Allow custom rim paint on locked liveries

The way it is now isn’t good at all because if, for example, somebody designed a livery themselves and picked a specific paint for the rims which ruins the appearance of the entire car, you’re forced to either deal with the ugly rim paint or find a whole new livery. Alternatively, someone could make a replica livery but get the rim paint inaccurate and you would be unable to fix their mistake. Locking rim paint to a livery was a bad idea and I fail to see any advantages of keeping rim paint this way for locked liveries.

I second this. Wheels (rims) and their colour shouldn’t be locked to tunes and designs.

But aren’t some rim types and colours specific to the livery? For instance:

I mean, it’s another problem entirely tbh. People can download the livery but if they don’t have the correct rims or spoiler or body kit etc, the whole thing will look wrong. It’s honestly a big problem with not tying tunes with liveries if you ask me.

I create basically all my liveries with a specific rim type in mind and therefore also upload a tune with the specific rims. In this case I also use the same name for the design and tune.

I even write “You can use the setup with the same name if you like” and “Setup for the livery (Design) with the same name” into the description respectively. Which unfortunately can only be read by the downloader if he looks at the design and tune in his garage again. Which presumably not many players will do. I know that’s not the way the description is actually intended to get used but that’s the way I do it.

But I still understand that somebody may wants to change the rims and that’s why I support the suggestion and added to it.

2 Likes

Seconded, on a related note I would also like for you to modify pre-made tunes to a limited extent, such as changing the rims to a different one (that’s the same weight, maybe)