Graphics Quality problem on PC solved

Go to Settings menu

Advanced Video

Scroll all the way down

Set Motion Blur Low and turn Lense effect Off.

This will keep motion blur while removing the cartoonish look. And, will remove the crazy over exaggerated lens effect late afternoon on the tracks.

Worthy to note that the lens effect ment for first person in car driving for immersion. Third person with chasing camera and first person hood camera this is not for you.

===

For more quality go to Resolution Scale and set it to 200 If your GPU can handle it.

This made older car models looks a lot better.

3 Likes

What’s your GPU / monitor resolution ?!

3440x1440

“house down payment? Or play Forza at sometimes consistent 60fps?”

1 Like

I tried with 200, resolution scale
About 15 fps less.
RTX 4090 - 8k

Yes, went with @Banjacked8153 suggestion of building a PC.

I was getting 3090 pre-built offered at 50% discount. I saw @Nursemorph reply before he deleted it. Hesitated for few days, then went with the discount. Next day they revealed PC requirements which includes SSD and 40 Series. Changed the pre-built with parts and paid the difference, but still cheaper than equivalent new pre-built.

Honestly, I didn’t get any benefit from the higher FPS. Both 72 and 144 looked the same to me on the PC monitor. However, on TV all games looked better.

Try the DLSS from the Basic Video settings.

Yes, I asked for refund ( Steam ) and I purchased the Microsoft Store version

settings dont do anything, i use rtx 4070 and no matter how low or what i turn on or off its crap.

Thats a completely different. Its already listed in the known issues and hopefully be fixed in the coming update.

The suggested settings in the original post about the color wash caused by lens flair late afternoon, and reduction of motion blur for sharper visuals.

You can also use DSR instead of setting the resolution scale to 200%. I’m running the game at 7860x2160 via DSR and it looks clean.

1 Like

I have a different recipe for improving the graphics in the game. I just switched “Raytracing quality” to OFF.
After this, the asphalt began to look much better and the car bodies (even in viewing mode (x)) began to look like real ones.
This was a surprise to me, because I thought that RTX should make the image better, not worse)))

P.S. Additionally, I turned off dynamic resolution and turned on DLAA (but if you GPU not too expensive you may use DLSS instead). It helps to remove blur with FHD or 2K monitors.

P.P.S. And I noticed that the brightness of 45 instead of 50 gives a more contrast picture on different monitors (I played on 4K IPS, 2K TFT and HDR TV 65")

1 Like

In Nvidia control panel turn off clamp under texture filering set it to allow and try again,this fixed my issues.

1 Like

Ray tracing depends on your CPU, even if you have a GPU that can do it. I currently have a Ryzen 5 3600, and if I attempt to use RT, the game will struggle to hit 30fps. Even setting Ray Tracing Quality to low doesn’t help at all. For my setup, I get the best performance with RT off, DLSS off, Medium Render Quality and 150% resolution scale.

I’m running triple 1080p screens, Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3080 GPU, 16GB DDR4. Its not the best setup, but with Forza this CPU is a severe bottleneck.

1 Like

I have a similar set up but with a i5 9600k (stock) which I think should be roughly equivalent to your CPU (I do have 32gb ram though). I can get 60fps locked with RT and all settings at around maximum level at 1080 (but at 130% render scale) on a 3080. Suggests that it might be an issue with AMD CPUs or maybe memory?

Hope they can sort it for you.

1 Like

I’m going to fix the problem for myself, and get a better CPU. Getting at least a R7 3800x would be better than waiting for Turn 10 to improve PC optimization. Although I am probably going to update my BIOS and get a R7 5800x.

1 Like

I have a 3700X and 6800XT, and the game performs surprisingly well at 4K, 60fps with everything turned to Ultra, sans Ray Tracing. If I turn RT on using Digital Foundry’s optimized settings, I can pull anywhere from 50-55 fps, depending on the scene (This is my benchmark average, but the in-game benchmark doesn’t represent the majority of racing you’ll be doing).

As far as upgrades go, I’d recommend a 5800X3D at this point in the AM4 platform’s life cycle. Otherwise, you’re wasting money for less performance with any other processor below it.

If you have the disposable income, upgrade to AM5 with DDR5, and the 7000 series CPUs like a 7600X. It makes more since because AM4 is at its end of life. It’s still a good platform and will play the majority of games at high frame rates. But you need the top of the line AM4 CPU to leverage that power, especially with RT that is more CPU bound than GPU.

1 Like