Future horizon games need to prioritize the story and progression

The progression is FH5 is almost non-existent. There is only 1 good cutscene and that is right at the start of the game and the Horizon Adventure thing is not very good. You dont even have to complete any of the stories/races to progress! You just have to collect accolades. For future Horizon games, please prioritize the story and progression rather than features like the festival playlist (which gets extremely boring and repetitive after a while). Below is an example of a story which can bring progression and a story to a future horizon game.

Whilst bringing the Horizon festival to Japan, a gang of yakuza members hijack and take down the planes that are carrying the festival. The gang run a underground street racing & drift scene and you try to create a deal with the leader to bring back the festival. He does not want to race you as you are seen as ‘unworthy’, if you can beat all 7 of his gang members you will be able to race him in a 1v1 showdown for the future of the horizon festival. (after this you could have a way to upgrade the festival/bring more festivals)

Yes definitely! It doesn’t have to be a whole script, but a simple career mode with a leaderboard with the names of the AI we need to beat and race against would already be far better than what we have now.

They should get rid of the drivatars imo. Racing against familiar (AI) names is far more immersive.

In NFS Underground 1 the opponents were all characters with their own distinct car and style. It created a very immersive game where you always felt like you were racing against friends and antagonists. I really liked that.

I really enjoyed the Story of FH5, → discovering the Land and building Festival Sites as you collect cars and finish Festival Playlist. I would’ve really liked the story to be a bit more centered around beating competitors and not just being one of many people in the Hall of Fame. I would also love to see more Cut Scenes with motion capture and scenic views of landscapes showcasing the beauty of the country, it would create a much more immersive/stronger vibe compared to FH5 where not even the “Story” missions have Cut Scenes that make one excited to play it.