined the party late. Speaking from a strictly economic point of view, after about two months of exclusivity to players who pre-ordered, it makes no sense to withhold content from others unless you are trying to drive up pre-orders for a future title.

I don’t really care for the cars in this pack though, I’d rather have their base versions so I can modify them.
79 Blazer - never seen in any Forza title
55 Chevy - never seen before (lemme have a 55 Nomad!)
Etc.

So this is not a huge draw for me content-wise, I will stay tuned for more information and new features before I make any kind of hedged bet on a pre-order.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all of them say 10-year anniversary edition. I got mine well after FM6 had been released, probably 6 months after.

-k

the more I try and work out what’s going on with this pack, the more confused I get.

I’ve already got a physical FM7 UE order down, so i’m out of the free pack… does that also mean I can’t get it at all for FH3 and FM7 or will I have to pay to have it in FH3 and then pay again to have it in FM7?

As you pre-ordered a physical copy of Forza Motorsport 7:

• You will not be given either Hoonigan Car Pack for free.
  • You will not have access to the Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack, and cannot buy it separately.
  • You will have to buy the Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan Car Pack separately when it is released.
2 Likes

Once again, another digital-only “exclusive”. Something needs to be implemented at Mike Ybarra’s/Xbox engineering level that would allow a physical disc customer a 1 time “digital” upgrade, so they are not spending absurd amounts of money by double dipping. (yes, its optional but most folks want all content available)

Guys make this happen: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251652-xbox-store/suggestions/5997602-convert-physical-games-to-digital

1 Like

You must not play Call of Duty…they have a free beta if you pre order.
A lot of games have a pre order bonus system in place from free cars to free beta access to early access to the actual game.
This is how it is and I do t see this changing anytime soon.

1 Like

Looking at the new achievements, do we have any idea what will be involved in “Squashed Banana” - “Perform the Fruit Salad Combo in a Hoonigan Pack car”? Sounds intriguing!

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst68577_Skills-and-Perks-List-in-FH3.aspx

1 Like

Huh - I’ve put in over 450 hours into the game, and I wasn’t aware of that! :slight_smile:

If it’s any consolation for the physical edition owners out there, these cars likely won’t be able to be used in Career and will be thoroughly uncompetitive in both multiplayer and hotlapping. So unless you live for Free Play, you’re not missing much.

And for what it’s worth, I’m not backing any particular horse here. I haven’t seen nearly enough information and improvements to the game and the franchise as a whole to justify a sale, let alone a pre-order.

Now make a MightyCarMods DLC with all the awesome cars they done like 2SEXY, Taylor Drift (Tay-Tay), WASAABi, Gramps, Super Gramps, VTEC Mini, 10 Sec Sleeper Cresta, Subarute, Dominic Corvetto, Daihatsu Mira, The Beetle Sleeper and so on with Marty and Moog doing commentary about the cars =)