Forza Crossover Game

This had occurred to me not since I played Forza 4. Since Forza is a game by car lovers for car lovers, it had me thinking, ‘Can cartoon characters like cars, or how about anime characters, or maybe video game characters?’. I thought that there might be a Forza Motorsport/Horizon crossover game where all of these characters from different anime, cartoons, and video game franchises come together and race in different tuners, classics, muscles, sports, exotics and race cars, and also getting to know these cars. Not all characters can race cars. Most of them can spectate, be a pit crew, or be crew chief for the driver.

Single-player wise, the player plays as a rookie driver accepted into the F.A.R.A. Forza Auto Racing Association. A car association dedicated to bringing the thrill of auto racing, and car passion across the world. However, the player is not the only driver in this racing association. A select handful of other drivers are also entering this racing association (i.e. characters from various Japanese anime, western cartoons, video games, etc.) all with different reasons, agendas, and purposes, and the player race against them. The career spans between different leagues and divisions ranging from amateur everyday city cars, to pro tuner, and sports cars, to master high-end racing machines. Events can include focusing on cars from a specific class, a certain decade, horsepower, engine type, car rivalries, car class, or a particular car family. Events are narrated through commentary by professional drivers (Jeff Gordon, Tanner Foust, Lewis Hamilton, etc.), and the casts of BBC’s Top Gear (James May, Richard Hammond, Jeremy Clarkson(hopefully)). When not racing, players can interact with the other drivers and ask them what they like about this association, why are they in this, and what made them want to race in the first place. If the player were to get on a character’s good side, then that character will give the player more helpful benefits such as granting the player more xp for good sportsmanship and won’t be aggressive. Get on their bad side, and that character will be marked as a rival and will become more aggressive. Players can also look into each driver’s bio for extra info.

The car roster will be up to 650 officially licensed cars from various manufacturers such as Ferrari, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche (hopefully) and they can range from slow, everyday city cars, to classic sport and muscle cars, convertibles, exotics, off-road cars and trucks, to import tuners and hyper cars, NASCAR stock cars, open wheel cars, formula one racers, and high-end racing machines. Tracks include real world location spanning from real race courses such as Indianapolis, Suzuka, Daytona, Silverstone, Laguna Seca, and the Nurburgring. City tracks, such as New York, Tokyo, Barcelona, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, London, Seoul, Dubai, and San Francisco, and original tracks, such as the Bernese Alps, Maple Valley, and Fujimi Kaido (I think it is) all with dynamic weather and time of day.

Now for characters, I mostly would go for what I would think look capable enough to driving a car in general. Initial D is a good example because that anime is centered around cars and racing.

I’m back, with some more ideas for the Forza Motorsport/Horizon crossover game.

Now, with the racing itself, the handling can be a sim racer while not being too overwhelming for a casual player to pick up on. Assists can help the player get better control of their vehicle, but can turn them off if they are looking for a challenge. Player can race against the different anime, cartoon, and video game characters as mentioned, but track can also be populated with drivatars that mimic the behavior of other players.

Different race types help break from the standard racing. Here are some new ones. Head-to-head races which are just as the name suggest, Elimination where the driver in last place is continually eliminated every 20 seconds, Lap Knockout which is just as the name suggests, and drift contests where the goal is to gain the most points by linking together drift combos.

Cars can be fully detailed, and explored in ForzaVista. Rewards for leveling up can be similar to Forza 4’s where each driver level you gain, grants you one of several gift cars to pick from with each level, and leveling up car affinity level for certain manufacturers increases the affinity level for that certain manufacturer giving discounts on cars and upgrades.

Turn 10, if you’re picking up on this, this is your plan for the next Forza game.

As for characters, feel free to post what you think about this crossover and what anime, cartoon, or video game character you like to see in it.

I am back after months hiatus to continue with ideas for the Forza crossover game. Now for the Horizon aspect of the crossover. Since Horizon is a spin-off set in an open world with a car appreciation/music festival theme, I couldn’t think of a better way of bringing different characters and cultures together.

Now, the location. The first Horizon was set in a fictionalized region of Colorado, and the second took place in the Italian countryside. This time around, the location will be set in Japan since that have been done yet. The region will have a small city where the festival itself takes place as well as villages, freeways and mountain roads for touge races.

