Environment - Disappearing / invisible tarmac on PC (1615983)

Is there a Day One Patch?

because:

Windows 11 Pro
Intel Core i9-12900k
2x 16,0 GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000-CL36
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E GAMING WIFI
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC

edit: its not the preview version

Thread moved to our Troubleshooting Hub. If you are affected by this issue click VOTE above the title and reply with the details of your setup and places where it occurs. Both video and text description will be helpful for the team.

6 Likes

Windows 11 Pro
Intel Core i9-13900k
2x 16 GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR5-6000-CL36
MSI z790 God Like
MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Supim

Happening on all tracks and also different barriers, props, and walls start disappearing.

edit…noticing other assets start not loading like loading screen pictures of circuit and other various things on driver standings after races, like track logo and weather.

10 Likes

Same problem here.
Online race, Laguna Seca, tarmac was invisible.
Qualified 3rd only to have the actual race not load properly.
Forced to quit race.

2 Likes

Having the same problem here randomly. Pc specs are i9 13900k, 32gb ddr5 6000 G.Skill, asus tuf z790 plus wifi mobo, asus tuf 4090 oc, windows 11. All drivers up to date, in game Ive got everything maxed out at 4k using dlss ultra quality. This gives me a smooth 100+ fps but every now and then the track textures and barriers just dissappear. Ive tried switching off dlss and using fsr and native, etc, it still does it randomly. And when it does do it, restart the race and it will be fine, till it randomly does it a few races later. Almost seems like a buffer overflow or something, or possibly a memory allocation error. Sometimes it might only be part of the track, other times its the entire track.

Happened to me as well. Windows 11, latest drivers and updates.

i7-12900k
MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X
Kingston 2x16gb DDR5-5200
and the game is on Corsair Force MP600 nvme.

First happened in the graphics benchmark scene, after that happened on Private Multiplayer with a friend on Le Mans on the long straight.

Same problem here. Also Win 11, latest drivers and updates.

i9-13900K
ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
2x16GB Corsair DDR5-5600
Running on Samsung nvme

Ram is set for factory defualt xmp profile and timings at 6000mhz. While it is odd that the 3 of us share same ram, I honestly dont think thats the issue. I can run various ram, cpu, and gpu benchmarks and load tests and system passes everything. I do have some corsair 5200mhz ram I could test though to eliminate the g skill ram as culprit.

Hi, I’ve been playing the new Forza Motorsport for a few hours. And a nasty bug from previous Forza games reappeared. The track just disappeared and wouldn’t appear again. Unfortunately I didn’t record a video or a screenshot, but instead restarted the game and now it’s fine. I know this has been reported before for previous games. And it was happening to me before with Forza Motorsport 7 as well.

I’m running i7-12900k with Nvidia RTX 4090, 32gb ram and the game is on Corsair Force MP600 nvme.

The way it happened:
I was playing builders cup. Then went into settings, changed render resolution to 150%, ran the benchmark a couple of times, and the track disappeared in one of the runs. Following runs were okay. But then I jumped in Private Multiplayer with a friend on Le Mans, just 2 cars. And the track disappeared on the long straight and never came back, I couldn’t finish the race.

If you need any further information, please let me know. I hope I never see this again, but at that point I am afraid it can happen in multiplayer and ruin my races.

2 Likes

This bug has already been reported. Please add your vote and information here:

2 Likes

Very first race at Laguna with the corsair 5200mhz ram and it did same thing. I even tried just one stick versus two sticks and still randomly does it. So i think its safe to say the g skill ram isnt the issue. Gonna play around and test some different older drivers from Nvidia and see if anything makes a difference. Its so random right now, I can play a few hours without any issues, then shut computer down and come back later to play and it does it every other track/race.

4 Likes

I paint my rims black but they don’t look it?

3 Likes

I eagerly anticipated the release of Forza, and it took approximately three hours to complete the download on my PC. Upon launching the game, I observed an initial issue with the rendering of tracks and surroundings intermittently appearing and disappearing, although the gameplay remained uninterrupted. For your reference, I have included the in-game settings and the specifications of my PC below:

Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): GeForce RTX 3060
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-12400F Hexa-core 2.50 GHz
RAM: 24GB
Display: 32" MSI Optix G32 single screen.

I have tried all setting on low,auto,mid,high and Ultra
Please help!

2 Likes

If you search for “Disappearing Track” on the forza reddit, you get quite a few reports of the same issue happening in FM7, FH5, FH4 and there are even mentions of this happening in FM6 and FH3. An example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/71csoz/forza_7_invisible_track_pc/

Some of the comments seem to mention the cards are running out of RAM/VRAM although I doubt that’s happening with the majority of people’s hardware here (4090s across the board :smile: ).

And I found a thread mentioning this was happening because their game was installed on a slow HDD. Mine is on a relatively good nvme, so I doubt that’s the problem either.

Unfortunately, I am afraid this won’t really get fixed if it’s been in Forza’s engine since FM6/FH3 :frowning: One can only hope. Please Turn 10, help us! We can provide more info and test things.

3 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. Barriers, light poles, signs, tarmac and buildings are disappearing and reappearing randomly. Makes the game totally unplayable. Tried rolling back the drivers and changing every graphical settings in-game, but the problem persists.

Specs:
Windows 10
i5-9600K
32gb RAM
Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER
Installed on WD Blue 2.5" Sata SSD

Tried both monitors: G-Sync enabled LG 34" Ultrawide 2560 x 1080 at 144hz and G-Sync enabled LG 32" 1440p

1 Like

Not a great start for me. This is with Nvidia RTX 4070, newest game ready driver and High graphics settings -

Here is a benchmark output with more details -

2 Likes

I’m having this problem as well. For me, the problem seems to occur after roughly 1.5 to 2 laps. Various “chunks” of the textures for the tarmac and scenery will fail to render, however the level geometry seems to still be intact and interacting as it should. This issue is occuring on 90% of races I’ve played so far, having struggled to the final race of the Practical Performance series in Builder’s Cup. System specs are:

Asus B550M Zaku Wifi

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

32GB (4x8) Crucial Ballistix @3600Mtps

Asus TUF RTX 3060

Game Pass version installed on an M.2 NVME drive, seperate from the OS

1080p 240hz display, bug occurs across all graphics settings tested.

Come on, T10. I’d really like to hope I didn’t just waste money on buying the Premium Add-Ons so I could get access to a game I can’t play.

4 Likes

Same issue, every setting on max also sudden FPS drops to half previous and it stays like that.

Windows 11 Pro
i7-13700kf
2x 16GB corsair DDR5
MSI RTX 4080

1 Like

I experience this same problem.

1 Like

13900k, 4090, maxed everything. DLSS Quality. Same issue.