Exchange of custom road racing routes

Personally I love to do actual racing in Forza Horizon 5. I know a lot of people are complaining about the “boring” point-to-point races in Super 7 and want super intricate, custom builds. And when you look for custom Blueprint events for racing, most of what you get is these “Easy Money” events or something silly where you race through dinosaurs and bowling pins, or make jumps off of ramps, which no car would ever survive.

The above is not what I am looking for. However, if you have some cool, custom made, road racing routes that just simply are enjoyable to race, then please do share them here! I would love to try out other people’s races, but finding the proper ones through the game’s UI is sadly improbable at best.

I have made some routes myself. I do not claim them to be the best racing routes that you will find, but I have enjoyed racing them myself. I generally try to guide racers in the right direction with walls and signs, but that is the extend of my ‘customization’. You’ll find no crazy jumps, no wrecking of props and no getting-blown-into-the-air-by-giant-fans in these ones, I promise! Most of them are circuit races that are somewhere between 10-15 km pr. lap and usually runs for 7-13 laps. I generally aim for the races to take about 20 minutes in an S1 car. That isn’t a requirement for your track. As long as it is good racing, add it to this thread!

Event Name - Share Code - Laps - Season - Time of day - Weather - # of Drivatars - Car Restrictions

“Cool Dog” - 121 810 611 - 10 Laps - Storm - Early afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - GT Cars Open
“Cool Dog” - 157 005 052 - 3 Laps - Storm - Sunset - Light precipitation - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Benign Bison” - 144 867 796 - 10 Laps - Wet - Late afternoon - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Extreme Track Toys Open
“Benign Bison” - 109 257 097 - 3 Laps - Storm - Evening - Gale - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Camel Snake” - 354 197 687 - 5 Laps - Dry - Morning - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - GT Cars S1
“Camel Snake” - 209 789 048 - 2 Laps - Storm - Night - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Plump Bird” - 985 654 469 - 7 Laps - Dry - Morning - Clear - 11 Drivatars - GT Cars Open
“Plump Bird” - 167 358 420 - 3 Laps - Dry - Dawn - Gale - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Skywatcher” - 162 119 331 - 5 Laps - Dry - Early afternoon - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Hyper Cars Open
“Skywatcher” - 423 950 254 - 2 Laps - Wet - Sunset - Heavy precipitation - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Guard Dog” - 593 246 592 - 5 Laps - Dry - Morning - Clear - 11 Drivatars - GT Cars Open
“Guard Dog” - 398 988 689 - 2 Laps - Dry - Late afternoon - Cloudy post-rain - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“The Elf” - 151 005 156 - 10 Laps - Hot - Late afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Extreme Track Toys Open
“The Elf” - 397 243 293 - 3 Laps - Hot - Sunset - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Harry” - 590 600 394 - 10 Laps - Hot - Late afternoon - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes S1
“Harry” - 113 735 194 - 3 Laps - Wet - Sunset - Clear post-rain - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Surfs Up” - 683 769 547 - 0 Laps - Wet - Evening - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Triceratops” - 128 562 077 - 12 Laps - Wet - Morning - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Triceratops” - 906 255 860 - 4 Laps - Dry - Late afternoon - Overcast - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Bouquet” - 167 558 438 - 13 Laps - Wet - Late afternoon - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Bouquet” - 965 247 988 - 4 Laps - Hot - Night - Cloudy post-rain - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Hookfang” - 658 858 187 - 8 Laps - Storm - Late afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Hookfang” - 181 619 732 - 3 Laps - Wet - Early afternoon - Clear post-rain - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

4 Likes

Just adding a few new tracks that I’ve made.

Event Name - Share Code - Laps - Season - Time of day - Weather - # of Drivatars - Car Restrictions

“Space Pistol” - 391 696 432 - 7 Laps - Storm - Morning - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Space Pistol” - - 3 Laps - Wet - Sunrise - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Grumpy Gorilla” - 153 663 962 - 7 Laps - Dry - Morning - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Grumpy Gorilla” - 306 168 246 - 3 Laps - Hot - Evening - Heavy precipitation - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Mad Marge” - 103 418 220 - 11 Laps - Storm - Early afternoon - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Mad Marge” - 164 974 957 - 4 Laps - Dry - Sunset - Clear post-rain - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Rabid Rodent” - 475 595 563 - 7 Laps - Storm - Morning - Overcast - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Rabid Rodent” - 879 902 433 - 3 Laps - Wet - Early afternoon - Fog - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

Dude, I tried many custom routes and your routes are some of the best what I found. But why they are so long?! 10 laps is too much for 12km ring. Too bad you don’t have a shorter version of these routes with only 2-3 laps.
If I can have a complaint about your tracks, it’s:

• bad racing line for AI, they driving like retarded in the middle of the road. If you don’t want to make a correct racing line, its better turn off the AI completely
  • time and weather settings - everywhere is the same, boring, eyes burning sun. Try to be more creative. Racing in the early evening under cloudy skies will give better atmosphere for race

Finally, if I can recommend an interesting custom track, try 376 731 720 (I found it on reddit, it’s not my track)

Thanks for your input! I am glad you like my routes. I really wish people could use custom routes to set up their own Blueprint events, doing however many laps they want. And choose the weather settings, etc.

