Adding reward cars to the car dealer and Free Play

The new career mode looks better than Horizon playlist, but i am concerned about the possibility of not being able to get the tour cars for any problems i can have

I want to sugest that, after a tour ends, the showcase event becomes part of the regular career or the car itself become resward of any expansion of the career mode with more events

*Please delete if this is a duplicate topic/idea

With the rise of so-called “exclusive reward cars” for Forza Motorsport, what worries me is that they’re not available as rental cars in Free Play, and that their respective tours and even the showcase event will eventually expire, which could potentially lead to fears of the “come and go” mechanic seen in the Festival Playlist of the Horizon games, where if you miss out on a particular season, it will take a while before that car can be obtained again.

And since Forza Motorsport has no Auction House, that would mean there would be absolutely no way to get them if you ever miss out on them (it’s also pointless in Horizon as people take advantage of the Auction House for otherwise predatory means of scalping cars).

Another is that if you sell or remove these cars from your garage, you won’t be able to get them again.

Given this is a live service game, with free cars coming monthly, I started worrying about this when I didn’t see such cars available to purchase and to use as rental cars in Free Play, and a Youtuber once told me that even if you get them as a reward for completing their respective tours/events, they still won’t be available as a rental car.

List of exclusive cars

2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
2018 Aston Martin #97 AMR Vantage GTE
2020 Audi R8 V10 performance
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
1964 Brabham BT8
1970 Chevron B16
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
2010 Ferrari 599XX
2017 Ford GT
2022 Lamborghini Huracan EVO Spyder
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
2008 Lamborghini Reventon
2010 Lexus LFA
2023 McLaren Artura
2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
1998 Nissan #23 Pennzoil NISMO Skyline GT-R
1988 Nissan #24 Nissan Motorsports International R88C
2022 Pagani Huayra R
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS
2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
1974 Porsche #1 911 RSR
1977 Renault #15 Equipe Renault Elf R.S. 01

Here are three solutions to ensure all players don’t miss out on these cars:

1. Have the cars available in the car dealer and as a rental car in Free Play in advance as soon as players unlock them.

2. Going back from suggestion number 1, once their featured tours and showcase event expires, make the cars available to everyone in both the car dealer and Free Play, and add the tour to the base Builders Cup experience.

3. Make them available right away from the get-go on the car dealer and Free Play, only having them as an easy and free reward once the events have been completed.

That way, for completing these tours, at least you get a free car, but for those who can’t, and willingly won’t, the car(s) will be available for you to buy and/or rent.

Situations may happen to players, with common examples being work-life balance, and occasionally being away from home, where there is no access to the game, and with that, the likelihood of missing out on these cars are very high.

Another is that this punishes new players for being too late to the party, like say if they got the game just now, they would have missed out on a lot of cars.

From personal experience, I’ve been on hiatus with Forza Horizon 5 for about a year due to my Windows gaming laptop breaking down, and only started playing again when I bought my Xbox Series X, and therefore, I had to catch up on a lot of reward cars that I missed.

1 Like

They already confirmed that spotlight cars would be on autoshow for everyone to get

Also is not proposital, its a bug of the game

1 Like

Just saw this thread but could you show me where they mention it’ll be available in the autoshow for everyone?

2 Likes

He’s referring to the spotlight cars. The cars to worry about are the rewards after completing each tour.

2 Likes

Remember Motorsport 2? Remember how completing a series gave you a car that you could then purchase in the Autoshow but it was locked before completing it? That’s exactly how this should work, no more timed exclusivity, and all post-launch Tours should also be added to a “Bonus Tour” section.

16 Likes

I thin it will happen enventually, i think they are just trying to get more tracks into the game before do that

1 Like

One such tweet by the official Forza Motorsport Twitter/X account suggests that the Audi R8 V10 performance (and Acura ARX-05) will no longer be obtainable after the Open Series and Track Tours expire, so this has brought some attention to light, and why Turn Ten need to address that.

As of writing, I did finish these two tours and got these cars, but I’m trying to speak for everyone else who can’t, or voluntarily won’t be getting these cars due to whatever circumstances (be it life happening to people, or being far away from access to the game).

Upon checking the car list in Free Play, it says that 528 cars are eligible as rental cars, but at least seven (the six reward cars from completing tours, and the Porsche 911 GT2 RS Forza Edition) are missing as cars you can buy and/or rent.

As far as I know, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS Forza Edition is a loyalty reward for having played a previous Forza game (either any Motorsport or Horizon game) some time during the first week of the game’s launch.

This makes me hate “come and go” mechanics even more.

6 Likes

I really hate FOMO. If I buy a game, I should be able to access everything by playing at my own pace and not miss out on cars because I didn’t play enough or at all in a given week or month. The only kind of missible things I’m okay with are things like nameplates and such.

10 Likes

Because of the apparent freezing/crashing that some players are still experiencing when playing events/tours in the Builders Cup, I think this feature suggestion makes even more sense by the day.

