Are you guys trying to kill this game? Why is it so hard for you to listen to player feedback?

Stolen from this Reddit comment because he put it way better than I can https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHorizon/comments/si8g08/comment/hv7my62/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

"Still didn’t understand why they remove things instead of adding them. Now they have also removed PR stunts and other challenges for series 4.

They removed online team adventure.

They removed ranked adventure

They remove custom adventure.

They removed 1 million wheelspins.

They removed backstage pass.

They remove Super 7 high stakes.

They removed the section “exclusive cars” in the auction house.

And I’m sure they removed something else that now I don’t remember. Why do they remove all these things? Damn, the game almost looks like a demo version of FH4."

If you guys keep making stupid decisions like this, you’re going to kill this game. STOP REMOVING FEATURES THAT EVERYONE LOVES. You guys have also ruined wheelspins with the latest update, why did you need to add a “1000 CR” reward??? That’s literally a slap in the face to all of your players. Start paying attention to your community.

/rant

50 Likes

They also removed wheelspins and super wheelspins from car masteries. A move that literally no one was asking for. All of the begging for clean leaderboards and more online engagement ignored. It’s almost like PGG doesn’t want the playerbase to have too much fun or even play their game.

Side rant, but their monthly stream for February wasn’t their best. None of the presenters seemed energetic and the Q&A was filled with some of the weakest questions I have seen. I’ve said it multiple times, but I think this team is having Forza fatigue. Can’t really blame them for it, but in turn, they are punishing us for buying their product.

15 Likes

Neither high stakes or backstage pass “additions” were “welcome” by the community. Those were added in the last timeframe in Fh4 and were completely idiotic since the beginning.

Im pretty glad they didnt carry em on to Fh5.

Never cared for the auction house, and never will. Didnt even know there was a “exclusive cars” thing in FH4.

The problem is not that they removed things (they did it right with high stakes and backstage pass), the problem is that they carry over the same mistakes without improving anything, specially after their customers feedback.

4 Likes

PR stunts are returning in Series 5 but yeah, there are times I want to tie the devs down so they can’t touch anything and shout, “Stop! Just Stop!”

They just seem utterly clueless about balance. There’s no real economy in the game anymore (FH4 you had a minimum income from the businesses plus Forza Hub gave you loyalty rewards), so for mere mortals like myself who will never make credits from tunes or liveries so-called “loop exploits” (buy a Willy’s Jeep or Cayman, grind skill points for the wheelspins, profit) were my only substantive source of income. How else am I supposed to get 4 million credits to buy a car for a challenge I will only use once? Sub-5k rewards in wheelspins are contemptible. Losing them was the one thing they improved from FH4!

16 Likes

I think Forza Horizon 4 was grindy. But at least like you said they did have the businesses and the Forza Loyalty rewards. Please it seemed that earning the wheelspins and super wheelspins was easier (I know that was a complaint back in FH4’s lifecycle, but so was the clothes, emotes, low credit payouts). I kind of understand them fixing the AFK racing. But I am clueless as to why nerf the one part of the game that people didn’t complain about. I think they wanted to remove those “10 SP in 30 sec” blueprints, but the solution to this problem is beyond comprehension. It’s actually baffling that a team of people, some with years of experience with the franchise, came up with this as the solution. I think PGG really needs some competition in the open world arcade genre fast. Maybe Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown might do just that, but seeing the state of AAA gaming gives me no expectations of that.

Also I understand that bugs are fixed based on severity and priority, but why are money making methods on the top of their priority. There are numerous complaints that affect the overall game play experience (such as the Eliminator stutter when starting a head to head or lighting issues in night racing, and numerous complains about the AI many from before even release day) that should have been at the very least mentioned somewhere. I understand that there are a ton of complaints about this game. I don’t envy the team in this regard at all. Acknowledging some of the common complaints, I would think, would be the best way to shut up the player base and all the “whiners” and criticism. There are some situations that I know that the team at PGG won’t win (like the snow debacle). But I fail to understand why make more decisions that could be deemed controversial. If they didn’t have the exploits fix, I’m sure there would have been less complaints. There probably would have actually been more praises. I genuinely think the majority of the fan base just wants a game where they aren’t complaining. Towards the end of FH4, most of the complaints seemed to be player versus player (in modes like the Trial or online racing). Meaning that people didn’t complain about a broken game, they just complained about other people.