Personally, I enjoy these long races, so that’s why my Blueprints are set to that. I want enough laps that I can have at least a few attempts at beating my own best lap time. I realize that’s now what everyone likes though, so it’d be great if people could change that on their own. That being said though, if there are certain routes of mine you would want a different Blueprint event for, just let me know. I can customize an event to your liking and post the share code here. Shouldn’t be too much trouble.

I can also disable the AI if you like. I realize they are pretty bad for my routes. When I make the routes, I drive at pretty low speeds and keep mostly to the middle of the road, simply because it’s easier to place checkpoints. I don’t really care much about the AI, since I mostly drive to beat my own time. Honestly, the only reason I have the AI turned on is to see if I can take them by one lap, although that happens very rarely :smiley: And also, to a smaller degree, because I occasionally get to race cars I haven’t yet photographed for the Horizon Promo. Just having a full race grid at the start heightens the chance of a new car showing up.

I will check out that track you shared next time I get in the game, so thanks for sharing! And again, let me know if you want me to set up a custom Blueprint event to your wishes for any of my routes.

Turns out it isn’t as easy as I thought to just edit the Blueprint events a little. Any change to a Blueprint requires a new test drive, so it does take a little bit to make these updates. However, I’ve edited my first post to add some variations of my events that has fewer laps and a bit more variety in terms of weather and time of day. They still all have Drivatars, but I am planning to make some without Drivatars too.

Thanks for update. I appreciate you taking advantage of my suggestions. I think that shortened route variants will be more acceptable for most players. I agree that the game lacks the possibility of individual settings for custom routes. I also dont understand why the racing line isnt saved during the test drive. It doesnt make sense to save it when placing checkpoints.
Are you planning shorter variants for other routes as well? I would appreciate a shorter variant of Mad Marge, it is a very good track fully comparable to the best original tracks from the PG. You have a feeling for the decent use of concrete barriers in critical sections.
AI is generally not such a big problem, they can be overtaken during the first few corners and the rest of the race is calm from them.

If you would like to compare some times during my routes testing:
Bouquet - Zonda Cinque - 2:09,609
Harry - Huracan Performante - 2:18,513
Mad Marge - 2016 GT3RS - 1:21,440
Triceratops - 2017 Nissan GT-R - 1:56,508
The Elf - 2016 Viper ACR - 1:57,456

These are not peak times, just a quick attempt in 3-4 laps. I tried a clean race without contact with the walls and without cutting corners off the asphalt (Keyboard, STM/TCR off, ABS on, AT, Simulation). Cars in default.

Keep up the good work. I hope that more players will appreciate these great routes instead of hundreds “10SP in 1 minute” sh1ts.

Yes, I would love for this to at least be an option. It makes much more sense for road racing events that you could “teach” the AI by actually racing your track afterwards. I guess the reason it’s not like this by default is for all those people who make routes that doesn’t follow the roads. But yes, it would be nice to have a tick box or something where you could choose to make your event test the one that teaches the AI how to drive.

I just updated the second batch of routes to have shorter variants as well. That includes Mad Marge. I hope a four lap race will suit you :slight_smile:

Thank you. I spent a lot of time on that, so I am happy you appreciate it. Honestly, I am happy you see all those barriers and stuff at all. When I replay my events locally, it has happened more than once that all the stuff I placed on the route doesn’t appear. Only checkpoints show up. That is pretty annoying and I hope that people who play my events will actually see all the stuff I spent so much time at placing.

Another annoying thing is that it is apparently not possible to go back and view your fastest laps on custom routes?! For the PG routes you can always check the Rivals leaderboard, but I don’t think there’s any option like that for custom routes - which means that unless you write down your times after each race, your times are lost forever. Yet another silly thing…

Anyway, I tried to race a few of the tracks you posted times for, just to see what sort of times I’d get. Wasn’t sure what PI the cars you used had, so I took some S1 cars for my attempts (both of them tuned to max within S1 though). I am racing with a Logitech G920 wheel and pedals and with the following settings: ABS off, simulation steering, traction control on, stability control off, manual shifting, no driving line. These are my times:

Mad Marge - Chevrolet Camaro '18 (S1:900) - 1:16:076
Triceratops - Aston Martin Vantage '16 (S1:900) - 1:43:386

The Vantage is probably my favourite car in the game, because of its magnificent handling. I drive that a lot! But for Mad Marge I thought I’d try a different car, so grabbed the Camaro. It also handles well, but it lacks in speed. I think I can do a better time on Mad Marge if using i.e. my Vantage. An attempt for another day perhaps :slight_smile:

I made three new tracks. I honestly don’t really like Prancing Pony too much myself. A bit too many corners it turned out. Broken Snail turned out really nice though I think. Been racing that quite a lot.

