Will Saab ever return to the Forza series?

FasterRacer x here

I know that this thread will soon be locked by the moderators so I am just doing this as a martyr to the Saab community. My question will be is that if Saab will ever return to the Forza series with its ever so drought of cars in past with its defunction. Now I know that Pontiac is in Forza 6 through the GM licence. I feel like its an embargo placed on Saab by GM for Saab not to be a part of any racing game in the past. If Pontiac and American Motors are in Forza 6 why can’t Saab be in the series itself? It makes me question the lisence aquistion process that goes into each Forza game

1 Like

I’m going to keep it short: we have no idea.

1 Like

Would love to see Some classic Saabs

We don’t know.

Turn 10 might know.

Wishlist is here.

3 Likes

I highly doubt T10 even looks at the wishlist at this point with the thousands of requests it has. It’s a valid question to ask because it pertains to licencing more over requesting specifics cars .

2 Likes

Yeah agreed now at this point its all about sponsorships than community driven requests. Like for example we got “TopGear Pack” and “Bondurant Car Pack” just to name a couple.

We do look at the wish list, very closely in fact, and actively take that into consideration when selecting cars. The Ferrari 488 we just released was one of the top 25 most requested cars on this forum (top 3 in fact).

If we did add SAAB again, it’s not because they are most requested cars in the wish list - they aren’t by a long shot - it’s because they are iconic cars that deserve a spot in Forza (especially the awesome 900 Turbo SPG). And we’ve been trying for a while to make that happen. Unfortunately, car manufacturers or the agencies who represent them sometimes may decline to participate for one reason or another.

If you did some light research on SAAB, you’d know they’ve undergone a lot of ownership changes in the past decade, and video games may not be at the top of their priority list:

Not much you can do except to keep trying, and we do.

18 Likes

To add on a bit, to give an idea of the complexity behind the Saab situation (I was going to do Saab Story, but that was low-hanging), the current owners can’t even use the Saab name. Source.

I doubt we’ll be seeing the 9-3s and the 99 Turbo come back anytime soon. At least, not until this gets worked out, and even when (if?) it does, there’s no guarantee that they’ll be back in the game. It might be FM8 by the time things get worked out. While the source I posted sounds optimistic about the future of automobiles, no word on what will happen for the past ones.

It is nice to see T10 chiming in on this, to give us a better possible idea of what goes on as to why certain manufacturers and/or cars aren’t in the game.

EDIT:

So, does this mean that there’s some of spreadsheet/databank somewhere at T10 HQ that compiles the entirety of the wishlists and organizes them by request quantity? Assuming someone goes in manually page-by-page, post-by-post and chalks up 4 more votes for the 488, 7 for the i8, 5 for the S14, 2 for the Charger Hellcat, 1 for Ice Cream Trucks, etc.? I’m not going to say you’re lying about what you posted and I quoted, so, just out of curiosity, it is being kept track of? That is interesting. I often thought of doing that from time to time, to sort of give both parties (T10 and forum-goers) an idea of what’s truly requested (forum-wise at least, I can’t account for YouTube posts and Tweets and stuff), but I always got intimidated by how much time that’d take, and how comparatively little time I have. I thought it would help.

None of this was meant to dissuade the topic at hand by the way.

1 Like

All I will say right now is yes - something very much like what you described has been under way for some time now (literally counting every single mention of every single wish list car), and yes it’s a massive and intimidating amount of work and time involved, and we’ll share more with you all when we’re ready. We hear you, and we’re doing something about it.

11 Likes

Just make the interns do it :wink:

Are there similar databases recording Features & Tracks?

Wow! Thought I was just guessing with ~60% accuracy there, very nice!

If no one else says it, I respect what you do with the wishlist requests, and I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, good to know that wishlist does get some attention from the staff as well and that you guys focus on iconic cars too (and did some effort for Saab). While Forza sure does have a lot of flaws I have to admit the variety of cars currently in the game is outstanding. Yes people complain about limo’s, armored trucks, offroad trucks or Aztecs but they sure spice up the diversity in the game. I just wish all cars would belong to a division like FM5 and FH2 and that you could set up more specific races (for example roadsters, LMP900, offroad trucks, etc.). The a r s e n a l of cars in FH6 is amazing but the things you can do with it is rather limited. Surely a point of attention for the next games in the series.

2 Likes

So… why no American Muscle cars in any of the DLC’s?

It’s not like the game lacks muscle cars, though…

Actually it does quite a bit,and its also severely lacking in american cars period .

Are you sure you’re playing Forza and not Gran Turismo?

Yes there’s barely any muscle cars in Forza and the amount of American non muscle cars is almost non existent.

Not sure I fully understand this statement, but I’ll try to break it down.

By my rough count, there are around 130 American manufacturer cars in Forza 6 to date including disc and DLC. That’s about 25% of the 540+cars in FM6 to date.

That’s basically counting cars made by AMC, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, HUMMER, Jeep, Local Motors, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Ram, Saleen, Shelby, SRT, Tesla (including some Fords made in UK or Australia, which aren’t technically American made). There are also a lot of foreign manufacturers whose cars may technically be built in the states for the US market, but I’m not counting them. If you want to get really technical, a lot of American cars are now made in Mexico or Canada, but that’s a different topic entirely…

Depending on how rigid your definition of muscle car is, there are between 60-65 of them: around 40 are classic muscle (60s-70s), 8 or 9 from the muscle revival era like irocs and GNX (80s-90s), and around 15 or so modern muscle (2000+) like modern Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers Chargers - not counting modern Corvettes, Vipers, and Caddy’s which aren’t technically “muscle” in FM, even if a lot of people think of them as modern muscle.

So 130ish American cars total, almost exactly half of those are muscle (counting all eras), the other half non-muscle.

Maybe not as much as you want to see (by all means, add them to the car wish list!), but I’m not sure “barely any muscle cars” or “American non muscle cars is almost non existent” is an accurate statement of the Forza 6 car list once you do some digging.

If you’re specifically referring to DLC only, then forgive my ramblings…yes, it’s been fairly light on American & Muscle so far.

1 Like

my original question was why there was no american muscle cars in any of the dlc’s , sorry we got off topic here but with all the forza games in the past having at least some muscle car dlc i was wondering why this game didn’t, it seemed rather odd to add everything but in the dlcs when its such a big part of motorsport and many are requested on the wishlist. And the fact that drag racing as been left out of fm6 has me worried …