Game breaking Clutch issue

Manual with clutch is unplayable with my pedals. I was grinding gears with every shift so I checked to see if the problem was me or the game. I stopped the car held in the clutch as far as it would go and shifted through the gears. Every single gear switch grinded. Telemetry said I was at 100% clutch but would drop down to 75% after every shift then back up to 100%. When playing with simulation damage sitting stationary shifting through gears with the clutch fully depressed will destroy the transmission.

Thrustmaster Tx wheel, T3PA pro pedals, th8a shifter. clutch deadzone setting is broken and won’t save when adjusted. Inside deadzone set to 0 outside deadzone was set to max {999,999,999)

Something in the way the clutch works in this game is broken. If I downshift and don’t release the clutch pedal the clutch in game will still engage and the rpms will go up as if I had released the clutch.

1 Like

Did you never get a response? I have the same hardware setup as you. Seems the clutch pedal is superfluous, one can shift gears without using the clutch at all.

Same config and same problem here.
It is impossible to properly use the clutch.
Already posted about the problem, but seems nobody was interested in.
I really hope it will be fixed.

[comment to be deleted]

Yup, I have the exact same thing. Also, it’s like the games clutch doesn’t have a biting point, it only disengages when you have the pedal fully depressed! Of course real clutches don’t work like that, you just have to go about 25% to wherever the biting point is and then you’re free to shift.

It makes driving the cars in cockpit view horrible, all you hear is that crunching noise as you apparently didn’t push the clutch in, when in reality it was pushed In all the way.

I’m hoping someone in a big chair sees this thread and fixes it, it’s clearly an issue.

Hey guys,

Right off the bat, i do not have your wheel setup, so i won’t rule out hardware or driver issues, but i do have a g27 and in apex the clutch would do a similar thing (granted an update fixed that) but i did come up with a work-around where you need to adjust the linearity, sensitivity and dead zone Ingame to prevent gear grinding.

Furthermore, since the game has a built in anti-stall system, the clutch biting point is not really visible (by only releasing the clutch with no throttle modulation). If the clutch and throttle are used in tandem to launch slowly, you will find and see a biting point (as the clutch will disengage to your left foot position as you depress the throttle).

Hope it helps

Sorry guys, I just realised this is in regards to FM7, I’m having the issue on FH4, so it spans multiple games then.

I’ll delete my comments when I figure out how to, I can’t seem to find the option.

Hey guys i have been tweaking settings and i think i have found a decent solution. Max the deadzones on both sides for the clutch. 0 for min and 100 for max. Then go to your pedal settings in its own software, and max out the clutch sensitivity. This helped on my g920 on motorsport 7. Again, max clutch sensitivity.