Anti-aliasing (like MSAA) that doesn't make cockpits blurry

The current anti-aliasing methods (TAA, DLAA, etc…) make dash indicators blurry and with a lot of ghosting when numbers (i.e. car speed) change.

This problem didn’t happen in FM7.

Chase cam is ok, but cockpits suffer a lot with this.

See image below: (Forza Motorsport 7 on top)

A proper AA solution (like bringing back MSAA) would be very appreciated!

Here is the same scene at 1080p and 4K resolution, both running High render settings. Game looks horrid at anything less than 4K.

2 Likes

I agree, the lower the resolution, the worst blur and ghosting become.

In 4k, it’s way more acceptable, but there’s still ghosting and blur.

Take a look at this 4k screenshot:

Analog speedometer is blurry, and digital speed has ghosting.

4 Likes

This issue is insane!!! I have RTX 4090 (5120x1440) and I can barely read the numbers in the dashboard, it’s way too blurry!! I can’t believe it. No way to adjust AA or the seat position… not impressed so far compare to other sims on the PC. Lots of work left on this game, not ready for prime time.

3 Likes

Forza Motorsport (top) and Forza Motorsport 7 (bottom)

1 Like

Maybe Turn10 is so focused on providing the game experience to blind people with blind assists, that they hired a bling person to confirm the quality of the dashboards.

The issue is not PC specific. It’s all very blurry on Xbox Series X at 4K as well.

your comment made my day. the devs do not really care how bad and blurry the game looks

MSAA isn’t always possible, though FM still uses forward lighting so I’m sure it would be.

Simply the ability to disable TAA however, that is always achievable. We already know the TAA can’t reconstruct anything very well (just look at the raytracing) so it’s clear it’s not relied on for much else. The toggle to disable it likely exists in the engine or game files, so just add the option to settings.

Those that care enough about it can always use reshade SMAA and the like if dev time can’t be prioritised, and it would at least allow for supersampling (which gives perfect antialiasing) without ghosting.

dont need MSAA or anything, just give an option to dissable TAA. Can be replaced with FXAA and that is absolutely enough.