Championships in FH4

…what was I even thinking…at least we have clothes! How could PG fall this far…

1 Like

I’m personally digging the seasonal championships, they’re a less overwhelming proposition to me than having championships absolutely everywhere like before. Plus they force you into some vehicle types you may otherwise ignore which I really appreciate, while also giving you another reason to come back to the game regularly. Hopefully they do new ones for each new season and there aren’t repeats from this summer during the next summer season for example. They also have some bonus goals and rewards attached to make them more interesting, like wheelspins for beating specific AI levels in solo and coop, as well as rewards based on final standings in pvp. Although the coop and pvp rewards appear to be broken right now, never had any pay out.

Still hope it’s possible to make blueprint championships eventually so people can play exactly how they want, when they want, but so far I think the limited seasonal championship has been a change for the better. Blueprint championships would be great along with the Route Creator, one thing that really annoyed me with FH3’s championships was extreme repetition with the same circuits and routes again and again. Right now there’s still some variety because we haven’t exhausted all the content available yet, and by the time some do at the end of the month the Route Creator will be there to help out.

I’m really missing championships.

I played H3 almost every week until the launch of H4, hundreds of hours. With the lack of championships and even just completing events for participating (no placement required), I’ve already 100% the map and there isn’t much pull sending me back to events. As far as I tell, can’t even custom blueprint a championship.

1 Like

So as stated above custom blueprints should be out around the 25th. this feature allows you to create custom routes within a blueprint but I don’t remember hearing turn 10 Studios mention the ability to create Championship races. This really kind of sucks for me as after I completed all the Championships and Forza Horizon 3 I would create custom 10 Race events some of them with 25 and 50 laps in a race. The first one eyed created was called the 300 which was for five laps in the Goliath and then a bunch of laps and 9 other races friends and I used to grind it out every weekend and bag of bunch of XP…

I’m kind of bone men’s I’ve completed all the exhibition races and have done most of the races multiple times I really do hope they add Championship events back.

The lack of championships is truly disappointing to me also. I played the game since it released at the begining of the month, clocked in about 100 hours and last night i realised i have no point in playing any longer. I finished all the events, i got three stars on almost all the challenges (but frankly i don’t care about those), i don’t like playing pvp adventure modes, so what is there to do in the game for me? Nothing. Also the seasonal championship are to few and they force you to play at higher difficulty levels to get the rewards.
Forza Horizon 3 had champioships, and i have more then 400 hours put into it. I didn’t even finished all the championships from the Hot Wheels expansion, but seeing as i have no incentive to play FH4 anymore i might just finish them.
So bottom line have championships!

1 Like

I miss championships a lot too. Especially blueprinted championships. With those, rivals and a decent online experience I was active almost every day for 2 years in H3. But all the stuff I like to do is gone and 2 weeks into H4 I am struggling to amuse myself.

I am OVER THE MOON that the Grind of those Championships are gone👌🏼… What i don’t understand how these Developers think is: knowing that there are probably still plenty people that enjoyed that & missing that about Horizon, WHY LEAVE IT OUT?

HERE’S AN IDEA: instead of identifying on the Map where possible Championships exist (Don’t mark Completed Exhibition Routes as New & don’t create an Achievement for it), just give us the ability again to create Championship Blueprints again, if we so wish. Even though i’m glad that grind is gone, i would still like to create my own… When we’ve done all there is to do, isn’t THAT what we COULD do atleast to keep ourselves Entertained in Your World? ONLINE PLAY IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER. I like to chain all my various Race Types together in a Chamionship (Strictly Circuit or Sprint Races etc.)
What would also be cool (for me i suppose) is, IF I COULD MARK CERTAIN RACE TYPES (One Type at a time, if i so wish) AS “NEW” AGAIN (after i’ve Completed Everything that is) so as to make me feel that i have something to play for again (when i don’t feel like being bumped off the road & into obstacles that retards my progression in races, when playing with these bumper car drivers in the Online World)

1 Like

It was the best thing they added to FH3 but I can’t find the feature in this game. I’m so bummed out I can’t even play the game right now. Anyone know if the feature is included in the game?

1 Like

Hi,

Is there any info available about custom championships? I play mostly solo and after completing all the races/stories and doing most of the achievements, it seems there is not much meaningfull or engaging left to do other than to go online. The blueprint races and rival races are limited in possibilities, and are more of the same really. Then there is the seasonal championships to look forward to, but again, they are more of the same races we have already done many times before, just with some different car restriction.

