What are some features FM23 has that GT7 DOESN'T have?

GT7 has what I want;

NEW cars.
CONCEPT cars.
STATS PAGE.
View safety and driver rating of other players.
Players actually serve their penalties.
MORE Tracks.
Working Replays (with a camera you can free-roam)

2 Likes

Oh please. I’ve been playing since launch and I might have close to half of the cars. You people are ridiculous. If you want to grind your meaningless life away GO PLAY GRAN TURISMO.

People like you are why we got the CarPG system to begin with. Locking cars behind an irrational grind is not an economy and the only thing not giving you a sense of reward is the way you CHOOSE play the game. If you don’t have enough self control to not buy a car as soon as you have the credits, that’s not the game’s fault, that’s your fault.

5 Likes

Rain on all tracks with glass asphalt, the rest GT7 has covered.

I bought the most expensive car (Jesko) like 5 times…within the first night of playing the game. It was pathetic. Modern day gaming requires no effort. FM4 was praised in all aspects, including progression & economy. Nowadays FM4 would be considered “a gRiNd” because you’d actually have to earn rare & valuable cars. Oh woe is me.

2 Likes

LOL I finally unblocked you only to see that you’re still spouting nonsense.

I don’t have anywhere near that many credits or cars after completing all Builder’s Cup series events, after completing multiple spotlight series events, after unlocking the achievement for completing 300 laps in multiplayer, & after getting multiple top 100 lap times on various rivals leaderboards… and that’s even with the VIP credits bonus.

How are you accumulating so many credits so fast?
AFK leveling?
Getting credits from shared paints or tunes?

1 Like

I did about 1/4 of the builder’s cup, & a lot of free play, & then sold all the cars they gave me for free that I didn’t want. I had a screenshot of my garage after the first day of playing which I’ve posted before & I believe I had like 5 or 6 Jeskos. 10 was being hyperbolic. Regardless when I used to play the game I would regularly buy & sell Jeskos just to get rid of all of the extra credits I got from doing little to nothing so I could give myself some form of progression like…we used to have…in all of the prior games.

I don’t like any of the camera views or the way the camera works in GT7, especially in the chase views.

It’s much easier and there are far more opportunities in Forza to switch your car or upgrade parts, often GT7 requires you to back out of several menus or back out of a race entirely if you want to swap a few car parts around.

I definitely agree on the camera view, even though you can make the car rotate a little with tweeking GT7 can’t hang with Forza on that. I personally can only race on hood/roof cam, never go to chase unless I want to see those nice car details.

You drive a “Sim” without caring about the physics? Ladies and Gentlmen…we got Him!!!

1 Like

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: you’re doing that to yourself.

Let’s say you’re right, let’s say it only takes a week to buy all the cars. All that means is you have a bunch of cars you’ve never driven. If your goal is being the Sultan of Brunei of Forza, having all the cars in the world in triplicate and looking at them rot in a garage, then I guess yeah, you’ve finished the game in a week.

If your goal is to actually drive them at some point, that’s going to take slightly more time.

3 Likes

In prior titles both would take time. In FM4 the progression was real & somewhat challenging & yet nobody complained. You started off in literal city cars like Ford Kas, Toyota Aygos etc. & had to diligently work up through the sports cars, then super cars & finally to fully fledged race cars. It felt like a legitimate “zero to hero” progression. In this game? One day in & you’re a multimillionaire with hypercars. It’s lame & I don’t get why people don’t enjoy actually having to work towards earning things in games anymore.

3 Likes

I don’t get why people don’t enjoy actually having to work towards earning things in games anymore.

Might be because I have an actual job, that pays for my time, and I don’t have tolerance for videogames, that I’m paying for, trying to convert my leisure into more work.

yet nobody complained

The entire reason given for the CXP system is people complained about “progression” in previous titles. So, nobody complained, really?

Anyways, FM7 wasn’t shy about throwing cars and credits at you, and I’m pretty sure that’s a prior title. Not that I’m complaining about it.

But again. You’re a millionaire with hypercars you’ve never driven. If this is your endgame, I’ll agree with you, it is lame.

3 Likes

Not a feature but driving in Forza Vs GT7 with a controller is a much better experience. As are the chase cameras.

There is not a better racing experience out there for controller users. (Yes the game is lacking in content and has other problems).

1 Like

Racing is somehow different than collecting coins and gems. I ride a motorcycle and have never been bothered by the fact that I don’t make any points progress. Progress occurs in your own abilities. I don’t have to show them in points and compare them with others. I’m not at all bored by taking the beautiful journey over Alpine passes again.

2 Likes

I’m an adult too, with both work & college. Obviously I don’t have as much time to game as I used to. In fact, I seldom game at all. But once again did that stop people from enjoying FM4? No. This is a new trend that has & always will bug me. I find games this easy as catering to ADHD kids who want instant fun with no work, meanwhile you see grinding in games as a waste of time catered towards kids who don’t have jobs or anything better to do with their life. Seems like a clear impasse.

Again, work before being allowed to have fun is my day job. Games aren’t paying me to work for fun, I’m paying them to be fun.

4 Likes

But are these artificial rewards the right answer? After you get your driving license, do you stop driving because then you’re missing a challenge?
Good games can be played over and over again. With new players, always new random conditions, with your own skills increasing.
But FM is not a good, not a beautiful game.

2 Likes

T10 purpousefully misunderstood the statement “we want meaningful and rewarding car progression” and twisted into its polar opposite.

6 Likes

I’ll tell you why, because it is boring. This is a video game, not a second job. I want to play what I want when I want. I play games for fun, not to spend 20 to 50 hours grinding boring modes to get to fun stuff. That doesn’t feel earned anyway.

Where the progression should be is in the skill and safety rating but nope, a handful of ok races and you have a 4600/4700 out of 5K skill rating and an S class safety rating even though you suck art racing and are about as clean as a fertilised field in rain season.

There is too much dictating in games today.

1 Like

You would have hated the mass-celebrate Forza MotorSport 4 then for having an actual progression lmao. Modern gaming is doomed.