When I played the Open Series and Track Tour on my Xbox Series X, I didn’t experience any crashing/freezing whatsoever, but yeah, I would still like to speak for everyone who’s having these problems, especially those playing on other platforms.

3 Likes

UPDATE: The Audi R8 V10 Performance has disappeared as the Open Series Tour from the past version of the game has expired, and Turn Ten have not fixed or addressed “come and go” mechanics.

3 Likes

I hate this mechanic in all games. RogertheAtheist is spot on when he says that one should be able to play at their own pace. People have lives away from gaming.

I missed the Open Class reward car. Why? Well I did not know it was going to expire. Where in game did it tell you? It did not until the new Open Class event was added and then a countdown timer appeared. Once that happened (and of course only after I had opened the game) I realised that I had to complete the premium performance event to even access it. I tried to get through the events but as I had to keep restarting due to the FPS dropping into the 20s I had to give up on it.

‘Play our game when we tell you to, how we tell you to and you will get a reward. We have your money so now we are in charge.’

Well I suggest you put that where it is not very sunny.

11 Likes

Honestly… I have always found Motorsport series of games to pretty much be a grind… to make credits or win a car to add to your garage. One can never make a enough credits to buy a car because many times you need to buy cars to race an event series. So your always burning credits. It’s like bailing water from a boat with a hole in it. You can never get anywhere credit wise to purchase a car you want to buy and not have to buy it to race.

For that reason… I was not going to buy another one… but they added the MidOhio course to the tracks to race on. I heaved and hawed about it for a while and decided to buy it again. Spent a lot time there in my youth watching racing.

Ir takes about 7-9 hours to get through a tour to win a car. You get credits for leveling up from time to time but nothing to write home to mom about. The winnings per race are fairly paltry as well. It’s pretty much like the older Motorsports game. I just do not have that kinda of time to play to win 1 car.

I will give them this though… the cars drive a lot better in this version of the game. I no longer see the rear end of my car out the left or right side window of my car when I turn a corner.

There needs to be a better reward system above and beyond what’s currently being done to keep me playing. Horizon has the wheelspins as you level up where you get extra credits and sometimes a car as you level up.

It appears that most players have the same opinion. I very rarely race against anyone with a level higher than “1”.

2 Likes

What makes matters worse other than time-limited cars is that they even got rid of the entire Track Tour and all of its race events, never to return even as part of the core Builders Cup experience.

The spotlight cars are still there though, but not the reward cars, so to those who missed out, this gives you an incentive to vote for this suggestion.

Time-limited cars are annoying enough, but career mode events as well? This has me even more worried.

6 Likes

Honestly the fact that the reward cars aren’t able to even be rented is, in my opinion, a shocking design decision.

At least in Horizon if you missed a time-gated reward car, you are usually able to get it… If you had at least 20 million credits and the willingness to camp at the auction house. However, FM doesn’t have that option, so you’re fresh out of luck if you miss a car.

I’d rather see all new cars added to the autoshow in the following update. If you missed a car in the first week, oh well, just wait until the next update when it gets added to the autoshow. Better yet, probably just add it to the autoshow the week after it first becomes available.

4 Likes

Thing is though with Horizon, you have to act fast, as chances are the sale of these cars in the Auction House can get very competitive, and the popularity of a specific car being on sale is based on its supply and demand. So it’s not a matter of being able to afford them (assuming you’re able to), this is actually down to timing and luck.

They recently disabled the ability to sell exclusive reward cars in the latest update for FM8, but that isn’t enough.

And in case you didn’t know, Open Series tours expire sooner than the featured tour.

2 Likes

Cars from the weekly Builders Cups that are not new to Forza should be added to the Buy Cars section after an update or two, so people who missed them could still go obtain the cars.

1 Like

Start adding these “reward” cars to the auto show please. I’m tired of grinding out two monthly events for hours to get some dumb cars just so I don’t miss out. This is a digital game and we should all have the chance to get the cars. Instead of driving and racing the cars I want to, I’m stuck doing these forced events on the same tracks over and over (especially the open tour series) just for fear of missing out on reward cars.

How about you can either play the events to earn the reward car for free OR it’s added to the auto dealer maybe a month later and it can be purchased with credits. That way players who complete the monthly event series for a reward car get early access and the car for free while those who didn’t or couldn’t complete the event can at least still buy the car a few months later.

I absolutely despise these locked unicorn reward cars. It’s a freaking digital racing game. Everyone should be able to own a drive whatever cars we want. This is a silly feature to artificially encourage people to play the career mode.

4 Likes

Heads-up: we hit a major milestone: 69 votes! (Nice!)

This was exactly my point, that they add the cars in question to “Buy Cars” and have them available to rent in Free Play immediately, with completion of these tours resulting in a free reward car, or they do it once the Open Series and featured tours are no longer “featured”.

That being said, they should also make every tour available to the Builders’ Cup permanently, as the career mode is already barebones enough. That way no players get left behind.

4 Likes

This is another voting thread with a similar theme. Vote this one up too or @T10ManteoMax combine these so the vote counts get recognized for the values. And bump these two up the scale where they belong.

2 Likes