Weekly accolade points?

Hi all,

I’m wondering how people are getting 4000 (or around there) extra accolade points each week, even after having up to 980,000 points total?

I realize that people unlock things from time to time but not a consistent rate that I’m seeing.

I also realize the leaderboards are fully hacked at the top (no surprise).

Just trying to figure out all the hidden accolade points, if any. PM me if you want if it’s not common public knowledge……again if you want.

I’m seeing friends and people ahead of me, on the leaderboards, getting consistent weekly point increases.

I recently started aiming at the “Online” aspect of the accolades. I’ve completed a fair amount of them (all of the tour ones, and most of the open). If people waited to complete the “online” category, that might be where you are seeing the steady increase. Plus the HW DLC has a bunch of accolades attached to it.

it will be the things you dont play much… they are all listed to look at…

I’m on about 1,050,000 points and in about 160th place on the leader board. There were a few repeatable accolades where you could repeat and get the points again. This worked early on but they haven’t been working the last few months.

I recall up until about 980,000 I was regularly scoring accolades points as I worked my way through the game. After that it’s pretty slow going with just the creative ones like tuning and paint ones left.

Make sure you get all of the Hot Wheels accolade points. All very straight forward to get.

iirc and presuming it hasn’t changed there are accolades you can redo that award the points again (and again, and again, and… ). They have or had a little “spin” icon on them.

Not an easy topic.

First of all up until the very first update a lot of accolades became incomplete everytime you restarted the game, and people seemed to have used that a lot.

Today every week a bunch of accolades can be re-done and give score again - not sure this is intended, no comment from PG so far.

But not just accolades give score, the weekly Forzathon gives 250 accolade points per task and 250 for completing it.

So the leaderboard isnt hacked, people just repeat certain accolades every week since release.

I hope someone from PG reads this, because it is a big mystery.
Did they design the accolade system this way? That you can boost your score by repeating certain accolades.
Or is this a game bug and people who re-do accolades are exploiting the game?

I also have to point out that everybody is affected by this, no matter if you re-do those accolades on purpose or not. Even big names are far over the max. accolade score.

Yes, but these points people are getting are an even number and consistent every week. Eventually you run out. Hot wheels doesn’t even have close to 4000 points to obtain.

Right….I see. That explains it.

I see the spin icon under a few categories, yes……but they haven’t added to my total when re-doing them.

Well there you go.

Hidden Treasures		Snap Jade Statue Tulum Expedition
Strange Things Happen	Snap Gold Statue Tulum Expedition
Watcher In The Storm	Snap Statue in Sandstorm El Camino Chapter 1
Canyon Statue			Snap Canyon Statue El Camino Chapter 2
Hidden by Shadows		Snap El Arco de Cabo Statue El Camino Chapter 3
The Mulege Watcher		Snap Mulege Statue El Camino Chapter 5
Statue Beneath Water	Snap Cascadas Statue El Camino Chapter 6
The Third Statue		Snap Ek Balam Statue El Camino Chapter 8
Proof Positive			Snap Sidneys Relic El Camino Chapter 9
New Digs			    Snap Car @ Casa Bella
Sleeping Giant			Snap Modern Rally @ Volcano
Twilight Saga			Snap Car @ Night
Shopping Spree			Vans @ Guanajuato
On The Naughty List		Snap 1997 Diablo
Spirit Of Xmas Past		Snap 2002 RX7
Stay Frosty			    Snap Car @ Volcano w. Snow
Crowd Pleaser			Rare Classics @ Street Scene HQ
Corazon Contento		Holden Sandman @ El Arco de Gabo @ Sunset
Synth Waves			    Retro Supercar @ Playa Azul
Cleared For Takeoff		Modern Supercar @ Aerodromo
Peak Performance		Hypercar @ Apex HQ
And The Crowd Goes Wild	Snap Car @ El Estadio
Firework Display		Snap Car @ Main Festival w. Fireworks
Photogenic			    Snap 4 Cars At Once
Chips To My Salsa		Modern Sportscar @ Sunset
Beam Me Up			    Snap Car @ Gran Telescopio
No Rest For The Wicked  Snap 1999 Diablo
Flash In The Pan		Cult Classic During Thunderstorm
Throwback			    Snap Mclaren Senna @ Main Festival
Look Out Beetles About	Snap 1963 VW Beetle
Porsche With Panache	Snap Hoonigan Porsche

Together with the weekly forzathon this adds up to 8,700 accolade points per week.
Maybe PG should fix those.

I found this topic because I had the same question. I have tried the weekly Forzathon challenge and one expedition today but none gave me extra points. Hence I’m wondrering if this method still works for others and if so why not for me.

