300 SLR - 143 million credits?

was this a typo or intended?

1 Like

Intended - you can also acquire it by getting 160 points on the forthcoming playlist.

5 Likes

It’s actually tempting to buy it. What else am I going to do with my credits? Then I would have two: one for messing around with and one for keeping stock.

6 Likes

yeah, it’s 2/3 of my credit total but as you write, “so what?” - though that does plant a slight concern about future cars; I’ve noticed the credits are increasing quite slowly now, it was quick to 200 million but now seems quite painfully slow, using the cash for this kind of thing might mean losing some flexibility - but this is all over-thinking it, I’m not going to buy one, just go with the playlist

Seriously thought about buying it & just gifting it lol, but I really think this is just a nonsense way to hype the community to complete series 11 just to have it. The interior :nauseated_face: leaves something to be desired (regardless of how accurate) & there is certainly nothing that amazing about the car to justify that price IMO.
I’m curious to know if anyone with legendary painter status has purchased one, applied a design, then tried to list it in the AH. I’m assuming max listing will still be C20M?

4 Likes

good one about the auction house

2 Likes

I wonder if you’ll be able to ask 143M for it in the Auction House or if you need to be Legendary tuner/painter for that. Otherwise you could make a lot of quick bucks with it if someone buys it

If past history holds, that will be no. Not to mention with it being available to anyone in the AH. Vehicles purchased for say C20M now from someone with legendary painter status cannot be resold for that price (unless something has changed I’m not aware of).

1 Like

How would anyone even get that much? It took me years to get over 100 million in FH4 and that was with Forza Hub bonuses.

I bought it for 20 million, took my pic, got my ownership checked off and passed it on. I can wait for 160 points to drive it again.

There is absolutely nothing to gain from buying it full price from the Autoshow unless you want more than one originally owned example or the most expensive kudos ever. :smile:

1 Like

How would anyone not? I don’t even play all that much and have over 400 million credits in FH5 with nothing left to spend it on.

2 Likes

I don’t even have 30 million.

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to build credits; at last count I had about C1.5B. I’ve thrown a lot of vehicles on the AH with one of my new designs at the lowest starting bid for 24hr listings to basically give them away. I just keep the buyout default at C20M thinking it will sit there & it always amazes me how they will get bought out typically within a few minutes in most cases :smile:. I’d like to think it’s my design but they are always shared soooo :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Sometimes people just see a car and say “that’s the one I want!” It also doesn’t take up slots and its a car you actually applied the design to.

But yeah, 30 million is enough to buy it in the AH if you want it now.

1 Like

Well, I got one.

Got it from the auto show, but also saw a few up in the auction house for 20M

3 Likes

In FH4 I have just under 500M. I made it by trading cars and sometimes being lucky and finding a cheap car that’s usually worth millions. I buy the Forzathon cars sometimes and sell the weekly reward cars. In the last 3 months I almost doubled my credits by investing successfully in certain cars. Bought them cheap and sold them for 5-10x more. I still have about 30 cars to sell but I’m waiting for higher prices for those. If I can sell them for that I’ll easily make 150-200M more.

Sadly I haven’t figured this trick out yet in FH5, I need to learn the prices over again. Just bought 3 more Lotus Carltons yesterday for <500k though so I’m slowly getting to it

i just broke 200m the other day. granted i’ve been spending like a drunken sailor on rare cars whenever i come across them in the AH, and even though i have a livery imported for it from FH4, i think i’ll wait to obtain it for free. 143m is a bit steep in the price department even for me.

I did buy it. I had nothing else to spend the money on and I thought I might get a tune and a livery or two in early.

I like the car - if only for the historic aspect of it anyway - but I think I’ve just been robbed if you can snatch it at the AH for the few pennies that is 20 million. :sob:

1 Like

If you like high speed a class hot wheels tracks this is the car for you,…
Here’s my current HW Goliath rivals time,… :

And I’m not even that good when it comes to rivals,…

1 Like

You gift it to a new player. PGG does what PGG does and actually gifts it to an elite tuner with 999m credits who also ends up deleting the car.

2 Likes