After an introduction, players are immediately thrown behind the wheel and must drive to the Horizon festival to gain a spot there. This is essentially a method for players to get used to the controls. Upon arriving at the festival they can create their character (which I forgot to mention in the Motorsport crossover), as well as giving them a gender and voice. After players’ have created the character of their choosing, they can choose their starting car and drive to their first event. While there, they encounter characters from different franchises including Japanese anime, western cartoons, web comics, and video games who are also partaking in the festival. While free roaming, players will encounter these characters on the road and even take challenges from them.

In the game, players take part in different championships strewn together by different events. These events include closed-circuit races, street races with traffic, sprint races, and cross-country races. These events will be mixed up to include lap knockout, elimination, drift challenges where players have to earn points to win by pulling off drifts, head-to head races on mountain races where players must beat their opponent to the finish line while avoiding traffic, and team races where races are divided into two teams and the win goes to the team with the most points. Points are tallied up based the drivers’ overall finishing position. Like in Motorsport, players not only race against characters from different franchises but also drivatars which mimic the characteristics of other real life players. Players can adjust different difficulty settings and disable assists to fit their play-style. Doing certain feats such as linking drifts, making near misses, gaining the big air earns the players skill points, and earning enough skill points grants players perk points and with these perk points can be spent on passive abilities such as gaining more xp from drafting and so on.

Completing events earns players experience and by earning enough experience grants players credits and reward cars with each level gained. Completing championships earn players wristbands which in turn unlock more championships and also a step closer to the Horizon Finale. After completing a championship, players take part in road trips to the next area to do another championship. While in between each races players can take part in different showcase events where players race against different opponents including jets, helicopters, boats, and a bullet train.

While not racing, players can explore the landscape of Japan and enjoy the scenery and goof about however they please. Besides races, players can also partake in different side activities. These include bucket list challenges where players drive different cars to complete different benchmarks including finishing under a certain time, maintaining top speed, or gaining a certain number of skill points, smashing various signs for xp bonus as well as discounts for cars, upgrades, and travel, and barn finds where players scout an area in a hunt for rare cars. While driving players can listen to different radio stations which vary from hip hop, rock, techno, indie, country, classical and Japanese cultural music.

Finally the car list. This Horizon iteration will feature up to 400 cars including rare classics, retro and modern American muscle, Japanese tuners, European exotics, coupes, roadsters, sedans, off-roaders, trucks, and hypercars. Mainly cars for open road cruising.

Now finally the title of the Forza Motorsport crossover will be Forza Autosport. And the Horizon crossover will be called Forza Beyond Horizon. Now here are the cover cars for each game. Starting with the Forza Autosport cover car:

Now here’s the cover car for Forza Beyond Horizon:

Now here are my choice of drivers for the crossover and I might also add in cars I’d imagine seeing them driving. These are my thoughts, and not all people will agree with me so here they are:

• Takumi Fujiwara from Initial D -1985 Toyota Sprinter Treuno (AE86)
  • Keisuke Takahashi from Initial D - 1997 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
  • Mako Sato and Sayuki from Initial D - 1998 Nissan Sileighty
  • Kei Nagase from Ace Combat
  • Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer
  • Keitaro Urashima from Love Hina - 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Red)
  • Kagome Higurashi from Inuyasha - 1997 Acura NSX (Red)
  • Nana ‘Hachi’ Komatsu from NANA - 1997 Mitsubishi GTO (Blue)
  • Bloom from Winx Club
  • Mai Valentine from Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Rena Hayami from R Racing Evolution
  • Gina Cavalli from R Racing Evolution
  • Shaggy from Scooby-Doo
  • Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach
  • Reina Todoroki from Kanojo No Carrera (My Favorite Carrera) (manga) - 1992 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera RS, 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet, 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach Package
  • Ryouko Shino from Over Rev (manga) - 1986 Toyota MR2, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Blue), 2006 Koenigsegg CCX (Silver), 2005 Ford GT (Blue)
  • Lara Croft from Tomb Raider (2013)
  • Cindrella from Disney’s Cinderella
  • Mulan from Disney’s Mulan
  • Jessie from Pokemon
  • Lili Rochefort from Tekken
  • Nina Williams from Tekken
  • Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo
  • Paruko Kirishima from Kanojo No Carrera (My Favorite Carrera) (manga) - 1999 Ferrari 360 Modena, 2014 Ferrari Laferrari, Any Ferrari
  • Haruka (Amara) Tenoh from Sailor Moon
  • Bulma Briefs from Dragon Ball Z
  • Akio Asakura from Wangan Midnight - 2010 Mclaren MP4-12C, 1993 Mclaren F1
  • Reina Akikawa from Wangan Midnight - 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder, 2011 Ferrari 458 Spider, 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • Gogo Tomago from Big Hero 6
  • Makoto Kikuchi from Idolmaster
  • Ritsuko Akizuki from Idolmaster
  • Miyuki Kobayakawa from You’re Under Arrest
  • Keiichi Morisato from Ah My Goddess
  • Sora Hasegawa from Ah My Goddess
  • Nathan Drake from Uncharted