It used to be the case that (nearly) any accolade where a photograph is taken could be done once per week (including El Camino chapters that don’t have a specific accolade, they also give accolade points).

Those with the recycle icon do not repeat (unless they’re for a photograph).

I did these for a while until I worked out what was going on. Since then there might have been a change but I’ve not investigated it any further.

Once a week, each of the actions below gave 250 except the two in the expedition, they gave 100.

tulum expedition - photograph the jade statue
tulum expedition - photograph the golden statue
el camino 1 - take a photograph deep inside the storm
el camino 2 - photograph the site in the copper canyons
el camino 3 or 4 - photograph the site near el arco de cabo san lucas
el camino 5 - photograph the site in mulegé
el camino 6 - photograph the site near cascadas de agua azul
el camino 7 - photograph the site at valle de las ranas
el camino 8 - photograph the site at ek’ balam
el camino 9 - photograph the site near the temple of quechula
any vehicle at the horizon festival mexico site
any vehicle outside the casa bella house
any modern rally car at la gran caldera volcano
any vehicle at night
any vans & utility vehicle in guanajuato
a 1997 lamborghini diablo sv
a 2002 mazda rx-7 spirit r type a
any rare classic at the horizon street scene outpost
a 1974 holden sandman hq panelvan near the el arco de cabo san lucas at sunset
a retro supercar at playa azul
a modern supercar at the aeródromo en la selva
a hypercar at the horizon apex outpost
any vehicle at el estadio horizon
any vehicle near the main festival with fireworks in the backdrop
a group of any four vehicles
any modern sportscar at sunset
any vehicle at the gran telescopio
a 1999 lamborghini diablo gtr
any cult classic vehicle during a thunderstorm
a 2018 mclaren senna at the horizon festival mexico site
a 1963 volkswagen beetle
a 1991 hoonigan rauh-welt begriff porsche 911 turbo

The “any vehicle at la grand caldera during snow” one did get altered, that can only be done once.

1 Like

This week, I finished all remaining Accolades I am able to complete, with only three remaining incomplete now:

• EVOLVING WORLD - EVOLVING WORLD - ANOTHER ONE LIGHTS THE DUST! - During the New Year, smash 25 white lanterns in the 2014 Toyota AT38 or the 2016 Toyota AT37

• EVOLVING WORLD - EVOLVING WORLD - HORIZON STYLE - Win the Horizon Parade Race

• EVOLVING WORLD - NEW CARS - AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE COLLECTOR - Own the 1962 Lincoln Continental, the 1964 Plymouth Belvedere, the 1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport, the 1968 Pontiac Firebird, the 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, the 2010 Rossion Q1, the 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and the 2023 Lucid Air Sapphire

I’d seen other threads where people mentioned repeatable bounties, so I started to look through the UI for them and started redoing the El Camino story missions. I was surprised that re-completing the first mission added 250 to my total Accolade Points. I went on to redo all the Accolades that are flagged in the UI as repeatable for El Camino, Tulum Expedition, and Jungle Expedition, however, only 4 awarded additional points:

• 250 - STORIES - EL CAMINO - WATCHER IN THE STORM - Take a photograph deep inside the storm

• 250 - STORIES - EL CAMINO - THE THIRD STATUE OF TLALOC - Discover and photograph the third statue of Tlaloc near Ek’Balam

• 100 - EXPEDITIONS - TULUM EXPEDITION - HIDDEN TREASURES - Photograph the Jade Statue

• 100 - EXPEDITIONS - TULUM EXPEDITION - STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN IN STORMS LIKE THIS - Photograph the Golden Statue

I then went on to the Photo Accolades and started working thru them, but found only the following 5 awarded points:

• 250 - CREATIVE - PHOTO - SLEEPING GIANT - Photograph any Moden Rally Car at La Gran Caldera volcano

• 250 - CREATIVE - PHOTO - PEAK PERFORMANCE - Photograph a Hypercar at the Horizon Apex Outpost

• 250 – CREATIVE – PHOTO – SYNTH WAVES – Photograph a Retro Supercar at Playa Azul

• 250 – CREATIVE – PHOTO – CORAZÓN CONTENTO – Photograph a 1974 Holden Sandman HQ Panelvan near the El Arco de Cabo San Lucas at sunset

• 250 – CREATIVE – PHOTO – CROWD PLEASER – Photograph any Rare Classic at the Horizon Street Scene Outpost

Was anyone else able to find any others that awarded Accolade Points this week?

I’m still mad over the lanterns. They better have lanterns for the whole month of January, and anyone coming with the “it’s the Chinese New Year” nonsense better keep quiet this time.

2 Likes

Apparently, you can get this Accolade with an Eventlab activity; just completed it today.

The only Accolade I’m missing now is Horizon Style (Win the Horizon Parade Race).