What's the point of the Lamborghini Veneno?

My friend recently told me that the Lamborghini Veneno was his favorite car because it’s the fastest… And for a second I believed him. I mean look at it, you’d assume it’s close to hitting supersonic, and with a price tag of 4 million, it better be. I thought I should google more about this car. So what i found is that it’s v12 produces 740hp and it weighs 3280lbs. Impressive right? But not really… The McLaren P1 makes 904hp and weighs the same as the Veneno at 3280lbs! The LaFerrari makes 950hp and weighs 2767lbs! The LaFerrari produces 210 more hp than the Veneno! That’s more than a Subaru brz. And it does this in 513 less pounds! So on paper, the Laferrari and the P1 both outperform the Veneno and do it for about 2.3 million dollars less! So it seems the Veneno is a 4 million dollar car that barely outperforms the Lamborghini Huracan and the McLaren 650s…

What do you guys think of the Veneno?

Rarity for the price tag.

I see that this is a old thread but it is at the top at this thread.
The veneno is a cool car funny part of that price tag is that they did reduce it in FH2 to only 1mil lol
now you can have any lambo upgraded to beat the veneno (also with any hyper car) I really think it is one of those brand loyalty fan clubs. like Corvette c7 vs SRT viper gts. one is a v10 one has more lateral G’s. one has more torque. etc. now in real life there is only 4 made. (2 for Lamborghini ) 2 for the public. so like said above rarity is cool. me in hyper car idea. Pagani Huayra. or Ultima GTR. scratch that pagani is a bit better.

The Veneno isn’t really meant to break records. Lamborghini likes to produce super-exclusive cars because there are people out there that buy them, apparently. The Veneno is more of an art car in that regard, meant to showcase (warn us of?) the ultimate evolution of the sharp-edged designs of Lamborghini. Performance wise, it actually is a fair bit ahead of the Huracan, since it’s based on an Aventador. It also has much greater downforce than either of those cars. But in the end its goal was not to outperform the competition at McLaren or Ferrari. It was just to be cool.

To see how far engineering and design can go on a car. That’s my view on it.

It should have been a unique study of design, and I hope Lamborghini realized that their studies weren’t quite finished…

Mecanicly, it’s true, though, that should not be only a concept. When the Aventador will get renewed (which should take a heck of a time), my guess is that the engine of the Veneno will be the one of the Aventador, if it’s not more.

Hey, the aventador had officially been updated haha the centenario is here!

O.K. In this situation, is the weight really important. What counts is the traction in an acceleration, the steering and the max speed.

Thanks to the 4WD system, the Veneno starts a race in a straight line, steers like a dream thanks to the 4WD (again), and even could win drag races when competing against a LaFerrari and the P1.

I am aware that the ratio horsepower/weight is not as impressive as the two other hypercars mentionned, but you should know the benefits of a four-wheel drive.

I personally love the Lamborghini Veneno. In fact, I hold it as my all-time favorite car and it doesn’t seem like that’s going to change. These cars have more to them than just being the fastest or lightest, they appeal to certain people and iI happen to be one of them by some chance. The car could also be seen as an economic advantage if you are not into the styling and all. the car has on average doubled in value from 4.5 million in 2013 to roughly 11 million in a certain scenario.