FH5 Rally Adventure expansion now available

This was my first impression too, but then I thought that the Goliath on these twisty roads should be satisfyingly long even when compared to the main map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Double the social media engagement :smirk:

2 Likes

On the contrary. This looks bigger than past expansions to me.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing!..lol. And Some were worried that there wouldn’t be any. :rofl:

2 Likes

The only thing I’m remotely excited about so far are new tracks. New tracks which could have otherwise been added to the main map.

2 Likes

Here’s our blog on the biomes in Rally Adventure, with 8k image of the map:

PUEBLO ARTZA

Several cars and buggies drive through the town of Pueblo Artza with orange and white Horizon Festival race flags, as well as orange, yellow and white buildings, rocky terrain in the background, and a helicopter in the sky.

Let’s start with the quaint town of Pueblo Artza. It’s located in the heart of Sierra Nueva and surrounded by tall, lush hills and spectacular rock formations. Some say the views from those cable cars are impressive, but they’re not bad from the asphalt either.

DESERT GORGE

A u-shaped road in the Desert Gorge full of towering canyon rocks.

Asphalt Rally drivers, are you ready to tackle the technical roads of the Desert Gorge? This canyon is the perfect location to hear the echoing pops and bangs from your anti-lag turbocharger! Here you will find incredible scale views, swirling roads, massive rock formations patterned with unique striations, and a terrain engraved with a unique personality thanks to its Horizon-inspired murals. Drive on the wooden bridge and enter Photo Mode so you can capture the details up close!

GREEN HILLS

A view stretching out for miles of open spaces in the Green Hills full of vibrant plant life, towering rock terrain and a crystal-clear stream of water.

Gaze ahead to the distance for miles of untamed open spaces in the Green Hills, full of vibrant plant life, towering rock terrain and a crystal-clear stream of water. We don’t anticipate it to remain that way for long however, especially once your muddy tires drive through it! Here you will also find a massive dam and reservoir, as well as a nearby asphalt drag strip so you can practice Launch Control.

PALM FOREST

Glistening waterfall rains down from a high ridge with a flowing stream through the high vegetation Palm Forest.

Here’s a fun challenge: Can you smash down every tree in our Palm Forest? With plenty of nearby dirt trails primed for dust kicking and a beautiful, large waterfall and stream located off the beaten path, this biome is always a sight to behold!

ABANDONED QUARRY

Abandoned Quarry featuring machinery, sloped terrain, piles of dirt and dump trucks.

Take your best stunt vehicle to Orogrande as this Quarry is about to feel a massive shake-up once the Horizon Rally drivers blitz their way through the machinery, sloped terrain and piles of dirt. Some may call it reckless, but this is Sierra Nueva. Just watch out for the dump trucks!

RUGGED DUNES

Rugged Dunes environment with some plant life dotted throughout.

You’ll need to schedule a visit to the car wash after crossing the Rugged Dunes. With sand everywhere, tires carve into the terrain, leaving a distant trail behind them. You’ll also find deformable sand roads interwoven with pre-deformed tire tracks, as well as some hidden surprises, including a Bike Track ideal for short-burst Trophy Truck racing and the small town of Cráteres Secos nestled within a large crater!

GET YOUR RALLY ADVENTURE STARTED

Dusty trails scatter a winding dirt road in the Palm Forest, covered in trees and greenery.

Can’t wait until March 29 to jump into Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure? Check out the Horizon Wilds Takeover where you can enjoy off-road racing action around Mexico and unlock new rally cars, buggies and trucks to ensure a great start once you arrive in Sierra Nueva.

7 Likes

Whoever said the quarry is recycled from FH4 should take a look at this:

This place is huge! :smiley:

3 Likes

Idk still not impressed by the blog. To me the map has the obvious same look and feel of Mexico, just different turns.

I think I would be 10x more excited if features from this new map were added to the base map. For instance I would love to see the quarry added to the base map, possible somewhere in the mid so that it features in races and the eliminator just like in FH4.

I’m also a little intrigued to learn more about “deformable dirt roads”. So can we alter the roads we drive on to impact other players and if so how???

3 Likes

Ok. Rugged dunes looks IDENTICAL to dunas blancas and the desert gorge hairpin looks IDENTICAL to the hairpin in the canyon on the main map. Im starting to think when FH6 cones out theyre just going to copy/paste the map like what ubisoft did with far cry primal

7 Likes

Beautiful, truly beautiful.

Can’t wait to explore every place outside the roads and streets, and reach the edge of the map.

Drift every corner and turn on pavement.

Rush through trails on a B or A class classic rally car.

Take a tour in A class SUV or Pickup Truck to visit and photograph the interesting sights.

The 29th seems too faraway.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the quarry?

Thanks for sharing Max. As far as I’m concerned, I think it looks pretty awesome & looking forward to checking it out. (And please pass along continued appreciation for this NOT being Lego related in any form :+1:t2: :smile:)

2 Likes

Though it looks good, but no. The other images like the waterfall and palmtrees, the river on the west of the expansion map, and the U or V shaped dirt road in the last image.

1 Like

Rugged Dunes a.k.a. the skill farm.

1 Like

Deleted

4 Likes

It reflects throughout FH5. And I fear it will reflect throughout the new Motorsport. The Forza franchise doesn’t show signs of thinking outside of their tiny little forza box. The franchise desperately needs new ideas.

The new Motorsport will be just fine is nothing from previous versions of Forza carries over. Paints, Tunes, nothing. If it’s truly built new from the ground up it should be “NEW from the ground up”.

I don’t have high expectations for this rally expansion. Heck, I don’t really even have low expectations for the expansion.

3 Likes

So… no circuits? Maybe 1-2 up north?
Unless map is very small or we will finally get longer tracks, which I think is highly doubtful.
I’m kind of sad about it, but not surprised.

2 Likes

It is not free for Standard users, US$19.99.

Dirt racing usually include mix of pavement and dirt trails. Any mix of orange and white lines can become a circuit.

Yeah, I know. My bet is that there would be 2 in north and 1 south (yellow and green). I did mark the blue one too (only road), but if my inheadmapscalling ( :wink: ) works correctly it would be around 2min/lap, which I don’t think will happen.

PS. someone on reddit posted comparison of maps. IMO “rally” map is too small here. My bet would be that airfield will be a around length of the straight near/between Teotihuacan temples. So 25% bigger?

3 Likes