Expansion 2 or 3 proposal - FH3 map

With the amount of open space on the Forza Horizon 3 map this would make a great place for making new tracks etc

Horizon 3 had the best map design by far, it felt so realistic and natural to drive around.

1 Like

As much as I would love a remastered map from previous games, and have said so in the past. I think I would prefer Horizon 1 and/or 2 first. Horizon 3 down the road, definitely, yes please. But for the time being, it’s still getting some limited back-end support, while the older games seem to be hit or miss, if at all. But that’s just me. If they do Horizon 3 first, I’d be happy with that too.

Also, for the second expansion, I think I’d rather have something new. I’d like to see remastered maps, but if they’re going to do that, I think it would be better as a future expansion, or a kind of map-pack that’s purchased separately, rather than the forthcoming expansion that we’ve already paid for with the Ultimate Edition.

I’m sure they are deep in development of expansion 2 and probably have been for some time. It’s very unrealistic what you are asking for.

Not happening, bro. Sorry. For one, it’d be too big. Expansions tend to be smaller. Also, Expansions tend to still echo the country the current game is set in. Even Horizon 3’s Blizzard Mountain still had Australian trees to maintain the connection.

Future titles/expansions should not be remakes. Instead they should sell remastered versions of old titles/expansions in 4k if there’s a demand. All new horizon titles/expansions should be just that… New… Not remakes or remastered versions.

Honestly if they re-released FH3 with updated physics and a few other minor tweaks/bug fixes, I’d be a very happy camper, but obviously licensing would be a big thing preventing that. Probably not worth the time and effort that would be needed to re-license the location and update it.

Plus there was the fact that FH3 only had tarmac, not tarmac, not tarmac with stuff, and water splash as unique surfaces. And there was the often confusing design language of what would or wouldn’t break on that map. Bringing an old map up to date seems nice and easy, but really gets complicated and work heavy in the details.

I would not be shocked to find out that a whole new map is in fact easier.

Why do we keep circling back to this? It’s not something they will do.