That’s all there is for drivers. There are more drivers but those are all the drivers I can think of and list. Again, these are my thoughts. Now, all I am asking is a simple request for Turn 10 to make this dream a reality. Don’t get me wrong they will still be Forza games at heart, but with the lack of crossover games this generation this will be a system seller like Super Smash Bros. and Marvel vs. Capcom. I know not many people will agree with this but, can we all dream?

“What do you race for?” - Forza Autosport

“Go beyond your horizons!” - Forza Beyond Horizon

This post had just over 500 views! I’d just want to thank you all for the support and I have a feeling this project is getting somewhere. Please keep giving your support for this and please feel to submit your thoughts and character wishes.

I found some picks of characters in racing suits:

Keiichi Morisato and Belldandy from Ah My Goddess

I’m back from months hiatus since I was busy with other stuff. But without further ado, here are some new drivers for Forza Autosport:

• Takashi ‘Shiro’ Shirogane from Voltron: Legendary Defender
  • Cassie Cage from Mortal Kombat X
  • Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat X
  • Shun Sorayama from Countach (manga) - 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400, Any Lamborghini
  • Juri Tachibana from Countach (manga) - 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
  • Yuri Momose from Kanojo no Carrera (My Favorite Carrera) (manga) - 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV, Any Lamborghini
  • Kyouko Mizoroki from Kanojo no Carrera (My Favorite Carrera) (manga) - 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10
  • Takeshi Nakazato from Initial D - 1992 Nissan Skyline (R32) GT-R, 2008 Nissan GT-R
  • Kyoko Iwase from Initial D - 1997 Mazda RX-7
  • Lisa Williams from Sunstone (comic)
  • Elliot Torres from Blood Stain (comic)

I’m also changing the cover car for Forza Autosport to something a little more on the street:

Now I know this car was already on the cover of Forza 6, and I doubt Turn 10 would make it the cover car twice, but it would be a cool sight to start the game and driving the Ford GT through the streets of San Fransokyo or Paris.

Forza Autosport is the latest game in the Forza series for the Xbox One that features over 660 cars, over 35 different race locations. But what makes this different from other games in the series is that it features characters from various anime, manga, cartoons, and video game franchises.

Summary
As a new driver for the Forza Auto Racing Association (FARA), you will drive some of the fastest, and hottest cars and racing machines while encountering some competition on your way from becoming amateur scrub, to racing superstar.

Career
The single player career is centered around the player’s driver progression. After creating a driver, and choosing a first car, you can choose one of the three events based on the car they picked. The starting cars include Ford Ka, Volkswagen Fox, Nissan Micra, and Citroen C1.

After completing the first race, the rest of the career becomes available, some events are unavailable until the player reaches a certain driver level. Players can name their own race team even choosing their team colors, make their emblem and race number. Before each race, players can converse with some of the other drivers while on track, causing too many aggressive moves during a race will cause that driver to become a rival. Most races not only feature other characters, but also drivatars that mimic the characteristics and behavior of other players. If an opponent has a higher performance index than yours or is at a higher class, players can upgrade their cars to make it more competitive instead of having them already upgraded by default. When not in a race players can look at messages, and take interviews with different dialogue options to reflect their driver’s attitude.

Events themselves range from car class, to car type, manufacture, car family, engine type, body type, and car rivalries. Each event is narrated by either a professional race driver (Lewis Hamilton, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Josef Newgarden), the cast of History Channel’s Top Gear (Adam Fererra, Rutledge Wood, Tanner Foust) and the cast of Amazon’s Grand Tour (Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard hammond). Races also have players race through different conditions such as off-road, night, rain, and fog.