“Prancing Pony” - 142 911 682 - 8 Laps - Hot - Morning - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Prancing Pony” - 182 935 832 - 3 Laps - Wet - Sunset - Overcast - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Broken Snail” - 146 351 254 - 9 Laps - Hot - Late afternoon - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Broken Snail” - 154 305 456 - 6 Laps - Wet - Early afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Easter Man” - 181 786 227 - 7 Laps - Wet - Morning - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Easter Man” - 794 280 580 - 3 Laps - Hot - Late afternoon - Gale - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

I’ve also made this document, for tracking my best lap times on the different tracks in different cars. Goes to show just how much different the car makes! I thought my Aston Martin Vantage was fast, but the time I gain by being able to take corners really fast in that one is lost by it’s lack in top speed, even on routes with few straights. So far it seems my best car (in the S1 class) is the Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4. It can be tricky to handle when exiting corners, but it’s very fast and quite responsive.

Thanks for next update, new routes are as always very good. Broken Snail especially. Im glad to see that you have also created shorter variants right away. About barriers or other user objects, I never had any problem with showing. Whether on your or someone elses routes.

Thank you for sharing your times too. My times are with cars in the default (means completely without any tuning, default PI), so it cant be compared much. I prefer driving cars as they are in reality. Especially dont like AWD convesions for RWD cars. But at least for inspiration :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve got to say that the time you set in the Zonda on Bouquet was very competitive, despite the car being at default. I couldn’t beat the time in my Aston Martin. It was only when I got into the Lamborghini Centenario that I managed to beat it and it wasn’t by much. Did it at 02:07:845.

“Bottoms Up” - 924 875 799 - 8 Laps - Wet - Late afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Bottoms Up” - 438 664 930 - 4 Laps - Hot - Early afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Ghost” - 802 707 890 - 7 Laps - Storm - Morning - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Ghost” - 138 654 188 - 4 Laps - Dry - Early afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

“Genie’s Bottle” - 499 487 199 - 7 Laps - Storm - Early Afternoon - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open
“Genie’s Bottle” - 178 277 620 - 4 Laps - Dry - Late Afternoon - Overcast - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

if you want i can upload some road custom races. But they will be simplish cus it seems like the more effort i put into a course the more chance it will fail.

I appreciate the high effort ones, so feel free to share if you have any :slight_smile: As I wrote in my original post, the most important part is that it is not all about crazy jumps or smashing through bowling pins. What I’ve discovered - somewhat recently - is that I enjoy when the route is somewhat restricted. In that I prefer there isn’t many options of “cutting corners”. I am actually considering redoing some of my earlier routes because of that. Even when I race those earlier routes of mine myself, and I try to be “fair” and not cut corners, it’s still tempting to do so and it can be difficult to not drive a bit more off track than you should. So that’s what I’m trying to prevent when I make routes now, by creating barriers in the right places.

All this just to say that if your routes are just basically checkpoints placed along the road, then I’m not super interested personally. I prefer something that is a bit more “race track” like. That is not to say that others aren’t interested though, so if you feel like sharing, please do.

Dirt track 1 min 20sec per lap. Share code 129-749-915 Road race 1min 5 sec per lap. Share code 117-379-534. Both track have a lot of added pieces. I tried to play this online today with my friend and none of the pieces loaded. Not sure if thats a thing when you play solo but hopefully everything loads in.

Edit - I built alot of trackmania courses so no you wont be cutting corners.

Flippin’

160 973 569 - 7 Laps - Hot - Sunrise - Cloudy - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

158 007 404 - 4 Laps - Wet - Sunset - Clear - 11 Drivatars - Anything Goes Open

Registered an account just to say ‘Thank You’ for making these!

Greetings,

now that the Editor somewhat works (the props are still missing every second race which makes the chicanes somewhat useless and is not a small embarassment if you have friends invited to race) I would like to introduce a classic car (my favorite kind of car in FH5) dirt track circuit on top of the volcano.

226 539 887

The original idea was to have a race in the snow on a level road which is hard to come by in Mexiko, hence the track up there.
The snow track share code is 422 481 961 but it turns out, most friends prefer sunny weather. :-}
A round takes about 3 minutes with a Classic Rallye car in A800. Power at S1 900 or above I do not recommend, you overshoot the jumps massively.

A litttle annoying thing I so far have found no solution for:
If you pass the goal at the beginning of lap 2, you will be notified that you alledgedly missed a checkpoint (you didn’t, drive on, message disappears).
This message will also pop up crossing the finish line. Sorry about that.
I suspect it has to to with putting a circuit track on the startpoint of an original sprint race (volcano scramble) and probably overlapping start and end checkpoints.

Cheers.

Thanks for sharing! I don’t do dirt races very often, but I might make an exception to try this one out :wink: Looks well done, based on the screenshots.