What are some features FM23 has that GT7 DOESN'T have?

I loved FM4. Best game in the series. I was also younger then. Context is important, friend.

1 Like

It’s either a good game or it’s not. I was a middle schooler then & college student now. The game & its progression is still good regardless. Of course nowadays it would take more days for me to get what I want due to having less free time, but that’s not a problem with the game. How adults are able to allocate their time is not relevant to how good a game’s progression is, in my opinion.

1 Like

I have 64 hours in the game and own 33 cars, probably more than half of those cars were either won or bought on discount. The rest being cars that were bought just so I could do builders cup races. My current credit balance is 1.34 million.

After reading your comments I was expecting to have way more cars by now.

1 Like

You win about 132k for a 1 hour race (Without the VIP. With it, it’s the double).

EDIT : That’s if I remember correctly, I’m probably wrong. Anyway, if it’s not without the VIP, so it’s with it

2 Likes

Huh? What kind of races have you been running? I usually run 30-35 minute races in Free Play, and a top 3 finish will generally net me a total of between around 80-88k (with VIP).

Extrapolating that, (since I’ve not done a 1-hour race), I’d be getting around 160-178k with VIP…nowhere near the 264k that your math would suggest.

edit: my numbers include level 8 AI and the highest available payout bonus for things like no rewinds, etc.

2 Likes

I do free play races too (1 hour). Maybe they changed it in the last update I don’t know. I’ll check it

EDIT : About the 132k. It’s what I remember. I might be wrong because…I’m dumb lmao (And if I am wrong I’m sorry)

Didn’t say it wasn’t a good game. Pretty sure I said it was the best in the series.

This games progression was bad. A terrible system that detracts from the experience. Which is why every did the self drive trick abundantly and leveled up hundreds of times.

1 Like

Ooh! There’s quite a few "features that are present in Forza that GT doesnt have, and never has had, especially when it comes to online play;

FM23 has the feature in which all of its online statistics for safety and skill are actually and absolutely useless.

It also has the feature where every race, no matter which performance class, division or type of car, has a demolition derby at turn 1 of EVERY track on EVERY race.

You can also fit ultra lightweight body kits, that are so lightweight, you remove half of the cars body panels, bumpers, roofs etc.

FM23 has also given us a sneak peak into the future, where the roof of cars is invisible when inside, giving the illusion of driving a convertible when you’re actually in a hard-top/coupe.

The accessibility options for example: if you suffer with low blood pressure or bradycardia (low heart rate) - FM23 is so terrible with most of its core mechanics and features that are supposed to enhance gameplay and make online play better, it can solve both of the aforementioned issues within about 10 minutes, usually by inducing a heavy and overwhelming fit of rage.

GT7 usually just uses one version of the track and doesnt really update them either - but FM23 has the ability to time travel, by laser scanning the Nordschleife in the modern day, but giving us a glimpse of what the track was like back in 2012/2013. Strange, huh?

Can you tell I lost all faith in this franchise after believing all the lies about this new title? “Built from the ground up” - But I’m sure they missed out the last part of that quote which is “…from the ground up bits of our titles that released over 10 years ago”

5 Likes

I’m not certain but I believe the skip lap feature so you can restart a flying lap in rivals or qualifying, is unique to forza.

It’s a genuinely nice player focused quality of life feature that works.

I’m not certain though. That’s deom some YouTuber video iirc.

Yeah it’s not on GT. For the time trial mode on GT, we just chose “Restart” because it’s a launched lap. For qualifying, on GT, it’s the same than time trial (Atleast on daily race) for competitive races, it’s qualifying with everyone on track for 10 min on most tracks (And there’s damage, contact. slipstream, etc.)

The current rivals at Daytona in the rain using the Corvette.Have you looked at the level of detail that went into the interior of the car? It’s amazing work.I am pretty happy with the way things look overall but you cannot please everyone I suppose.Does this level of detail not count for anything,lol???

To me, “working” and “earning” in a game is based 100% on me getting good playing skills. I work to earn my skills. Games where I just increase an XP number…

No amount of XP points will make a player reach Diamond rank in Rocket League. I can hand my controller to someone who’s never played, and that Diamond rank on the screen will not mean a thing. The skill is in me, not account rank, nor the XP.

In particular, games that have “time gated” progress are often just a bore to me. The time gating is almost always tied to dull, repetitive task loops. Sometimes with no gameplay skill required.

Kind of how actually scoring good laps or winning races in Forza isn’t what advances the player rank or CarXP. My player rank in Forza is like 560-something, and all that really indicates is how long I played (and maybe not even that, if somebody is using AFK assists).

This is why the CarXP got old fast for me. None of that CarXP care how many times I won. It’s just a hour counter.

A better (IMO) design would track my average practice laps, every race, every class, every track. The game would calculate an estimate of my racing skill (ACC does this), and make this the “Player Level”. It can go up, and down, with my play quality.

Then reward me when I hit that mark during play. Earn a high “Player Level” score, then meeting that level in my play. Getting on the podium. Winning.

Working to earn the skills, and getting rewarded for it.

Just my opinion, of course.

4 Likes