Another side complaint is that I think there are way too many clothing options in this game. In Test Drive Unlimited, clothing actually meant something since you see your avatar a lot. That game was a life style game centered around racing cars for a living. In this game, all of the clothing makes no sense. You barely see your avatar. I also fail to understand who they’re trying to appeal with this. I don’t think kids care about dressing up their avatars all that much. In fact, I think most people just stick with whatever they chose early in the game throughout the rest of the game. It’s not like clothes give the players a buff or anything like in RPGs. The same can be said about emotes and horns, although novelty horns in a racing games actually fits in very well. They keep on adding novelty items, which is really losing the novelty of said items (horns, clothes, emotes). It feels like there are more novelty items than cars… in a racing game.

I still had more fun with FH5 in the early stages of the game compared to FH4, but as they keep “patching” the game, I’m feeling more and more drained. I kind of wish they didn’t give us any content for FH4 during 2020 and 2021 to put all their work into this game. I think it has great fundamentals (the map is so good, weather feature in theory is a great idea, implementation of an actual circuit and drag strips, great driving physics, etc) but all the bugs, hotfixes,and lack of communication is damaging the game not for just the present, but it is also damaging the future of the franchise as a whole as well.

14 Likes
9 Likes

They removed our souls as well

10 Likes

Playground is in a very comfortable position where the gaming media and the normies carry them. They don’t need to listen to our feedback.

When it comes to wheelspins, in FH4 if you were VIP you had up to 5 Super Wheelspins every week. And you could always farm the 930 Turbo’s 300,000 CR perk if you wanted money.

18 Likes

Uninstalling, this game is ruined. And they effectively discouraged me from ever playing forza again., or buying the next game. Way to go, i really hope the company goes down the drain because of this.

10 Likes

Why is there so many different “scoring schemes” xp, sp, accolades, credits, and totally pointless unless kudos? Why not just give out straight “money” ie credits and let us pick and choose what we want to spend them on?

This recent update has kind of spoiled the game for me anyway. Glad I didn’t spend money on this junker. Cloud play is my friend.

8 Likes

It is more complicated.

Team Racing:
In FH2-3 racing is base on Skill XP + Clean racing XP. Team race only give you about 750xp. But clean racing XP is about 2500-4000xp without single crash.
So You cant ram people in team racing.
Under this rule 5/11people become you teammate. But another 6people dont become your enemy. Because people cant attack others.

But people didnt understand the importance of the “clean racing xp” and alway complaint about “I am high position why I lost!!”.
They didnt realize the game indirectly punish them for crashing.

In FH4 devs removed clean racing and try to be “overwatch on cars”.
The result is the ultra dirty team adventure + wall riding shxt show.

Then devs removed team racing without improve or fixing it.

Ranked Racing are the same reason.
It is badly put together. Without Clean racing score it become weckfest.

These toxic ramming-for-win and wallriding play style are completely change community. It is produced by the game designer. 100% their fault.

There are many things in the game got removed by the same reason.
Something good from FH2-3 > Badly/partly changed some detail in FH4 and it break other stuff and become shxt > Removed in FH4 later patch and FH5

For example
freeroam rush (drive to next location)
In FH2-3 map have lots of un-accessible area between each path. So you cant and you wont cut track when driving to next destination.
And our goal is stunt driving to earn XP without single crash. You dont need to be the fastest.
Most of the time we are driving in very similar path. So We have more chance ride together and drift in a same path.

