Hoonigan Car Pack (Pre-Order bonus)

Why would they refuse cash? Wanna bet they’ll let you buy it even if you didn’t preorder anything?

1 Like

Yes,confirmed digital bonus applies to other retailers besides MS-Xbox.

How did you confirm this? I also pre-ordered through Amazon. AFAIK your Xbox account is not linked to your Amazon account so how would MS know you pre-ordered it through a 3rd party like Amazon?

Not saying you’re wrong, just wondering…

Edit:
I see it here
https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst101957_Hoonigan-Car-Pack---August-15th.aspx

I don’t think Amazon gives you a code until the game is released so I am not sure how that will work.

I have no doubt this will be made available to sell. If not on the first day, then not long after release.

-k

If previous pre-order incentives are anything to go by, don’t expect this pack to become individually available until mid 2018, shortly after the Car Pass expires.

3 Likes

The FM 7 pack has a different car,blazer replaced with the holden.

Go and find the Forza 6 10-year anniversary pack to buy on the Microsoft site, good luck.

4 Likes

Nope, the Commodore replaced the K5 Blazer in FM7.

You sir are correct,thank you.

I have pre ordered the Ultimate Edition of Forza Motorsport 7 as a physical copy because that way I get a steelbook case and die cast model Porsche. However, today the Hoonigan pack was announced. You can get this for free on both Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7 if you pre order Forza Motorsport 7 digitally in the xbox store. Now that’s all very well but I simply can’t afford to buy the game twice just for a car pack. So can you buy the Hoonigan Pack seperate for Forza Motorsport 7 like you can for Forza Horizon 3? If you can then yay all good I will get it but if not then that’s a bit unfair on all the people who have payed just like everyone else but for physical copy instead who then can’t get it. Hope I get an answer soon so I know whether to put some money aside for the pack or to sit and be miffed that I can’t get the cars. Pack looks mint too btw if you ain’t seen it check it out. Comes out August 15th for Forza Horizon 3.

2 Likes

Confirmed,digital deal applies to other retailers besides MS.

So if I’m reading this right, you won’t be able to get this at all unless you pre-order the digital version? That’s even worse. Exclusive pre-order DLC’s are downright scummy if they stay pre-order exclusive.

4 Likes

Correct.

So long as people keep buying and pre-ordering, this practice will continue. If you don’t think it’s a fair deal for you then don’t go for the pre-order, but it has been proven that incentives work in the games industry, and this type of paywalled content will continue for many years to come.

That being said I recommend you email Microsoft Support to let them know your thoughts on the matter, as despairing in the forums most likely doesn’t get tracked in their KPI metrics.

Personal opinion: I like watching the Gymkhana videos but extra cars don’t have much appeal to me. If the base game is going to have 700 cars, why should I care about 7 more? There are many questions regarding features and game design philosophies that I am awaiting answers on before I commit to Forza Motorsport 7; some exclusive cars aren’t going to make me pull the trigger and head to the store, not in the slightest.

I’m sure the cars will be a hit and those who pre-order digitally will be happy and that’s fine, but it’s not a marketing tactic that works on me, sorry.

2 Likes

So far, T10 has managed to stay clear of this abhorrent practice. The occasional pre-order exclusive car, but those have all come around as a pack later on in the lifespan of the game. But to do it with a whole pack? That doesn’t sit right with me.

If there’s some confirmation that it’ll 100% definitely be available later on, then that won’t be as bad. But until something like that, if someone even bothers to clear it up, is said I’ll continue thinking that T10 is heading further and further towards the scummy practices exhibited by other companies.

I’d won some money on a scratch card, and was considering taking a gamble with the winnings on this game as to whether it’ll be any good by pre-ordering the physical edition, but with this news, I may spend that elsewhere. No Toyota, confirmed that Unicorn cars are coming back, and now pre-order exclusive car packs that sound like they’re going to stay exclusive? This might tip me further towards another series for my track racing fix this year.

4 Likes

Stop telling porkies, we both know you’ll buy it.
You’re just another of of the “all talk, no action” brigade.

3 Likes

Had it not been for one gamble paying off, and deciding “screw it, I’ll take another gamble” on this game, I most certainly wouldn’t be buying it. So you may as well give up the arrogant fortune teller act at some point.

You said you’d blocked me months ago. Was that another porky or just the fact that you find me irresistible?

Thanks for proving my point. It doesn’t matter where you got the money from, just the fact that you’re still buying it.

You obviously don’t get it. Stop making ridiculous statements you have no intention of following through with. It just makes you look foolish. By all means carry on, it really is hilarious.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with “The boy who cried wolf” or in your case, “The boy who cried unicorn”

1 Like

Don’t flatter yourself you conceited muppet. I was wondering who you’d moved onto chastising by now, so had a look at your post. Turns out it’s still me. Looks like it’s you who finds me irresistible then. Back on my ignore list you go!

Putting out some kind of incentive deal to entice customers to purchase a certain product … or purchase a specific quantity of a product … or purchase a product at a specific time … or in a specific manner … is nothing new in the world or any kind of ‘scummy’ practice. It’s a normal part of everyday business practiced by millions of companies around the world every day. It’s a normal practice in a free market economy based on supply and demand. T10 wants to encourage consumers to purchase their digital product. It’s less costly for them to produce and deliver a digital product than it is a physical product. To that end, they will create demand for their digital product by including incentives that customers can only get by purchasing the digital product. This is very basic economics/marketing and not some scummy, unethical business practice that T10 or the video game industry has come up with.

7 Likes