$41.25 Trade in at GameStop

Yet again I’m kicking myself for buying FH2 as a digital download. FH2 is the only big release, $60 game I’ve ever bought digitally, but with how much I loved the first Horizon and the fact I played it for close to two years I figured FH2 would be a game I’d keep forever. A couple hours into playing and my decision seemed like a good one. Then I tried the multiplayer. Well, with no custom public lobbies, no hoppers, and the majority of available races being ones I wouldn’t choose to race in, after I was tired of the single player I was pretty much done with FH2. That took about a month. And of course now I’m stuck with it.
So, for all of you who were smarter than I was and bought a retail copy of the game I figured I’d post this to let you know that GameStop is offering $41.25 for FH2 in trade in credit. For a game nearly a year old that’s pretty good. You could reserve your copy of FM6 and only owe $20 or so after tax. Or, if you’re worried about how FM6 is going to handle multiplayer like I am, only $10 or so once a used copy is available that you can return within a week if the multiplayer isn’t any good.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/multiplatform/games/forza-horizon-2/115359

That’s actually a great deal. But no thanks, I still enjoy it.

I seen that at game stop as well. I couldn’t help myself with such a good deal for such a horrible game lol.

Why would you trade in the best game on XBOX ONE.

2 Likes

I wonder if the high resale value is due to the fact that so many people are going digital nowadays and there aren’t as many used discs around as there used to be. Maybe demand is high and supply is low.

The main reason I bought digital was for the convenience of not having to switch discs all the time.

1 Like

But do you often switch from one game to another in a single session? I find I boot up Xbox to play a particular game for the entire session in which case it’s no trouble switching discs.

1 Like

I usually play FM5 and Horizon 2 in the same session and my wife also has different games that she plays on the same system. Like I said, I prefer the convenience of digital. Also, after wearing out the disc drives on two 360 consoles I don’t have much faith in console disc drives anymore.

2 Likes

I’m content with the fact I bought the game full price and don’t expect to get any future resale value out of it. If I’m expecting to sell it, I probably shouldn’t be buying it.

2 Likes