FFB default and 'recommended' forces are WAY too strong (TX wheel and XBOne)?

With the default settings, and other settings I have tried the FFB forces are so strong it takes a ton of effort to even turn the wheel from center. I tried the following settings (from FOOT) as well with the same results.

STEERING DEADZONES 0/100
VIBRATION 50
FFB 65
DOR 780
LINEARITY 50
FFB UNDERSTEER 5
FFB MINUMUM 100
WHEEL DAMPER 10
CENTER SPRING 50

With most of the settings dialed down to near zero the wheel feels more ‘normal’ but then of course there is not much feedback as to what is actually going on with the car. I had the same problems with the previous Forza games as well, had to dial the forces way down compared to what others were reporting that they used.

I have a Thrustmaster TX wheel with the latest drivers.

Starting to wonder if either I have a base with stronger than normal FFB, if everyone else finds having a wrestling match with their wheels actually enjoyable, or if there is some way to ‘dial down’ the wheel that I haven’t found yet.

Edit:
Took a car out for a test drive and played with the different parameters. Basically the only thing that helps is bringing the main FFB setting down to a very low setting. That makes the wheel manageble but effectively reduces FFB down to just barely passing actual feedback.