Why are some things "Wont Fix or By Design"? Could PGG clarify?

I don’t know where to ask this question, but it’s related to the troubleshooting hub and seeing as PGG wants to be more transparent there’s a bunch of issues on this list that we really just don’t understand the reasoning for. Could some of the issues on the “Wont Fix or By Design” list be clarified? Even a single phrase explanation would be fine. I know some of the newer issues added are being explained and that’s amazing, I mean that genuinely, but what about the old issues?

I don’t want to be unreasonable and request every single issue be explained either. Some of them seem obvious to me, so to simplify that could we have a thread where we can compile a list of existing unexplained issues to be clarified by PGG?

Like this for example:

• Controller - Vibration Feedback, haptic and rumble, stops working between events and races also when disconnected/reconnected until restart (Date Updated:05.18.22)

Is there a reason we must exit the game, unplug/replug in controller (wired/on PC at least), then restart game just to get vibration back? This feels like it should just be a basic function of plugging in a controller on console or PC. As a player I can’t understand why this can’t be fixed.

• Cars - The 1998 Toyota Supra RZ is missing a gear shift animation (Date Added:11.19.21)

Why are issues like this on there? From the community’s point of view, they worked just fine in the old games.

• Cars - Audio - Nissan 350z sound is swapped with the BMW M3 2005 (Date Updated: 02.14.23)

Or this, when it just needs the audio file referenced between the two cars swapped? The 370z/Safari Z has it right at least.

3 Likes