EventLab Prop Percentage Issue | [See post #23]

INTRODUCTION

Hello,
For those of you who don’t know I am a passionate FH5 player when it comes to EventLab which was first introduced in FH5. The concept of EventLab is to freely allow the player to create their wildest dreams and imaginations within the game allowing players to drive and explore their creations.

This can vary from photo maps, urban cities, custom maps created from scratch using no existing placed props in the FH5 world.

ABOUT EVENTLAB

The Forza Horizon 5 Editor currently revolves around what’s called “prop percentage” this is a bar within the game which starts at 0% when there are no player placed props in the editor and the scale ends at 100%.

Having such a large budget has allowed creations which baffle the mind, The Forza community is a creative powerhouse HOWEVER these updates to EventLab seem to be supressing these creations by lowering the maximum prop percentage allowed within the editor.

THE ISSUE

Since the February 2023 update was downloaded by the community everyone’s current projects have been seriously effected and in some instances will end up being abandoned

Please see examples below to see how events have now been effected, this is only a select handful picked out as an example compared to how many people in the community have been effected by this change.

120 002 688 – 97% > 150%
170 427 185 – 84% > 102%
818 927 938 – 92% > 130%
253 482 079 – 47% > 70%
444 821 825 – 47% > 70%
118 454 047 – 100% > 119%
526 233 020 – 100% > 140%
592 423 026 – 100% > 141%
287 311 564 – 100% > 172%
170 908 487 100% > 144%

HOW THIS EFFECTS THE COMMUNITY

Players who partake in creating EventLabs typically spend 20, 40, 80 hours on just one creation alone, so as you can imagine if you’ve just dropped 80hours into something and it’s not completed yet to find out it will actually never be completed due to the change in percentage is heart breaking.

This section of the community isn’t just your average pick up and play a couple races player base. These are people who dedicate their whole weeks & months to creating something in game for other players to enjoy.

IDEAL RESOLUTION

Whether this was an accidental miss-placed piece of coding or an intentional act to solve a potential EventLab issue revolving around game crashing or Lag etc…

The community would really like to know why this has happened and if they’ll ever be able to complete their EventLab masterpieces that they have spent countless hours on.

The outcome the community would like is to reset the prop counter back to the previous version as we should be encouraging players to create these amazing creations and not hold them back by dropping the prop counter and having them lose trust in the game and company.

Kind Regards
Twisted Knot | FCG Discord

1 Like

I’m someone that has put hundreds of hours into building in Eventlab, in fact my Factory Gymkhana was nominated for a Golden Tank. And featured on the Ken Block tribute video.

And I couldn’t agree with this post more with TwistedKnot. It’s explains exactly how I feel.

I too was someone that was already half way through a build which was 50% done with about 20 hours already committed to that project, when with the update yesterday, all the work goes up in smoke because it’s now over Prop budget. My budget was at 75% before that. As any good builder I take extensive care to manage a project so I know that I will be able to complete it.

To arbitrarily come along and suddenly change that yet again just seems like vandalism in my eyes, like taking 20 hours to paint a detailed painting for someone to come along with with a spray can and tag it without any regard for my work.

This is not the first time I’ve been hit with hours of loss of work because of changing prop budgets. There is a track that never worked with 60-70 hours work put into it. This latest change just brings back of having those 60-70 hours wiped from my life. Just work thrown away into the bin. Which is annoying, but I got over it and continued to dedicate my time to this.

The earlier ones I can honestly put down to teething problems with the system. But this one is just out of the blue. No warning. Nothing. When it all seemed to be working fine for everyone.

I know there isn’t a massive handful of use dedicated builders, but I’m getting to the point that I’m paranoid to build anything else unless it changes. I’m honestly feeling rather alienated as someone that PGG should be respecting (not just with awards), but with they way they deal with us.

Us core builders just seem be ignored, when we’re trying to build a community and make wonderful interesting and creative content for the game. And not being paid a dime for because we do it for the love of doing it.

We just need a little love coming back in the same direction! Otherwise we’ll probably find other creative games we can spend our countless hours creating content for.