Also at any point during the career players can also partake in showcase events which highlights some major racing sports such as NASCAR, Indycar, Japan Super GT, and Formula One. Plus, when players reach a new driver level, they can pick one of several gift cars for free, and increasing a manufacturer’s affinity level not only grants players a small handful of credits but also discounts on cars and upgrades with that particular manufacturer.

Race Types

• Race - players race a in a full grid to finish first
  • Live Routes - these are only featured on city tracks. Here, different junctions and turns randomly open at will. Minimap is unavailable here
  • Time Attack - players race a full grid with the goal of not finishing first, but to set the fastest lap time throughout the whole race. Driver with the fastest lap time wins
  • Head-to-Head - a classic one on one race
  • Elimination - a clock counts down and if the timer reaches zero, the driver in last place is instantly eliminated. This continues until one driver remains
  • Touge - a point-to-point race in which two drivers race to reach the finish line first or win by gaining a five second lead
  • Rally - a point-to-point off-road race where the goal is to get the shortest time

Tracks
World Circuits

• Suzuka Circuit
  • Daytona International Speedway
  • Brands Hatch
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Willow Springs
  • Silverstone Circuit
  • Nurburgring
  • Hockenheimring
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • Road Atlanta
  • Dubai Autodrome
  • Yas Marina Circuit
  • 24 hours of Le Man Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Circuit de Catalunya
  • Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca
  • Road America
  • Watkins Glen International
  • Homestead Miami Speedway
  • Virginia International Raceway
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • Twin Ring Motegi Circuit
  • Circuit of the Americas
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Mugello Circuit
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Long Beach
  • Mount Panorama Circuit
  • Fuji Speedway
  • Leipzig Test Track

City Circuits

• New York
  • Barcelona
  • Chicago
  • Rio de Janeiro
  • Prague
  • Paris
  • London
  • Dubai
  • Tokyo
  • Osaka
  • San Francisco
  • Seattle
  • Miami
  • Montreal
  • Seoul
  • Melbourne
  • Long Beach
  • Detroit
  • Washington D.C.

Off-Road

• Senora Valley
  • Tahiti
  • South America
  • Grand Canyon
  • Finland
  • Swiss Alps
  • Morocco
  • Poland

Original Circuits

• Bernese Alps
  • California Coast
  • Maple Valley Raceway
  • Fujimi Kaido
  • Rally di Positano
  • Sunset Peninsula Raceway
  • Sedona Raceway Park
  • Camino Viejo de Montserrat
  • Pacific Shipyards
  • Okayama Shipyards

Drivers

• Rena Hayami - R Racing Evolution
  • Gina Cavalli - R Racing Evolution
  • Takumi Fujiwara - Initial D
  • Keisuke Takahashi - Initial D
  • Mako Sato and Sayuki - Initial D
  • Reiko Nagase - Ridge Racer
  • Kei Nagase - Ace Combat
  • Keitaro Urashima - Love Hina
  • Keiichi Morisato - Ah My Goddess
  • Tenchi Masaki - Tenchi Muyo
  • Haruka Tenoh - Sailor Moon
  • Ichigo Kurosaki - Bleach
  • Nana ‘Hachi’ Komatsu - NANA
  • Meryl Strife - Trigun
  • Bloom - Winx Club
  • Shaggy - Scooby Doo
  • Jerrica Benton - Jem and the Holograms
  • Cinderella - Disney’s Cinderella
  • Mulan - Disney’s Mulan
  • Mai Valentine - Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Bulma Briefs - Dragon Ball Z
  • Leni Loud - The Loud House
  • Lori Loud - The Loud House
  • Reina Todoroki - Kanojo no Carrera (My Favorite Carrera)
  • Paruko Kirishima - Kanojo no Carrera (My Favorite Carrera)
  • Kagome Higurashi - Inuyasha
  • Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop
  • Ryoko Shino - Over Rev
  • Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
  • Jessie - Pokemon
  • Kurz Weber - Full Metal Panic
  • Miyuki Koboyakawa - You’re Under Arrest
  • Takashi ‘Shiro’ Shirogane - Voltron: Legendary Defender
  • Sora Hasegawa - Ah My Goddess
  • Akio Asakura - Wangan Midnight
  • Reina Akikawa - Wangan Midnight
  • Nina Williams - Tekken