Still no fix for wheel users in Update 2.0

Agreed, the default tune on the Valkyrie is absolutely diabolical. I have a CSL DD, and generally every other car I’ve tried feels pretty good or at least manageable. Not only does the Valkyrie have massive oscillation, but as soon as you feel the back start to step out, it becomes a major moment, you try to correct and then get a huge snap of oversteer in the opposite direction…usually sending you into an unrecoverable spin.

To make matters worse, if you get just a touch over-eager with the throttle and have any amount of steering input applied, the rear tires throw up their hands in desperation, your grip disappears, and off you go into another spin.

I managed to dial out most of the oscillation by adding a bit of Natural Inertia (NIN) and lowering the FEI to 80 (from 100) in the Fanatec Control Panel.

Spending about 60-90 minutes of mindless level grinding, I managed to unlock most of the parts and I was able to at least make the car so that i could drive it relatively consistently and not wind up backwards in the barriers every 30 seconds. Wider, stickier tires, max downforce, softening up the rear suspension, and lowering the on-throttle diff all helped.

This is just another shining example of why the carPG system is so frustrating. I drove the car for 5 minutes and had a pretty good idea of the changes i needed to make to get the car feeling how i wanted. But then it took an hour and a half of pointlessly running laps so i could unlock the parts that i could’ve just instantly bought with credits in past games.

2 Likes