A possible reason for the flat graphics?

I noticed today that as soon as you’ve turned a wheel on a track the car gets dirty, see pics below, this makes the cars look immediately flat.

Both pics are taken in the exact position, exact same time, no changes, I’d only driven one lap on Hakone Club, and the only thing that happened between the flat picture and the shiny one was I reset cosmetic damage

Thoughts?

1 Like

Neither picture looks “flat” to me. One looks slightly less reflective, which should be expected with a bit of dust.

1 Like

It probably doesn’t come across too well in those pictures, look at the top one, the LMP sticker and the section to the left, it’s flat and dull.

Now look at the same area in the bottom picture, the LMP sticker is significantly brighter and the area to the left is shiny.

Now I am not saying it’s unrealistic, but the way a car that has done one lap is looks and the way one that hasn’t is dramatic, and maybe this is something people aren’t expecting.

In short, cars look horrible once they have driven, but look nice if you clear “cosmetic damage”

Is there anyway to turn off the dirt? Less than a lap around Le Mans and the car is filthy.

2 Likes

^This!
If at least dirt looked good on the car… Just looked at my Audi through the window, it’s dirty, snowy, but color is still not looking flat, it’s still reflective… But Forza can not even get tires to look dirty, even on FH5 it’s missing…
Anyway I play FH5, Rally Adventure and your car gets dusty and dust is then washed away by driving through streams or standing water…
And then I start that supposedly most advanced racing game and somebody flips the switch and car gets dusty, and nothing ever changes…
Pretty sad if you ask me.

X2. Can we turn off the car getting dirty somehow?