But FH4 map changed the design. It become ultra open + breakable wall = You can cut track. (and you should for winning)
Rule changed to be position base.
So now we drive our supercar with racing suspension > bounce across forest like a idiot. Randomly get our car flip and hit a tree = it become luck base.
And since everyone are cutting different path.
GPS give you a wrong(longer route) and even point your cars in to wrong direction at beginning.
We are not diving together like a rally/roadtrip anymore.

(Many shortest route is design to be hidden by offroad and a jump or cross a ice lake. It basiclly mean RWD cars are fk by game desginer)

Then it got removed in H4 patch and H5.
But we lost the H2-3 Road trip with event feeling.

4 Likes

Selectively listening to feedback is something plenty of devs do.

Think of The Simpsons’ episode Beyond Blunderdome, chances are if PG had x amount of random people come to their studio in person the feedback would be uncomfortably similar to the fawning Mel Gibson receives near the start of the episode.

Sadly even if there was a Homer there none of their criticisms would be taken on board, even though unlike the episode only good could come from them listening to it’s most passionate fans.

Wheelspins have become laughable. Why on earth have they ADDED 1000 Cr and 5000 Cr rewards? They’re pitiful amounts and a waste of time for a wheelspin.

7 Likes

Before the update you already had 2500 Cr rewards in the wheelsping. I cant remember about 1000 Cr, but sure thats stupid. But i could say the same about 5000 Cr and 2500 Cr and THOSE WERE ALREADY THERE before the update. Because i got them plenty of times lol, sadly.

I just cashed all my points in, it worked out OK. Wheelspins are not as bad as they seem.

Lol the top reply on that reddit post reminded me the 10/10 score on IGN, what a sad joke what the gaming community has become

7 Likes

Game developers listen to the top 1 - 2 % gamers. The rest can just go suck.

Tell me what it really hurts in the overall scheme of game play if people want to farm sp for spins and money? Does it hurt someone else’s gaming experience? No. Does ramming in online racing? Yes!

The sp fix in the new update did absolutely nothing to improve the enjoyment factor of the game.

I was going to pay for the game this month. As is is now I most likely will drop gamepass and wait for the next NFS title.

9 Likes

They dont listen to anybody, at all. They dont need to as long as people keep buying everything for any prices no matter how high they are.

7 Likes

I’d even say that removing the ability for people to at least convert sp to spins and super spins easily is hurting the gaming experience, not just for those who want to farm but for others. Even if you do specifically target AFK methods of farming, keeping the sp → cars option open is still important because there’s a chunk of people who will take those cars and just give them away or list them on the auction house for well below what they’re normally going for. Finding a car that would normally be a few million credits with a starting bid at 50k is fun. Being gifted a car that might take weeks or months of play to stumble across is fun. The game itself even describes the spirit of Horizon as generosity, and this change makes it feel a lot more stingy.

I have enjoyed Horizon because of the feeling of generosity and admittedly farmed sp for spins, but after I grabbed all the houses (which wasn’t much credits), I wasn’t at all worried about that (other than needing credits for a previous seasonal car or two that I had missed because I just got the game). I would even tune a car before gifting it. Now, if I already have the car when I get it from a spin, I either keep it and will wait to sell it on the auction house for as much as I can or use the immediate sell because if I want a car that can be gotten from a spin, I either have to buy it from the auction house or buy it from the autoshow, so credits are important.

Also, with making the sp less useful (and barely useful period because they mostly can only be used to increase your rate of getting them), they don’t feel worth getting. There’s no feeling of progression from drifting across the desert knocking over cacti. It’s just like how when you’ve reached the hall of fame, you don’t really care about accolade points because they’re just for bragging rights, and I’m nowhere near good enough to feel accomplished with it.

1 Like

Well that’s the thing they are listening only to the sponsors that is you know the cry babies with more money than us and how they’re impatient is reason why things are so buggy so blame them and blamed the Developers for actually wussing out whatever happened to get good

2 Likes