What purpose does the x button have in the top left hand corner on mobile devices?

What purpose does the x button have in the top left hand corner? Currently for me it closes the app. No app I use that in an think of has this as the OS provides this functionality. Wouldn’t it be better to have a back button instead or just remove it entirely?

Also ever since the latest update I notice a lot of wasted space in the right hand margin when clicking a post. Is this intentional? I’m using latest version of Android.

" What purpose does the x button have in the top left hand corner? Currently for me it closes the app. No app I use that in an think of has this as the OS provides this functionality. Wouldn’t it be better to have a back button instead or just remove it entirely?"

The app works like a bookmark pretty much. It directs you straight to a link based upon the search engine they use. It looks like the apps search engine by default directs you to a link through the google search engine. So afaik I don’t think they can change or remove the x as its a google default setting

1 Like