With the release of the track editor, i am hoping that at some point we will be able to create our own championships with races that we like ( both from our won creations and the community ). That way you can recreate a rally championship with different stages, with races that you actually enjoy doing. A championship with 10 races that i created would be much more interesting than doing another 5 laps of The Colossus for the hundreth time.

Additionally, the ability to select specific cars which participate in the championship from your own car collection would be a must. It would give me an excuse to actually spend time upgrading and modifying more cars that i would like to race against, rather than the same old cars the drivatars always use. You could argue that you can cheat this way by giving the drivatars crappy cars, but does it really matter in the end? We get roughly the same reward for finishing first or last anyway, and if they are set to unbeatable it really doesnt matter what car they use, they will still be faster anyway. I just want to create my own competition, as i find the drivatar car choice to be boring and not immersive at all. To me, this is what blueprint should really be like. It would give me something to actually do in the game, other than grindig the same races for wheelspins i dont need.

Has there been any mention of this by the devs? Was this option available in any of the previous Forza games? I really hope that we can get this freedom in the future, because i dont really see myself playing this game for extendend periods as it currently is.

3 Likes

FH3 had custom championships. Also, every route in the game had an associated championship. And FH2 had 168 championships! I’m still working my way through them. The fact that FH4 only has seasonal championships, and even then only 4 or 5 a week, is perhaps the biggest disappointment for me so far.
I don’t know if the devs have anything planned regarding championships, but I do know a custom route creator is coming soon. Hopefully custom (and pre-built) champs will be a part of the package.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope so. I think it was one of the biggest complaints I had. Not being able to run championships for the races, not having car rules for races, etc.

But I came to a grim realization. I think that instead of giving us all championships from the get-go, I think PG/T10 thought it would be better for them to give us 2-3 championships each season. I think they thought that this would prolong the lifespan of the game. But honestly, it feels like one of the poorest game design decision they could have made, if that was indeed their intention.

I hope that they didn’t have time, and they are planning to add them at a later date in an update. I would be fine with that. But being force fed this vision of “game as a service”, and being drip-fed a couple of championships each week, it feels like ****

3 Likes

Blueprint championships not being included is a HUGE omission and disappointment!

Please add these (along with Horizon 3’s class based Rivals) back into the game for replay ability and longevity?!

How about this …

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst132641_Route-Creator-preview.aspx

Yeah, this is probably just the way it’s going to be. I’ve been trying to adjust to this rhythm and spread the seasonal content through the week, doing shorter and more varied sessions instead of focused binges. One could also hope that the seasonal championships stayed on the map as blueprints you could return to later, but if it worked like that then there’d probably be no reason to drip-feed us in the first place.

Also, thinking about the overall game progression, I realized it probably goes against the developers’ intentions for us to simply grind already finished exhibitions to reach level 20 in all the disciplines, and I’m glad I didn’t do that just because. If this is how the game works, I’m quite happy to slowly level up through the seasonals, since I don’t feel any specific need in my life to unlock the Goliath as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Please bring back championships
Yes I know there are seasonal ones each week, but it’s only a handful that don’t take long to do. What I loved about FH3 was that once I had completed all of the exhibition races I then did (some would grind, but I loved it) all of the championships, 63 of them if I remember correctly. This great lengthened the single player campaign. Why are they not in FH4? I realise the game has only been out a month, but please consider bring them back in an update PG.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

2 Likes

The grind of 63 was a nuisance on the FH3 forums. Let’s not forget it was possible to make mini-championships shortening the grind by roughly 70% time-wise.

But yes, maybe some form of championships, other than Seasonal, would be a nice addition.

The number of championships in FH4 is just about the correct number for me.

I found there to be too heavy of an emphasis on championships in FH3, for the way I play and enjoy the Horizon series.

FH4 is very open ended. If there are not enough championship to suit me, I would just choose various combinations of 4 or so races and create my own championships.

Well, since the newer Horizon games are very much about freedom, the best way to do championships is to keep them as optional content. I’m not sure how much they’re required to do in FH3 since almost anything you do progresses you in the main campaign. Therefore obviously in FH4, which goes even further into the sandbox direction, I don’t see the problem in implementing permanent, non-weekly championships as just one more thing to do if you feelz like it.

There was an achievement (with corresponding link to gamer score) in FH3 called Horizon Hardcore for completing a championship at every race route in the game.

While I have no objection to championships, I, for one, would not welcome that achievement back.

Can you regain custom single championships?
Please.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]