Toyota GR Yaris 2021

Well, the GR86 came out on GT Sport in July 2021, months after the GR Yaris and yet the the GR86 is in FH5 first

I seriously doubt there is exclusivity with GT. We have GR Supra since day one and GR86 came pretty quickly too.

The perfect car for a Horizon game the last rally homologation car to hit the streets is still missing from the game. I am seriously considering purchasing a PS5 and GT7 just to be able to drive this car in a game.

I will lose my sā€¦t if they somehow add GR Corolla before GR Yaris.

2 Likes

The GR Supra was first released in GT in 2019, came to Forza in 2021, the GR86 was first released in GT in 2021, it came to any racing game outside of GT in 2023

With that in mind, itā€™s pretty unlikely for them to bring in the Corolla before the Yaris

I wonder if the topic being called Toyota Yaris is hurting the chance of GR Yaris getting in the game?

I believe this is by far the most unique car in Toyotaā€™s GR portfolio and with the circuit/high performance pack (almost all cars are optioned with this pack) the GR Yaris is a rally car and a track car in one. Which means it would be a great fit for both FH5 and the new FM game.

With the focus on rallying and different surface racing in FH5, the fact that we are missing out on the first proper rally homologation car in decades is a shame.

Itā€™s even sold in Mexico which is the cherry on top.

GR Yaris got added to GT in Nov 2020 apparently. Almost three years ago :frowning:

I am guessing it was much easier creating the GR86 since we had the GT86 already but I still think GRY fits the game even better. Hope devs didnā€™t give up on it :frowning: I bet they can add GR Corolla easily once they have the GR Yaris in the game. Same transmission, engine and 4wd system.

Except for the fact that the GR86 is a completely new car, with it being the second generation 86

2 Likes

I am well aware itā€™s a new car but once they have the handling/dynamics of the GT86 tuned in, the transition from GT86 to GR86 shouldnā€™t be as hard as creating a car with unique body shape, unique 4wd system, unique transmission, unique engine.

GT had it for 2 years now. I am open to paying whatever you want to charge for it. Package it together with the new Z call it japanese pack and sell it to me. I would simply love it in a Forza Horizon game :frowning:

I just noticed that back in December 2022 I suggested a japanese pack with the new Z and GRY in it :smiley: they released the ā€œJapanese Automotiveā€ update not two months after that with the new Z in it but the GRY missing :sob:

When are we finally getting the Yaris GR? Itā€™s one of the most voted cars on the Forza Forums, highly sought after irl and Toyota is already planning a 300hp facelift version!

2 Likes

GR Yaris got over 1k votes already, this should be one of the next most-requested cars to join Forza universe after Nissan Tsuruā€¦

Hopefully, it should be the next Toyota GR car to be added in Horizon 5 & Motorsport (alongside GR Corolla)

And theyā€™re developing the 8-speed Automatic gearbox as well.

Hopefully we still get the 6-speed Manual one because Forza devs are fond of cars with Manual gearboxes to those who have it.

1 Like

Fiat Uno and Brazilian comunity are saying hi to you

And still no sign of GR Yaris arrival to FH5. I really hope itā€™s been here since day one. But fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:, hope dev hears us and itā€™s coming soon.

Hopefully, it should arrive in Motorsport, whether it will be a Car Pass car or not.

Lol I have an anxious feeling that Brazil might be the next Horizon location for FH6. Just for lilā€™ Fiat Uno to be available there. Itā€™s kindaā€¦ foreshadowing?

But the others wanted JAPANā€¦

Honestly, I donā€™t see Horizon 6 taking place in another tropical country. Maybe an even later sequel could take place in Brazil, but not an immediate follow-up. Besides, the Uno was made and sold in many markets besides Brazil and had decent performance for an entry level hot hatch. They could add it to any game regardless of the location, and I donā€™t many would have an issue.

I hope this car appears in the december update or at least future ones or the next horizon title.

2 Likes

Yaris GRMN

5 Likes

The GRMN would be nice too

And now, Honda Accord and the Arabic community are saying hi to all of us.

Uno is still second lol