Allow all materials/colors for livery design

When creating livery, you can only select gloss colors for decals. It would make liveries much better if you could use materials like chromes, carbon fibers, or pearlescent. When you try to apply these it comes up blank essentially.

i’d love that

1 Like

Anybody else think that we should be able to use any paint finish to colour vinyls? Sometimes a metallic, carbon fibre, or sparkly vinyl would really improve the livery creator.

5 Likes

I thought exactly the same! Come on forza.
You should also be able to choose gloss, satin or matte finish as well.

2 Likes

I love that we can do matte/gloss vinyls on cars now, instead of having the vinyl match the base paint. But why does it impact every vinyl? It would be great if we could do individual or groups in gloss or matte, not be forced to do all or nothing.

100% agree

but downright!

at work turn 10 ^^

Be able to use the paint materials/effects as vinyl layers i.e i have carbon body panel using the paint materials thats already there but when i use a vinyl to paint other parts i can only use standard gloss colours and i want to be able to have two-tone or flipflop colour for other parts. So making me able to use the paint effext styles as part of the vinyls.

For example i have a supra and want carbon or kevlar doors i use the carbon paint effect then mask around with vinyls but they are only gloss no metallic and i cant use the flip flop paint or even the hot wheels heavy metalflake colours as body colours if using vinyls

2 Likes

I would LOVE it if we were able to pick different paint types and textures for vinyls like we are for car paints!

Right now only car paints have the option of choosing matte, semigloss, metallic, wood, chrome, etc. But the vinyls are always simple gloss paints. Since FH5 they did add the ability to make vinyls matte with a slider option, but that still limits what we can make.

If this was implemented we could make metallic painted cars with carbon vinyls, chrome vinyls, matte vinyls etc. on one car. Right now the most you can do is add chrome or other textured vinyls with the masking tool but you’ll be forced to have gloss or matte paint.

Different paints and vinyl textures would open a whole new world for Forza painters!

1 Like

In the paint menu, we get a “Recently Used” type menu on the far right - would be great if this could just be added to the vinyl colour menu too. Super easy to match vinyl with specifically painted parts so our liveries and paint can be more cohesive.