Why is "Wrecking Ball" still in Chaos Arcades?

This ridiculous challenge appears with a 20 second timer. I don’t know the requirements for it exactly and Forza tells us to get multiple wreckage skills in quick succession. In a very powerful car I can do smashing lots in a very short space of time but Wrecking Ball seems totally random and from a “standing start” is impossible to do in 20 seconds.

Of course, I could be wrong about it and am just ignorant and/or rubbish at the game, so maybe someone who does know could enlighten me.

Or just take it out of those Arcades.

1 Like

I tend to avoid Chaos altogether if it’s not mandatory for points. A lot of the tasks are so highly situational, like finding trashcans or phones in the big city, that you may as well stand still and wait for the rollover.

1 Like

Wrecking Ball skill is: 3 Wreckage skills in the same skill chain.
The key to doing this on the timer is: you’re going to need to smash 3 different objects in quick succession, not just the same type of object over and over again. Find a spot with a fence, pallets, barrels, etc …multiple destructible objects, and hit them one at a time as fast as you can, and that should do it.

1 Like

ah, that might make sense - thanks, I’ll test it

as indicated, I don’t mind being wrong

in any case I haven’t found an official description of it, the one I wrote is Forza’s description of it

1 Like

Think of it like this:

Smash a cactus and you get a Wreckage skill called “Smactus”
Smash a fence you get that type of wreckage skill.
Smash a barrel you get that type of wreckage skill.

Some objects have individual skills tied to their base skill type for the purpose for creating skill chains.
Yes you can smash the same object over and over, but that induces that sort of timer on how many how fast. It’s still enough most times to keep a basic skill chain going - but to really push the skill chains up you have to string different subsets or skills from other subsets together to build the chains faster and keep them rolling up.

1 Like

okay - so the yellow box ones (these are “stunt” skills, apparently), fence, cactus, bin, bonus barrel, skill board, telephone, plant pot, football, goal post . . . any others?

1 Like

well, yes, but as noted all it says is " Wrecking Ball - Perform multiple Wreckage skills in quick succession"

…you got it, just like that.

Wreckage = smash any breakable item. (if it gives you skill points; It qualifies)
Wrecking Ball = Get multiple wreckage skills in quick succession.
(there is more than just one single breakable item in the game.)

There is a stack timer on the ‘same object’ being the skill trigger in quick succession for skills.

Thus, if all you do is ram around smashing the same guard rail, you won’t ever really build your skill chain past the basic level… start running billboards, fences, barrels, shrubs and etc, then the skill chain will continue to build because they are different objects even though they all contribute to the Wreckage skill type.

1 Like

Make sure to blast Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball and you should be good.

2 Likes

prefer the one by Emmylou Harris but good point so I’ll try that one!

1 Like

I’ve only seen wrecking ball occur after 2 ultimate wreckage skills. This has been consistent every time I’ve had to accomplish it for a specific task. In the live event I always guessed they expected you to be close to it already, or that they didn’t really know what triggered it. I’ve always avoided the chaos events. I don’t think I’m the target audience for them.

2 Likes

I just had a go and I don’t think it’s three of those yellow skills. It’s certainly more like the two ultimate wreckage skills. Those things stated, there is a benefit to breaking different things, all types of wreckage skill appear faster. Tested by driving around the stadium, lost of different things to smash. Tried being very careful and breaking three “yellow skill” items but that didn’t induce a “wrecking ball”. I did see such a skill appear after ultimate wreckage skills appearing but am not completely sure it’s getting two “ultimate wreckage” that makes it pop, that seems too . . . something . . . simple maybe?

Thanks to @SoKXB and @WhiteBurrito42 for input!

2 Likes

…well… as you’ve discovered, some times what the skills say isn’t how they actually work.
Thus a Wrecking-Ball skill should read: “Get 2 Ultimate Wreckage Skills in the same skill chain.”

…who wants to put in the bug report?

Maybe one of the Mod squad will ask and get it confirmed? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like