FH5 Rally Adventure expansion now available

Yeah,thats how i’d gauge it too.That quarry is huge but only a smallish part of the Rally map.Whilst it’s a little bit samey i’m quite happy with it as an expansion tbh

Edit:

Look at how long the big quarry elevator is in the picture and the black line is how big it is on the map

So, comparing with Size comparison of Hot Wheels expansion relative to mainland Mexico it’s about the same area as Hot Wheels, maybe a bit more driving as you aren’t going to fall off the edges

It doesn’t feel like a “rally adventure”. :confused: Unless the racing is A++ there’s really not much to get me to go back. Too much asphalt.

2 Likes

Anti-lag, which is what the post you replied to referred to, is free for all users.

I was rather thinking about having fun on dirt roads in and around the quarry - and I see much bigger potential for it here than in FH4 :smile:

I wasn’t referring to anyone specifically, it’s just a statement that I’m seeing often throughout the web :wink:

To be honest, I was hoping for more unique environment for the second expansion too, but then I realized (while watching the stream) that PGG can make up for it with unique roads. Or at least uniquely looking, we’ll see how unique they actually feel after release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

PGG is my least favorite mode in the game, but it actually looks like it would be a lot of fun to play it here :smiley:

2 Likes

@T10ManteoMax Is that map size comparison accurate?

Just for clarification,i don’t think the comparison is accurate.The quarry conveyer i highlighted in the Rally map would only be half or even less of the length of the pyramid straight and that doesn’t seem right.

If the U turns are equivalent to the main map, the scale might be even more.

This is all based on assumption:
It is my belief that the map will be about twice the size of the comparison above. By the drag strip there are what looks like solar panels, if you compare them to the panels on the mainland theyre about half the size. The hairpin in the canyon on the dlc maps compared to the canyon hairpin on the mainland, again is about half the size and in the photos it seems to have roughly the same dimensions. Also the bike track if its accurate to the above comparison would be like a 3/4 mile long bike track, heck, ive seen bmx tracks longer than that

1 Like

It might be a fun map but it’s basically the same as FH1, 2 and 4’s rally expansions. So what’s the point?

1 Like

I think it’ll be a combination of dirt races and cross-country races, if the Hot Wheels expansion is anything to go by.

1 Like

If there a race combining CC & Dirt its gona be a new experience.

Interesting

I didn’t mean I expected them to combine the race types, just that I expected both race types on the new map.

2 Likes

There’s not a lot of difference between the two. Really. Just throw in a few grassy patches on a dirt race. Or a few dirt trails on a grassy race. Doesn’t take an engineering degree in computer science to cut and paste those changes in a graphics program.

1 Like

Looking at the map it seems we won’t get any type of circuit racing (road or dirt). This may be fun for a one-time playthrough, but almost no replay value.

What’s the point of this? Is it going to be like an autocross track? Like the old track back in FM1? That might be cool. Especially given it’s dirt.

1 Like

Maybe for the Sierra and Polaris cars. Or maybe PGG has a huge surprise for us??

1 Like

Aahahahaha! :rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl:

You make me laugh! That huge surprise is they actually did design something from the ground up, brand new to Forza. And that was a bike track we can’t use because WE DON’T HAVE ANY BIKES!

3 Likes

But asphalt racing is rally racing. Practically half of the WRC calender is asphalt racing. As long as it’s not a track (ie a real road) it’s a potential rally track.

@ziperrPL few to no circuits is also true to rally racing. The only circuits in rally are super special stages (actual name not being coy) and there is at most one super special stage per rally, if any at all, out of 10+ stages.

4 Likes