That’s my 2p worth. Hope PGG are listening. We need to be respected.

Hope the prop part of this awful update gets roll back. Otherwise it’s time for my to get back to my library and reading. I’ll be done building. And that makes me sad because I’ve made some good friends through it. :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

One of the bigger reasons I continue to come to FH 5, rather than other games, is for the community built maps.
Loosing creators =Loosing maps
Loosing maps = Loosing players

I dont know the reasoning for lowering the budget, but it seems like a slap in the face to your community.

10 Likes

I been saying it since day 1… the developers do not want us being better than them, no matter what they publicly say to us. This isn’t the 1st EL issue we have had that pauses the entire building community. They’re keeping us in check.

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for dropping by. This isn’t fact as such and more of a fan theory i am not sure this would be the reason to cause this issue, they have created an award winning game which made millions, I don’t want to get anyones EGO inflated here. We are thankful for the feature in the game as they are thankful of what we create hence the Golden Tank awards amongst other things. (:

8 Likes

IF it has to do with old consoles, as someone who is still on an old device, while I’d love to be able to play EventLabs (currently all and any crash), I will openly say if it’s at the expense of the creator’s ability to create, then I am all for reverting back to how it was. I don’t speak for ALL old console users obviously, but this is where I stand. You Eventlab Creators put in too much work to have it broken just for those of us that are still on the old consoles - just my opinion.

4 Likes

Great point. when fh5 launched it was such a broken mess that don joewon song stopped playing and uploading videos. I feel that djs videos drew players into the game. I know in my fh4 days any time he uploaded a new vid i would jump back on. Making moves that detriment the content creators of the game is a real ‘shoot yourself in the foot’ type of move

3 Likes

Deleted

4 Likes

I guess I lucked out on this. My Brno Circuit remake was only at %52. I know it was actually closer to %73 as I closely kept track at the percentage bug as I continued to work on it.

OP, appreciate your efforts. You clearly have even more passion than me, in creating a “masterpiece” when it comes to a course.

My current “Horizon Illest Steel” remake jumped from %30 to %38 after the update, but that also was the bugged percentage number I had written down. Fortunately, I’m still early into it.

I wonder how difficult it would be to fix this without risking corruption of track saves. It does seem like this is an attempt to make it easier for last gen users to load these events.

All I know is that event lab didn’t work at all on my one S. My series X has no issues (yet).

3 Likes

This might sound a bit harsh and unpopular but I don’t think they should be holding back creators for people who are playing on hardware that is 10 years old. Try using a pc or a phone that’s 10 years old and see how that works out!

4 Likes

Doesnt help that multiple devs left… Ever walk in to a job that’s half finished and have to clean up after someone else and fix their mistakes?

2 Likes

Man I thought it was only happening to me. I’m happy to know that I am not alone with this problem. I am building a replica of a real life circuit, I just placed the road, curbs and some grandstands, not much else and my prop bar was at 85%. I logged yesterday to keep working on it and suddenly my props were at %100. I literally can’t place anything and it’s depressing me a lot. I hope this specific issue to be solved soon because otherwise I’m going to k**l myself.

1 Like

prop count before update 28th Feb - 98%
prop count after update 28th Feb - 151%

This means Eventlab now says prop limit reached and I can’t finish off my project which I’ve spent months on.

6 Likes

This looks amazing!

2 Likes

Blueprint memory size reduced 15%, rendering months of creation for many players. Shouldn’t the memory size have increased, since they’re adding more props? Thought the developers wanted us to go crazy with our imagination. Isn’t that the reason they gave for an empty Mexico?

• Forza Patriot
1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

About that

Plus, i don’t think he ever really stopped, outside of reeal-life complications

1 Like

He has said that he has had to stop work on his latest track (Dystopia Gardens, the follow up to Utopia Gardens) because the latest update has put him over the limit.

1 Like

I

Yep I was at ~80% before. Ive spent hours in it and now I cant do anything. In my opinion, event lab’s biggest problem is the % limit that can be easily reached with trees and decoration. Our creativity is very limited

2 Likes

Forza you can’t be taking away from eventlabs. If anything make it more viable.

1 Like