Driving school or something similar for both beginners and pros

I think this fits best in accessibility.

Richard Burns Rally had a rally school.

Gt7 has licenses.

Next FM could do with something to help beginners learn to drive on a race track (and whatever new modes are coming!) , with progression from d level to X level cars

I wouldn’t deny this, too many people think that going straight on Monza T1 is the only way and that if anyone is better than them then they crash into someone who is trying to race peacefully

1 Like

Playing since FM3, for a long-time single player only (until FM6 as i remember). IMHO single player / career teaches you the wrong driving style. And when you start multi player, you will probably drive the same way.
IMHO nothing in FM teaches you how to do proper racing. How to behave on track, what sportsmanship is defined, what are the rules on track you need to know.

The game needs something that better prepares single players when they want to step forward to multi player.

And interestingly, if someone teaches this to you, also single player becomes more fun.

You cant expect tat racing games players are familar racing rules / behavior.

1 Like

I would like to see this implemented.
I would say the progression in the older games was a little better in terms of a single player where the driving school feature wasn’t necessary.
You’d go up gently through the classes, choosing what you wanted to race and felt comfortable with rather then being thrown in at the deeper end with a P/X class monster with barely any grip like in the newer games.

I attest, I’m not the best racer, and I’m not going to win any awards and barely any races. But I play to have fun with others and my friends.

Yikes, this was suggested last year? Revival time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

haah voted but surely we dont need a crashing school paid dlc.

1 Like

I’d like to be able to learn how to get better at approaching corners, how to drive manual, how to mitigate oversteer/understeer, etc. in-game instead of looking up videos online.

1 Like

Driving school should be added as soon as possible, this can be great especially for people who are new to forza motorsport. Things like braking, turning, etc might sound easy, but trust me, they are not… braking in each track and each car and each tune can be different and without any assist it can be difficult, but driving school can mzke things easier.

1 Like

Would be nice to have some licences for learners or just for a challenge or we could have some dedicated challenges aswell… not only like ‘complete this circuit in x amount of time’ but maybe ‘how far can you get on x amount of fuel around this circuit’ or maybe ‘do 2 laps of this circuit, 1st lap with fully tuned car, pit and then second lap with bone stock car and you get x amount of time’ or maybe 2 laps but you change tyres in between? Or maybe different weather conditions. GT7 had a really cool challenge where you drive a really powerful old LeMan car (really tail happy) on a track that has a dry line but the rest of the track is wet! So you put one wheel on the wet and your done! Anyway you can get really imaginative with the challeneges, use a range of cars, tracks, tyres, fuel, weather conditions EVERYTHING you have to make them fun and challenging.

2 Likes

Revival time !

Well… I want it to be implemanted and also mandatory before going to featured multiplayer (We can see things in featured multiplayer… We can believe we’re on Burnout)

By mandatory, I mean just the “basic” license (National B and A if I take a GT example) so just braking, taking a corner

It can help a lot the players and can bring some challenge/fun for the single player mode

1 Like