Can ya'll release a car that works? (AM Valkyrie)

This car is terrible to drive. I shouldn’t have to tune out your mistakes every time I take it for a test drive.

Why does it have 200 laps of fuel at 5%? (It appears to have a 600L gas tank instead of 6L)

Why does it have almost NO grip even with max downforce? (rear end constantly slips out at low speeds, and sometimes even at high speeds)

Why is it even in X class? What is the PI rating even based on at this point? even mid-class P cars can outrun this thing!

If this is what I should expect in the future when the McMurty Speirling comes out, I am just gonna drop the game.

It’s laughable that even the AI can’t drive the car stock, it constantly starts in a slide every time you go to practice.

5 Likes

I played for the career event with my wheel and no assists, well it’s one of the few cars in x class driveable without assists…

1 Like

Just wanted to agree and reiterate what i said in another thread: the default tune on the Valkyrie is absolutely awful, bordering on undriveable for me:

Using a TS-XW and the FFB is nice for me i just had to lower a bit the strenght in the tuning menu…

Another example of having to be miserable driving a car just so I can unlock a rear diff upgrade.

4 Likes

Feels fine on controller. Back end is just fine at speed. Downforce doesn’t work at low speeds it’s just mechanical grip, and having 1,139 hp doesn’t help if you’re just mashing the throttle out of low gear corners.

The Valk has been descibed as “snappy” IRL so you have to be careful.

EDIT: Took it out to Spa, and I see what you’re talking about. Enter a high speed corner too fast and you’ll lose the car from oversteer. You just have to drive it like you would any other hypercar. It’s a rocket in a straight line, and it brakes like a LMP1, handling is good. My Spa time rivaled my Ginetta LMP1 time and I haven’t gotten to grips with it yet. It’s too OP in this game, it’s like if they brought the Caparo T1 from FM6 (IYKYK). No way a road car is this fast around Spa.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just obliterated my Ginetta time around Spa lol. it’s within 8 seconds of my Fomula 1 time. This game is so fake when it comes to cars like these. The Jesko and this are way too OP. They should in reality be around where the AMG One is not leagues above it.

2 Likes

When you get that 2nd career race with Silverstone in the rain…it’s like the devs are trying to punish us for playing the game.

4 Likes

Idk this is one of the few cars where I’ve had to have rear aero at the maximum and the front aero decreased a bit. On most cars its the opposite, front aero maxed out while the rear is used to balance the car. If both front and rear aero is maxed out it’ll oversteer, decrease the front aero bit by bit until it balances out

EDIT: Playing on controller

I wonder if maybe this has something to do with direct-drive vs. belt-driven wheelbases. It’s my understanding that direct drive tends to be more susceptible to unwanted oscillation, since the wheel is essentially attached directly to the motor shaft, whereas belt-driven tends to display a bit more natural damping due to the fidelity loss of transferring between shaft and belt, so unwanted behavior like this is either not felt or dulled down to the point of it being barely noticeable or at least acceptable.

Could also be a case of how each user set up his wheel and what kind of damping or similar settings he feels comfortable using by default. I generally keep any kind of damping settings or other “filters” on the wheel itself turned completely off, or very minimal so that i can feel everything coming from the game in as pure a state as i can receive it. Most of the time, this feels great to me, but sometimes like with the Valkyrie there’s a lot of undesirable feedback, so adjustments to the wheelbase become necessary. Nature of the beast, i guess.

I know one thing: it makes me glad I’m not a game developer whose job is to program and test these sorts of things.

1 Like

I had to do a little tuning but it drives fine once you fix the oversteer. I can post my settings later if anyone wants.

2 Likes

Stay in 3rd gear or higher…

2 Likes

Gearing Setup, Top speed 80km\h lol

Yeah something’s definitely jacked with the tuning file when all of the acceleration and braking benchmarks just say “Failed!” :thinking::roll_eyes:

On a wheel and the race on the rain is a nightmare: guess I need to level up, put race tyre and unlcok all I need to fine tune tha car.

1 Like

I fixed the oversteer issue but it still has no grip.

i drove it stock with the series x controller and no assists, love the car. just hated that 3of the races were in the rain. we NEED to be able to disable weather.

1 Like

It doesn’t get wet enough on Spa for wet tires.